Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sherlock is bigging up Jennifer Lopez, he claimed that she's a bit like a new Elizabeth Taylor. He enthused 'only last year she had yet another Number 1 both here and in the States and globally.'

No she didn't.

I thought he didn't like celebrity fragrances. Except, of course, for Elizabeth Taylor, J-Lo, Madonna, Jade Goody, Sarah Jessica Parker, Betty Boop....

He also said the other day, "We used to sell some shocking perfumes five years ago". Admirably honest, except at the time they were probably described as decadent, delicious, divine, etc. Wonder if he'll be saying the same of Jean Paul Dupont, Prestige, and Laurelle five years from now?

I thought he didn't like celebrity fragrances. Except, of course, for Elizabeth Taylor, J-Lo, Madonna, Jade Goody, Sarah Jessica Parker, Betty Boop....

He also said the other day, "We used to sell some shocking perfumes five years ago". Admirably honest, except at the time they were probably described as decadent, delicious, divine, etc. Wonder if he'll be saying the same of Jean Paul Dupont, Prestige, and Laurelle five years from now?

I don't think i'm being unfair when I say there often appear to be inconsistencies in Peter Sherlock's words. He's in good company.

However, sadly i'd be astonished if he's saying anything on Bid in 5 years time :mysmilie_59:

Sherlock is selling the Magnitone Pulsar face massager. Peter became almost emotional and actually said 'It's sounds stupid but I was, (pause), I nearly broke into tears last night after i'd used it because it's soooooooo good'

For once we agree but i'd replace stupid with ridiculous.

I see they're selling yet another beauty product covered in stickers to block certain words out (Gadi 21).

Sherlock said it's because they make claims that they can't back up as fact but he said 'you'll love the claims they make'. That dosen't really instill confidence does it?

Besides, since when have they been so sniffy about backing up wild claims? :mysmilie_15:

Sherlock is selling the Magnitone Pulsar face massager. Peter became almost emotional and actually said 'It's sounds stupid but I was, (pause), I nearly broke into tears last night after i'd used it because it's soooooooo good'

For once we agree but i'd replace stupid with ridiculous.

Dirty Peter looked like he was turning on the waterworks last night at one of the more pseudo religious Kinkades. I think this is why I tune into Bid from time to time. On what other shopping channel would this happen? There are almost no words for how bizarre some of their presenters are.

Dirty Peter looked like he was turning on the waterworks last night at one of the more pseudo religious Kinkades. I think this is why I tune into Bid from time to time. On what other shopping channel would this happen? There are almost no words for how bizarre some of their presenters are.

Quite right, and I was impressed that Good Ol' Patty seemed to positively embrace the moment.

In fact (in my opinion) at certain points Dirty Peter looked slightly uncomfortable with him which is definitely a first for me, it's usually people looking like they want to run away from Peter :mysmilie_19:

Quite right, and I was impressed that Good Ol' Patty seemed to positively embrace the moment.

In fact (in my opinion) at certain points Dirty Peter looked slightly uncomfortable with him which is definitely a first for me, it's usually people looking like they want to run away from Peter :mysmilie_19:

Yes, Patrick was a bit of an odd duck, though weirdly likeable somehow. He seemed to alternate between hard selling and joking around with DP, commenting on some of his more strange pronouncements. I think he even slipped a few "not onlys" too, although, unlike DP, he did actually complete his sentence.

Yes, Patrick was a bit of an odd duck, though weirdly likeable somehow. He seemed to alternate between hard selling and joking around with DP, commenting on some of his more strange pronouncements. I think he even slipped a few "not onlys" too, although, unlike DP, he did actually complete his sentence.

I'd say he was a perfect fit for Bid, it's just pity the merchandise didn't fly out.

Look at the Tablet man with Guy. Nice garb.

I see they're selling yet another beauty product covered in stickers to block certain words out (Gadi 21).

Sherlock said it's because they make claims that they can't back up as fact but he said 'you'll love the claims they make'. That dosen't really instill confidence does it?

Besides, since when have they been so sniffy about backing up wild claims? :mysmilie_15:

There is one product that has the words 'wrinkle killer' on the front that is taped up; it seems a bit pointless when Peter tells you what it says and there is a recorded advert with the words plainly seen :D

There is one product that has the words 'wrinkle killer' on the front that is taped up; it seems a bit pointless when Peter tells you what it says and there is a recorded advert with the words plainly seen :D

It's yet another in a long list of unique behavioural traits that Bid exhibit.

Personally I can think of a far better use for some strong tape during a Sherlock shift :mysmilie_11:

James Russell's Noël Edmonds jumper isn't very flattering.

Apparently Lisa Brash is on Bid at 6.30!

So ladies night is with miss brash as sally has been struck down with bullshitinitis

I genuinely like lisa

Sally seems to be absent much more than the others.

However, it Was Sherlock who said Lisa is on at 6.30 so it may or may not happen.

russell did also say it, so it begs the question.... price drop at 10... Who gets the impossible task

Big shoes to fill Mr Tom and I don't mean that Lisa has size 13 trotters.

They'll drag somebody inferior in like Mark Ryes or BOD.

If James Russell's manbubbs get any bigger he's gonna keel over, fall through the floor and end up in Acton Tube Station :mysmilie_59:

Big shoes to fill Mr Tom and I don't mean that Lisa has size 13 trotters.

They'll drag somebody inferior in like Mark Ryes or BOD.

If James Russell's manbubbs get any bigger he's gonna keel over, fall through the floor and end up in Acton Tube Station :mysmilie_59:

I do like that dallas fellow, seems like a ****** nice chap

I do like that dallas fellow, seems like a ****** nice chap

And what's more he actually buys his clothes from Bid.

And unlike Mike Mason, his aftershave too :mysmilie_59:

Furthermore I believe his real name is Brian.

Latest posts

Back