Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

btw, you are a 'Brand Ambassador' on here, whilst I am a lowly 'Registered Shopper? Meaning? More posts/replies/likes or a site admin/moderator or something?

There's a text field in profile settings that lets you can enter anything and it shows underneath your username in posts. If you enter nothing it will default to displaying "Registered Shopper".

I chose "brand ambassador" as during lesser-brand watch shows on IW the guest presenter (usually Jonathan Boreoff) would claim "We're offering this at such a low price to help get the brand established in the UK. At this price we're inviting you to become our brand ambassadors…"

It was so transparently false 🤮 it stuck with me.

There's a text field in profile settings that lets you can enter anything and it shows underneath your username in posts. If you enter nothing it will default to displaying "Registered Shopper".

I chose "brand ambassador" as during lesser-brand watch shows on IW the guest presenter (usually Jonathan Boreoff) would claim "We're offering this at such a low price to help get the brand established in the UK. At this price we're inviting you to become our brand ambassadors…"

It was so transparently false 🤮 it stuck with me.
Lol, I thought it was a meaningless points win meaningless prize levels thing.
I only Like posts on here to let people know I've read/absorbed their considered postings! And keep track of which posts/pages I've already seen, it's hard to keep up sometimes and don't want to miss any if been off site for even a day or two!

Now what can I put in my profile comment field instead... ❓ 😜

Groucho Max may have said it but Oscar Wilde is credited with being the originator of the quote.
Hmmm, I stand corrected. It appears Marx was the most recent famous quote, and the only one I'd heard of it being attributed to and to my mind most well known, if you asked most people they'd say Marx, hence the Groucho Club much later.

But a quick trawl shows it has also been attributed to Chaplin and Wilde, who as the earliest is likely the originator. He said most original things, after all!

They look like a bad Abba tribute band🤔
Can’t see it myself…
IMG_1724.jpeg

I hopped on to the YT (live?) feed last night and Shaun was flogging the melty plastic fixy stuff with Peter V. I stayed on for all of 1 minute but during that time heard Shaun say along the lines of ...

Yeah we used to be on another channel (smirk smirk) however we're here now and it's much better

'Better' for who? 'Better' in what way? Same products, same presenters, same bullsh1t, less broadcasting hours and less channel availability. Yeah, you're right ... much better.

And lol, they were trying to show how useful the melty sticks would be for crafters by showing a little figurine someone had moulded from the stuff. Deary deary me.

I’ve not watched any of it since Wednesday, I think… what I had been, hoping for was a more credible way of selling. Maybe I’ve got rose coloured spectacles on here – but how things used to be sold in the pre-Bid-Up days of Ideal World. Sadly, just the same sh..different day, with the same old rogu…er…demonstrators from the dark final days (literally when the lights went out on air).. Now that Upside Down Head Two watch person has also returned, so I read. Watching that actor bloke making grand and unsubstantiated claims about those cheap looking watches early last week - you just know there is no serious intention to do anything any better or more transparently.

I'm bored of it already, Just the same old shi.....Hardly bother with it, in fact if the forum wasnt still going I wouldnt watch it at all.

Everything is the dull boring same, These presenters want to face reality, But alas no its everyone else at fault.
Yeah, each to their own, but to essentially watch the same thing time after time isn't for me. Pour copious amounts of stuff onto a carpet, sook it up with a carpet cleaner. Here are some chips cooked in an air fryer. Here's a drone flying around a small tv studio. Here are watches not worth what we're telling you they're worth. A large part of successful selly telly much surely be constantly attracting new viewers as well as keeping current ones engaged. Not sure how well Shop Extra will be able to do that ...

100% agree Cheeky Chappie.

Just before IW went off air they had an hour one night with an electronic keyboard on offer with a real (not some agency actor) sales rep from the company, I cant mind the make of keyboard but it was a different hour which held my attention for the full hour, No blah blah blah me mam has this that and the next thing tales or i'm buying 23 of these.....etc etc.

It was so refreshing but alas we now have Ideal Shop Extra World back with full on fake as fake cant get, how people cant see through the fakeness is beyond me.

Hmmm, I stand corrected. It appears Marx was the most recent famous quote, and the only one I'd heard of it being attributed to and to my mind most well known, if you asked most people they'd say Marx, hence the Groucho Club much later.

But a quick trawl shows it has also been attributed to Chaplin and Wilde, who as the earliest is likely the originator. He said most original things, after all!
Oscar Wilde said so many witty quotes. After his suffering in prison he is quoted as saying "if this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners then she doesn't deserve to have any". I'm a huge fan of his work but he had a self destructive character.

Just before IW went off air they had an hour one night with an electronic keyboard on offer with a real (not some agency actor) sales rep from the company, I cant mind the make of keyboard but it was a different hour which held my attention for the full hour, No blah blah blah me mam has this that and the next thing tales or i'm buying 23 of these.....etc etc.

It was so refreshing but alas we now have Ideal Shop Extra World back with full on fake as fake cant get, how people cant see through the fakeness is beyond me.
Not only fake but with the smirking entitlement of nothing to do with us it’s not our fault.
We carry on as if nothing has happened (WRONG)
No apology from any of them for leaving customers out of pocket,with goods not delivered,or easy pays still being taken but no goods supplied.
Not sure why these shysters are still on tv?

Yamaha, was it? Playing a musical instrument myself, I wish I'd seen it. That is the ideal - somebody who knows their stuff demonstrating a product properly. Imagine the same show with van Wrongnoteski...Playing Chopsticks with one finger, sat on a piece of musical rattan...

Not only fake but with the smirking entitlement of nothing to do with us it’s not our fault.
We carry on as if nothing has happened (WRONG)
No apology from any of them for leaving customers out of pocket,with goods not delivered,or easy pays still being taken but no goods supplied.
Not sure why these shysters are still on tv?
Yeah, the few times I've hopped on the YT feed I've seen them mention IW mk1 once or twice, not by name but in a derogatory manner, smirking, wink wink, nowt to do with us guv.

To the Shop (pay) Extra presenters ...

YOU WERE PART OF IT!!!

I think they would be better served if they retained some dignity over the situation and not keep making barbed comments about their former employer. Not only is it repetitive and annoying, but it is also unprofessional to be publicly slagging off who you used to work for, even if it is in a roundabout way, when you were working for a new employer now. It also suggests that they are in complete denial over their own front of house role in the channel’s downfall, with their interesting and creative selling techniques at times. Rather than trying to soothe damaged egos, if they are to continually mention Ideal World, a few words of sympathy for the minimum wage type who lost their jobs, rather than the ’poor’ ‘damaged‘ presenters - poor luvvies..

Latest posts

Back