Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

All he needs is a Golddigga Watch and those Glitter Boots to finish the look off nicely :mysmilie_14:

i like to think he knew he looked like a right wally.

But imagine my shock at hearing "welldone"s and "good work"s on price drop

i like to think he knew he looked like a right wally.

But imagine my shock at hearing "welldone"s and "good work"s on price drop

Well I got home earlier than expected today and I was very surprised to see the Frumpy Fraulein on Price Drop, maybe they need her to steady the sinking ship?

As dislikable as I find her she's very good at her job.

Well I got home earlier than expected today and I was very surprised to see the Frumpy Fraulein on Price Drop, maybe they need her to steady the sinking ship?

I agree, I think Gladys Goodwork is very good at her job
she's calm and unflappable and adapts well to the product she's selling
I watched a bit of her on PD this morning and she was completely unruffled, good on ya Cazza!
it's just a shame she's like a bossy head girl!

on a different note, Mikey Barrowboy Mason has been selling DOTD, a pack of 2 fleece hood/balaclava things
he suggested that if your house is cold because you're saving on your heating bills you could wear them around the home...........yep, I think I'll turn my heating off and put a balaclava on, that's what I'll do!!

I watched a bit of her on PD this morning and she was completely unruffled, good on ya Cazza!

on a different note, Mikey Barrowboy Mason has been selling DOTD, a pack of 2 fleece hood/balaclava things
he suggested that if your house is cold because you're saving on your heating bills you could wear them around the home...........yep, I think I'll turn my heating off and put a balaclava on, that's what I'll do!!

I've got to respectfully disagree with you deedee, personally I really value Mike Mason's well considered and never patronising advices.

Over the years I have learned much from him on a wide range of subjects from self confidence, spiritual teachings, taking pride in my appearance, lifestyle choices, family values, watching my finances and most importantly safety and security matters.

I suspect I'm not alone, who would have thought you could get all that from a shopping channel? I think the lesson here is you should never judge a book by it's cover.

However, he just made a howler. When going through the ingredients of Bain de Caron he said 'The Benzoin and The Cedar and The Incest'.

He quickly corrected himself, he meant Incense!

I've got to respectfully disagree with you deedee, personally I really value Mike Mason's well considered and never patronising advices.

Over the years I have learned much from him on a wide range of subjects from self confidence, spiritual teachings, taking pride in my appearance, lifestyle choices, family values, watching my finances and most importantly safety and security matters.

I suspect I'm not alone, who would have thought you could get all that from a shopping channel? I think the lesson here is you should never judge a book by it's cover.

However, he just made a howler. When going through the ingredients of Gain de Caron he said 'The Benzoin and The Cedar and The Incest'.

He quickly corrected himself, he meant Insence!

oops, a bit of a howler there from the barrowboy!! hehe!
I totally respect your opinion of Mike and his teachings
I can see how one could gain a wealth of knowledge from him in all aspects of life, however, I do feel suggesting the wearing of a balaclava around the house is perhaps a step too far
I fear we must agree to disagree on this one Wirral
it's not actually that cold where I live at the moment so the need hasn't arisen but I think my heating will go on or I'm going to struggle to drink my hot chocolate!!

oops, a bit of a howler there from the barrowboy!! hehe!
I totally respect your opinion of Mike and his teachings
I can see how one could gain a wealth of knowledge from him in all aspects of life, however, I do feel suggesting the wearing of a balaclava around the house is perhaps a step too far
I fear we must agree to disagree on this one Wirral
it's not actually that cold where I live at the moment so the need hasn't arisen but I think my heating will go on or I'm going to struggle to drink my hot chocolate!!

Forget what I said, I just saw him selling the massager.

It was just wrong, really vile. I mean REALLY VILE!

Here's Neil. It's a Fileep Murseeyay DOTD and the violins are playing :mysmilie_19:

Forget what I said, I just saw him selling the massager.

It was just wrong, really vile. I mean REALLY VILE!

Here's Neil. It's a Fileep Murseeyay DOTD and the violins are playing :mysmilie_19:

I don't think Mason was too bad selling the massager when you compare it to Peter Simon's presentation!
Oh yes, Neil is in full flow tonight in his jewellery showcase, I'm looking forward to his Tanzanite presentation
at the moment he's waxing lyrical about amore products, new age music and everything!!

They weren't selling well were they? They've been saying that the awful weather in New York usually comes over to us and at one point Mikey said you could use it as a bag!! Kiri just laughed at him.

Why does the iMedia man always ask the same question.......'What is the President of America called?' and then he asks who his wife is, then he asks something like 'when was she born?' and I've seen it answer before but this time it just said 'who?' lol...........'well it usually works' he laughed, I laughed too :mysmilie_14:

They weren't selling well were they? They've been saying that the awful weather in New York usually comes over to us and at one point Mikey said you could use it as a bag!! Kiri just laughed at him.

Why does the iMedia man always ask the same question.......'What is the President of America called?' and then he asks who his wife is, then he asks something like 'when was she born?' and I've seen it answer before but this time it just said 'who?' lol...........'well it usually works' he laughed, I laughed too :mysmilie_14:

Yes I saw that to! Maybe they use that phrase because it's such a commonly asked question it recognises easily? Anybody who has used voice search will know it's kind of hit and miss, even on much more expensive tablets.

Did you hear Gollum make the snotty comment to him when he said (I paraphrase) 'did you see my score, I came top'. Mason said 'sorry I've been busy selling your equipment'.

My early joy at hearing they might have new bosses has kind of evaporated, I see the tatt and all the shady old tricks are still in place as perfectly demonstrated by the two Peter's yesterday. I don't anticipate much change on the shady old tricks front but let's hope they get some better merchandise.

Ha, I saw it too. That's a very straightforward sentence and an easy question for voice recognition to work out, plus he'll have spent ages training the software to recognise him. I'd love to see it attempt to process a standard Peter Simon "sentence"!

she was selling bedding and flat out said she wouldnt buy it as she has similar bedding. fair play to her really

Id be more inclined to buy something from her because (similar to lord kean) she doesnt act like her life depends on it

I agree, I don't really like her style (and I'm not talking about her Anne Diamond 1985 TV-am garb) but I have never heard her give out misinformation about the products or stock levels. I'd imagine she would have no trouble finding TV work elsewhere which you probably couldn't say about some of the others.

But I still think the frump only exists on air, I bet she's nothing like that in real life.

I agree, I don't really like her style (and I'm not talking about her Anne Diamond 1985 TV-am garb) but I have never heard her give out misinformation about the products or stock levels. I'd imagine she would have no trouble finding TV work elsewhere which you probably couldn't say about some of the others.

But I still think the frump only exists on air, I bet she's nothing like that in real life.

I agree, I think the only issues with her are that her style is a little bit that of a dated head girl, other than that she's very good at her job
but did you have to say the frumpy image only exists on air, you know what my head's like!
I now have images of her getting home to her flat and changing into stockings, suspenders, thigh length boots and a basque which reveals her tattoos :nod: :whew:

Plus she never comes across like she is about to give a masterclass in driving safety etc

love her, hate her... atleast she isn't annoying

Plus she never comes across like she is about to give a masterclass in driving safety etc

love her, hate her... atleast she isn't annoying

Oh I do find her quite annoying on occasion but she dosen't make me feel sick like some of the others.

I just saw a trailer for the Sky Arts South Bank Awards which take place on January 30, it should be worth a look. I do hope Lisa Brash is recognised, I know you'll agree with me Mr Tom that she has worked so hard and selflessly during the last twelve months to promote culture on mainstream television.

Lisa is one to watch. I feel 2014 could be a breakthough year for her too.

I've often read your comments on here regards Gollum being chavvy, but never really seen it if you get my meaning. Last night though when he was on with the imedia guy, eurgh! The imedia guy is slimy and chavvy to the extreme and the 80's have definitely called and want their 'style' back :) however, he was pure class compared to Gollum. I think it was seeing them side by side. Makes me shudder to even think of it. Suddenly I see what you have all been going on about and have conjured up images of what 'the goddess' must be like, crikey!

On another note, Andrea, who is on in the mornings, OMG can she pleeeease go and find a more suitable job!?! She makes Peter Simon look like a proffesional tbh. I love the way she reads out the bumpf on the back of an item or a sheet and acts like she's coming up with it herself; its fantastic as she puts the pauses and exclamations in all the wrong places, makes hand movements which completely don't fit, then the camera pans up and we see her reading :p I don't think any Bid presenter has made me physically switch over they are so bad.... until her.

Also in complete agreement about Sir Kean, marvellous :)

I've often read your comments on here regards Gollum being chavvy, but never really seen it if you get my meaning. Last night though when he was on with the imedia guy, eurgh! The imedia guy is slimy and chavvy to the extreme and the 80's have definitely called and want their 'style' back :) however, he was pure class compared to Gollum. I think it was seeing them side by side. Makes me shudder to even think of it. Suddenly I see what you have all been going on about and have conjured up images of what 'the goddess' must be like, crikey!

On another note, Andrea, who is on in the mornings, OMG can she pleeeease go and find a more suitable job!?! She makes Peter Simon look like a proffesional tbh. I love the way she reads out the bumpf on the back of an item or a sheet and acts like she's coming up with it herself; its fantastic as she puts the pauses and exclamations in all the wrong places, makes hand movements which completely don't fit, then the camera pans up and we see her reading :p I don't think any Bid presenter has made me physically switch over they are so bad.... until her.

Also in complete agreement about Sir Kean, marvellous :)

it will probably shock you but the goddess is actually quite nice. haha

Oh I do find her quite annoying on occasion but she dosen't make me feel sick like some of the others.

I just saw a trailer for the Sky Arts South Bank Awards which take place on January 30, it should be worth a look. I do hope Lisa Brash is recognised, I know you'll agree with me Mr Tom that she has worked so hard and selflessly during the last twelve months to promote culture on mainstream television.

Lisa is one to watch. I feel 2014 could be a breakthough year for her too.

i think she is gearing up to sweep the boards in 2015

Award boards... actual boards.... the opportunities are endless

Latest posts

Back