Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know about the circumstances of the other three financially, but Ryan openly expresses that he and his partner run a public house, and he also has a presenters role on You Garden. To be fair, none of them seem to portray themselves exactly as hard up. I think Paul Wright would have been more philanthropic (and perhaps he has been) in giving jobs to some of the call centre type staff and the lower wage owners in general at the channel.
I caught the last hour of a two hour live tv broadcast on you TV yesterday morning (nothing better to do as I waited for a man to come and tell how much it’s gonna cost me to get a new oil boiler fitted) I think I watched for around 20 minutes max and during that time Ryan repeated 3 times how much he loved his new job as a presenter on you tv And actually spelt out his name as it’s found on Facebook so you could be sure to find it.

My take on Dennis and co last night re the wigs, sunglasses and earrings was that I was watching people who all knew 100% this wasn’t gonna work. Kinda like you’ve gotta laugh or you’ll cry.
I swear at one point den said something about how tiny the studio they were in was and how much bigger the one next door is. Guessing they are just thinking every hour they are there is a bit more money in the bank and beggars can’t be chooser.

There was a quite telling moment at one point. The main craft channel was doing a promotion for Shop Extra (good idea) and Den and the gang were waving

I went over to the main channel and the presenter said "our boss knows these people and couldn't see them being out of work so thought he would give this a try to help them"

That is admirable but again it hardly sounds like anyone internally has any faith in this even
I know I'm an old grump but tbh I don't find what they're doing admirable, either the owners/managers in keeping IW going or what the presenters are doing. As I said before, heck you'd think these presenters had been rescued from some terrible situation and we, the public, should be grateful to see them return. Further, we should buy buy buy the products to ensure they can keep living in the ways they've become accustomed to.

Why? Are they a charitable endeavour?

Or is it more so they can keep pushing their dubious sales techniques and products that can often be found cheaper elsewhere?

Is the friendship, family and fun motto directed at the viewers? Or is it friendship, family and fun for just the staff?

Friendship - Don't tell your friends, the viewers, that your previous channel was in financial trouble, and could close down while it was still broadcasting.

Family - Don't tell your family/ the viewers, if they get their rattan furniture, there may be no Ideal World to send it back to..

Fun? Crank up the happiness factor by showing rattan for hours on end..

A little something for the weekend

Attachments

• CE2E1795-A207-4D6B-A8E5-41B8BC40DB02.jpeg
    CE2E1795-A207-4D6B-A8E5-41B8BC40DB02.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 63
Most people that have appeared so far on the new channel, seem to have some long-term connection with Ideal World. I mean by that, the Ideal World predating the Bid-Up influx. Even Tim Britton said he goes back nine or ten years with the channel. No sign of any of the ex-Bid-Up hosts as yet. The loyalty shown is clearly connected so far to Ideal World front of camera people working on the channel when Paul and Val were still running it. I wonder if it will extend to the likes Simon Peters and Mason Michaels? Though, to be fair, I can’t see Mick opting for the somewhat basic facilities a star shopping television presenter wouldn‘t feel at home with. It would clearly cramp his style, literally. And you might even get to see what fancy watch he had on in the tiny studio environment for the cheaper timepieces hours.

C&C seemed to be making another attempt to get the USA crafters to watch , with the big re- launch of Freedom in $ / £ and adverts about using Roku but as they have different awake hours to us surely C&C need to sell at night ? When C&C had the dedicated US channel a few years back they even did different live broadcasts at night. Never mind Shop Extra , the owners are putting C&C at risk.

Give it a week…

6:00 PM - LIVE! Fashion Bric a Brac with Dennice Robertson

7:00 PM - LIVE! Used Magazines, Books, and DVDs with Shaun Ryan

8:00 PM - In the Kitchen with Piranha (repeat)

9:00 PM - LIVE! Drift Wood with Dennice Robertson + Guest Expert Peter Vollabore

Great song. Justin Hayward, the expert?? Second night of banned from watching. Cold turkey…

Used Magazines??? Presenters flogging their own????

You are missing Mire drone with his best ever drone and it gets

bettta

Felt for the bio synergy man in the first hour, good informative guest product never sold well on TJC so here he is giving Shop Extra a spin

A massive change from Hayley compared to Ideal World Hayley

Not one "we are so busy" or "checkout your baskets" 30 minutes in of the 7pm show

just one "we are so busy"

Mire won't shut up and I don't think it is possible to dampen his levels of noise regardless

I turned on and it was drone guy and could only last a few seconds before blood pressure was off the scale. :ROFLMAO:

"You'll find these features in £800, £900, £1000 drones". Yeah but you also get those features in cheaper drones too, plus with more expensive drones they have other features and are of a better quality.
The final straw was when he went on about "we've upgraded to HD cameras, 1080p is the highest HD resolution you can get". Of course no mention that even cheaper Chinese drones on Ali all surpass that with 4K and even some with 8K cameras.

Is this the place where all the former IW BA’s and tat sellers congregate,whoever thought this was a good idea must be losing all sensibility and must have thought what a great 👍 idea the mugs will fall for it again.
Same products,same presenters,same fakeness,cheap watches,cheap sunglasses,cheap earrings,and those drones 😂🤣😂
Dont fall for it remember the rattan sold to unaware customers,then the company went bust.
These people should not be on our tv screens thank god they are hidden away on the red button,hopefully soon to be forgotten.
Can’t see it lasting gone by Christmas 🥳

Latest posts

Back