Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As you say they may well be totally different off screen,but in the dieing days of Ideal World,non of the current Shop Extra tat sellers did themselves any favours.
TJC is already being dragged down to smut and shouting(people never learn)
Back to the four stooges on shop extra they were the wrong people to launch a new shopping channel,simply because many like myself will never buy anything from them.
IW went bust but a few days later they were having a party with not a care in the world 🤬
The words shallow and uncaring with no concern for others spring to mind!

I noticed this being said a few times and personally i just don't get it, just because a person can act like a normal human being in their off screen time doesn't absolve or excuse them for their shyster behaviour on screen. And as for it's just an act/on screen persona, well hey whether it's an act, on screen persona or natural persona they are still consciously taking part in deliberately lying, misinforming and misleading viewers with the aim of persuading said viewers into buying IW products. The fact that they willingly participate in this behaviour says all you need to know about their character. ;)

Didn't watch much of TJC until IW went but from what little i've see over the years they've always been just a more boring version of IW, same shyster behaviour.

Nobody would expect any retailer to downplay their goods. The difference with Ideal World and most other shopping television channels is the hysterical exaggeration of the quality of them. In particular with things like watches. Unrealistic (that‘s putting it politely) RRPs. continually quoted throughout a presentation to drive home to the punter what a great deal this £5.99 timepiece is compared to its £5999 recommended selling price. Gross hyperbole for the sake of effect in the point I make, but it emphasises the barrow boy mentality of some if not most of the players in the market over the years. And with the ASA just offering ‘tellings off‘ as punishment for these types of transgressions, there is absolutely no incentive whatsoever to clean up their collective acts, is there?

Don't forget the LIES, they were quite good at openly lying during some of their watch shows.

Is this really a thing, Shaun is on with puzzle games, The P&P is £3.95....ok nothing wrong with that....BUT he then says "Not many left in the warehouse then it will go to extended delivery so maybe a week to be posted out....." Reallllly????

If thats the case why is P&P still £3.95??? what a farce, anyone who gives cash to this business I have no words......

Is this really a thing, Shaun is on with puzzle games, The P&P is £3.95....ok nothing wrong with that....BUT he then says "Not many left in the warehouse then it will go to extended delivery so maybe a week to be posted out....." Reallllly????

If thats the case why is P&P still £3.95??? what a farce, anyone who gives cash to this business I have no words......
Plus we have no clue just how many they actually have in the warehouse so when he says only ten left we have no clue if they started with 12(possibly brout in the back of the guest car) on the day. or 120 actually present in the warehouse in boxes.

Next.. Green Shield Timepieces Extravaganza. A brand new, old, heritage historically 21st century phantasmagorical smorgasbord of the much treasured Green Shield brand. The STAMP of quality and BOOKed to thrill… Collect 20 watches and qualify for a Westclox repeater alarm clock.
I remember green shield stamps 😁 had a laugh with a Sainsbury's staff member, she asked if I had a nectar card, to which I replied that I hadn't filled my green shield book yet 🤔 she hadn't a clue poor lass 😁
Anyway, back to these massive hockey puck watches 😳 who wears watches this big?

World exclusive shite again, bobody else has them

But, but the Polish distributer has them in stock. wow what a shock.

and of course

Oh and next world exclusive.

Although unfortunately we all know it happens, any retailor with a decent company ethos shouldn't be employing people (who are dealing directly with the public) with questionable traits, especially if they are using said traits to be good at shifting tat. To me that makes the company worse than the employee, money before morals.
Unfortunately in sales, actually let's be honest in most walks of life, money and profit talks.

(Managers meeting)
'God consistently sells on average 10 widgets per week. The devil sells on average 25 per week.'

'Hey let's keep 'em both on, they strike a good balance.'

'But we can only afford to retain one of them boss.'

'Can you tell God I want a word ...'

They had folks contacting them if they could still get the Anniversary watch. :unsure:

Why are folks contacting them, it's been available to buy on the shop extra web site since it launched a couple of weeks ago, it HASN'T been out of stock.

Fastest selling VE watch says Kev.

Well there was only 200, and they still haven't sold out yet. So what's are those 200,000 VE facebook fans doing?

Unfortunately in sales, actually let's be honest in most walks of life, money and profit talks.

(Managers meeting)
'God consistently sells on average 10 widgets per week. The devil sells on average 25 per week.'

'Hey let's keep 'em both on, they strike a good balance.'

'But we can only afford to retain one of them boss.'

'Can you tell God I want a word ...'

That's true, but in the vast majority of cases it's not in such a bold face manner as IW. ;)

I love this ‘technical sell out’ thang…Have the ASA asked for the definition of it? Er…well.. Mr. Plod..ASA personage person…What we mean by that ‘ere is that well..erm..technically the item in question, My Lord, has erm..sold out, but erm..it could still be available, possibly. Erm..er..possibly meaning if we still have it to sell, that is. Technically, Your Honour, we might have sold out what we‘ve sold technically speaking but in a non- technical, technical way, we might still have 10,000 round the back, technically round the back, anyway.

I love this ‘technical sell out’ thang…Have the ASA asked for the definition of it? Er…well.. Mr. Plod..ASA personage person…What we mean by that ‘ere is that well..erm..technically the item in question, My Lord, has erm..sold out, but erm..it could still be available, possibly. Erm..er..possibly meaning if we still have it to sell, that is. Technically, Your Honour, we might have sold out what we‘ve sold technically speaking but in a non- technical, technical way, we might still have 10,000 round the back, technically round the back, anyway.

Technical sell out in TV world seems to be that all the particular item has been either sold or is just in someone's basket awaiting checkout. For some strange reason, especially on watch shows, quite a few items seem to be put in baskets but never see the checkouts. Might be viewers way of reserving a watch till they see what the presenters have to say about it or reserve it till they have a good think about whether to buy or not (maybe trying to get permission from the wife etc :ROFLMAO:) and in the end don't buy.

Looking at their web site this morning, and doesn't look like there were any sell outs on the watch show last night, all watches that were on the show are still available to buy, even the 20th anniversary watch.

Latest posts

Back