Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hahahaha. Sadly i do know how tv is made, however it would be nice if they decided whether to expose the notion that the producer/company or the presenter sets the price and stick to it

so please put your automatically prejudiced res

ponse back into it'ssoapbox and back away as it's a no fighting zone.

If you know about how TV is made you wil know that the person in charge is the producer. Followed by the assistant producer. Followed by the director then the floor manager. Below all that is the 'talent' to suggest they have any say over a commercial decision like the 'price' is bonkers. They don't. But, as this is 'TV' sometimes they make out they do. Why? Well, because it's TV! And before you email Noel Edmunds to complain about the 'bankers' role in the financial collapse. I hate to tell you this... But he's NOT an actual banker!!! Again .... It's TV !

If you know about how TV is made you wil know that the person in charge is the producer. Followed by the assistant producer. Followed by the director then the floor manager. Below all that is the 'talent' to suggest they have any say over a commercial decision like the 'price' is bonkers. They don't. But, as this is 'TV' sometimes they make out they do. Why? Well, because it's TV! And before you email Noel Edmunds to complain about the 'bankers' role in the financial collapse. I hate to tell you this... But he's NOT an actual banker!!! Again .... It's TV !

it is bonkers.... so they shouldn't be acting like they set the price (at times). ****** ell.

ah yes, the Sit-up YTS production team :movie:

Wiggy is selling a Polaroid iS529 Camera and despite the on screen banner and website confirming it has 5 times Optical Zoom (it even has it printed of the front of Camera!) he repeatedly keeps saying it has 20 times Optical Zoom.

'This has also got a 20 times enhanced Optical Zoom, 20 times! Now most of the cameras we do have maybe 4 or 5 times, if you're lucky you might get 10 times. This has got 20 times Optical Zoom'

What on earth are the producers doing? Sheer incompetence.

camera.jpg

Last edited:
@bid_up ...on twitter for some amusing presenter quotes/ludicrous statements

Rufus Hound's past tweets about Bid are hilarious, my favourite is 'He's made Sarah Jessica Parker's discount perfume sound like Chanel No. 1000000. Ridiculous!'

I wonder who he's talking about? :giggle:

Rufus Hound's past tweets about Bid are hilarious, my favourite is 'He's made Sarah Jessica Parker's discount perfume sound like Chanel No. 1000000. Ridiculous!'

I wonder who he's talking about? :giggle:

i liked "im not gonna scaremonger but you will remember that accident for the rest of your life"

i liked "im not gonna scaremonger but you will remember that accident for the rest of your life"

I'm not a twitter expert and don't know all the features of it but are there any customer review tweets on the Bid page? I can't see any but I might be looking in the wrong place.

I'm not a twitter expert and don't know all the features of it but are there any customer review tweets on the Bid page? I can't see any but I might be looking in the wrong place.

I don't have twitter but i assume they would sensor it like qvc does with all their review facilities.

I don't have twitter but i assume they would sensor it like qvc does with all their review facilities.

That wouldn't surprise me Mr Tom but in fairness to them there are quite a lot of negative reviews on both the QVC and Ideal World websites.

And of course at least they allow reviews!

That wouldn't surprise me Mr Tom but in fairness to them there are quite a lot of negative reviews on both the QVC and Ideal World websites.

And of course at least they allow reviews!

if bid allowed reviews, this forum would be alot quieter lol

Wiggy is selling a Polaroid iS529 Camera and despite the on screen banner and website confirming it has 5 times Optical Zoom (it even has it printed of the front of Camera!) he repeatedly keeps saying it has 20 times Optical Zoom.

'This has also got a 20 times enhanced Optical Zoom, 20 times! Now most of the cameras we do have maybe 4 or 5 times, if you're lucky you might get 10 times. This has got 20 times Optical Zoom'

What on earth are the producers doing? Sheer incompetence.

View attachment 9317
Hi Wirral

The keyword there is enhanced. 5 x optical + 4 x digital = 20 x enhanced optical. Nobody in their right mind uses digital zoom as it reduces overall quality of the picture. Suspect the clever use of 'enhanced' ultimately lets them off in terms of strict description accuracy but I'm of the opinion that when it comes to things like this, there should be absolute clarity as to how these are arrived at as its two different processes combined.

Did anyone see the clock with the face of a hamster dressed as Tommy Cooper on price-drop earlier?

Hi Wirral

The keyword there is enhanced. 5 x optical + 4 x digital = 20 x enhanced optical. Nobody in their right mind uses digital zoom as it reduces overall quality of the picture. Suspect the clever use of 'enhanced' ultimately lets them off in terms of strict description accuracy but I'm of the opinion that when it comes to things like this, there should be absolute clarity as to how these are arrived at as its two different processes combined.

Did anyone see the clock with the face of a hamster dressed as Tommy Cooper on price-drop earlier?

Indeed, I understand that but he only said 'enhanced' once at the very start of the sale but proceeded throughout to keep saying '20 times optical zoom', which it patently dosen't have and yet again nobody stopped a wayward presenter in his tracks. He was even saying merely '20 times optical zoom' when previewing the product, I can only conclude by throwing in 'enhanced' once it was deliberate and a 'get out of jail' card. I didn't complain or anything like that but it was yet another example of a less than transparent sale but sadly I have seen worse, MUCH worse in the last few days :bandit:

I saw the Tommy Cooper Clock the other day, it's pretty odd but perhaps even more odd was a 3 piece canvas clock that had pictures of (I think) a tomato vine on the first two squares and on the third square it had the actual clock with a big tomato on it. However, it was of such poor quality it might have been an orange, it was hard to tell!

Last edited:
James Russell was just mentioning they have the 'Super Dicer Plus' coming up later and said he has seen the infomercials and wants one.

I have seen infomercials for 'Nicer Dicer Plus' but never 'Super Dicer Plus', it looks the same but is this similar to the ripoff Magic Bullet that looks the same but most certainly isn't, or maybe it's an enhanced version?

Sally hardly ever seem to be there on Saturday at the moment. she just said they have a double Saturday special maybe because she isn't there for the next 2 weeks, She wasent on last week and then for about a month b4 that she was off too

Peter just said the stock of the deal of the day is getting low, its the last of the stock, they still had 1075 left at the time, they started with 1999

The demonstration looked good how the beads look invisible holding the baubles but then it went wrong and all 4 floated to the top

but not really much of a deal is it

Set of 10 Water Beads
Starting Price : £ 23.00
Current Price : £ 7.99

Set of 10 Water Beads
Aromaglow Multifunctional Water Beads are a type of water absorbent polymer that absorbs, stores and then releases water and nutrients needed for growing plants. It's non-toxic, completely bio-degradable, and environmentally safe.

Used For:
Fresh cut flowers.
Soil substitute for growing plants.
Water soluble fragrance can be used for lasting air freshness.

Directions:
Put the Aromaglow Multifunctional Water Beads into a container. Add at least one litre of water per 10g and leave them in water for 4-6 hours. Then drain off the extra water and use as desired.

Packet Colours:
Red
Aqua green (blue green)
Clear
Mixed
Blue
Pink
Purple
Orange
Yellow
Jade green

Peter just said the stock of the deal of the day is getting low, its the last of the stock, they still had 1075 left at the time, they started with 1999

The demonstration looked good how the beads look invisible holding the baubles but then it went wrong and all 4 floated to the top

but not really much of a deal is it

Set of 10 Water Beads
Starting Price : £ 23.00
Current Price : £ 7.99

Set of 10 Water Beads
Aromaglow Multifunctional Water Beads are a type of water absorbent polymer that absorbs, stores and then releases water and nutrients needed for growing plants. It's non-toxic, completely bio-degradable, and environmentally safe.

Used For:
Fresh cut flowers.
Soil substitute for growing plants.
Water soluble fragrance can be used for lasting air freshness.

Directions:
Put the Aromaglow Multifunctional Water Beads into a container. Add at least one litre of water per 10g and leave them in water for 4-6 hours. Then drain off the extra water and use as desired.

Packet Colours:
Red
Aqua green (blue green)
Clear
Mixed
Blue
Pink
Purple
Orange
Yellow
Jade green

i've been hard on him lately but he managed to shift roughly 75% of the days stock, impressive even when bullshitting.

BOD is selling the 3 pc Steam Essence 50ml liquids that you dilute and use in an iron. He usefully explained 'one of my producers last week actually admitted to buying some fragranced water from a supermarket and it was over a pound for a bottle and that was for 1 litre, a pound a bottle for 1 litre? If you applied that rule of thumb to this, you know we can't compare them because they're not the same brand but 75 litres? You bought that from a supermarket at £1 a litre it's gonna be pretty damn expensive'.

Thanks BOD for not comparing the two products, or the price.

Latest posts

Back