Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love this ‘technical sell out’ thang…Have the ASA asked for the definition of it? Er…well.. Mr. Plod..ASA personage person…What we mean by that ‘ere is that well..erm..technically the item in question, My Lord, has erm..sold out, but erm..it could still be available, possibly. Erm..er..possibly meaning if we still have it to sell, that is. Technically, Your Honour, we might have sold out what we‘ve sold technically speaking but in a non- technical, technical way, we might still have 10,000 round the back, technically round the back, anyway.
It's sold out ... for that show. However 'in the warehouse' they have 'loaded into the system' another 20 in stock lined up for the next show, 20 for the one after that, and so on.

It's all bullsh1t ..........

Key question this is Ideal World just carrying on as normal,I do wonder which naughty person or persons,are putting stuff in their baskets and not purchasing anything.
Must be very frustrating for bouncing bunny when technically nothing sells out😂😂😂
I find folk who do this very immature and to be honest it's not fair for consumers like me. I rely on IW mk2 for crucial items like a whizzy whisk, collectibles and a carpet cleaner. They offer a crucial service, selling unique products at prices that can't be beaten!

Technical sell out in TV world seems to be that all the particular item has been either sold or is just in someone's basket awaiting checkout. For some strange reason, especially on watch shows, quite a few items seem to be put in baskets but never see the checkouts. Might be viewers way of reserving a watch till they see what the presenters have to say about it or reserve it till they have a good think about whether to buy or not (maybe trying to get permission from the wife etc :ROFLMAO:) and in the end don't buy.

Hehehehe.

Mike Mason used to rail against people trying to be clever by putting things in their baskets to cause low stock/technical sell outs, but with no intention actually buying anything…

As BT used to say:

D-ojTD7XkAATYOO.jpg

Wow, they were just flogging those (honestly rather awful) rudimentary kitchen mops you'd find being sold for the price of a new car in Betterware during the 1990s. Y'know, the type you'd have to use with a bucket of water …Which during their motorised mop shows they scream are so unhygienic and unsanitary...

mop.jpg

Last edited:
L
Checked the YT feed, they're flogging a rubber headed mop. But I thought mops of any description were sh1te as they push dirty water around and don't actually clean?

Me confused ...

Literally just came here to say the same thing.

No-one would care/mind/notice them flogging these kinds of mops if the same presenters didn't make such a massive song and dance about how awful, dirty, and disgusting they are during other shows…

Wow, they were just flogging those (honestly rather awful) rudimentary kitchen mops you'd find being sold for the price of a new car in Betterware during the 1990s. Y'know, the type you'd have to use with a bucket of water …Which during their motorised mop shows they scream are so unhygienic and unsanitary...

View attachment 26545

The guy looked as though he'd rather be anywhere esle but on shop extra with Den.

Latest posts

Back