Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great seeing everybodys fav drone expert Richard Mire selling drawer tidies

(its new for me :)

May I request something from all regulars (and anybody new all welcome) at 10 pm in way of a celebration for us all to turn on any air fryers we may own and grab any air fryer recipe books nearby

BRODEL BRODEL
Drone. Hour isn’t live

Not a fantastic night so far. Boring old skin stuff, My Name is Den droning on and on as only she knows how, somebody purporting to be a Cozhmoshootikel skincare expert, sucking a whelk, then, even worse, the Goons Show Party repeat. Add in some desperate mop head (no, not Crawley) demo, and eating your own innards becomes an attractive proposition…

Do they do day trips there?
I hear you have a lovely time
And on the way back, you can cuddle with Jack …

I’ll get my coat…
😂
Lol, yes, Fiddler's Dram.

But technically Den is correct. MDM is in Bangor, Northern Ireland - so UK.

Not Bangor, North Wales.

Ok, here we go...

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor
A beautiful day, we had lunch on the way and all for under a pound you know,
But on the way back I cuddled with Jack and we opened a bottle of cider,
Singing a few of our favourite songs as the wheels went around...

Elsie and me, we finished our tea and said goodbye to the seaside,
Got on the bus, Flo said to us, oh isn't it a shame to go,
Wouldn't it be grand to have cash on demand and to live like this for always...
😃
The other night Shaun said the "call centre" is based in Ireland, tonight Den has said the "call centre is based in this country".

So where is this "call centre" exactly?
Northern Ireland, as above.

Lord Brodel I am ready for your masterclass (yes it needs a clean :)

Attachments

• IMG20230830205101[5053].jpg
    IMG20230830205101[5053].jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 39
Oh absolutely!

All the stock we had was available on all shows, nothing was kept behind. The issue was when a show was doing well and selling many units, people would be frantically on the phones buying more without discussing with other parties, making it look like it was there all along.

IW was hugely mismanaged. The new CEO proudly proclaimed ‘shopping TV is dead’ and then proceeded to overpay ‘celebrities’ to appear with 0 talent or training. With Sports Direct, they wanted the channel to sell their products, with no knowledge of how the industry works and what items sell and don’t (as expected, their leftovers did not). Eric Knowles was widely known as a bad idea but the CEO would fire anyone who said no to him, leading to many resignations and firings in the final months.
His ‘strategy’ was to get big on social media and replace those he deemed ‘too old’ with fresher faces who couldn’t sell and led to poorer sales
Thanks for the reply & info.

Sounds like they needed the likes of a dragons' den Stephen Bartlett type figure if they wanted to turn it into a social media 'influencer' channel of 'celebrities and social media types'. Gawd help us, that would have been an instant turn-off for me; I don't get influenced nor react well to ig/X/tiktok/YouTube shorts, social media tw@ts with product placement or recommendations. 😠

Also: it occurred to me a script on IW would have been a good idea. Help them stick to the facts.

It was the random talking, rambling, and winging it, blagging it, flights of fancy, when the exaggerations, overblown claims and mistruths were spouted and ASA infringements made.

@snakesnakesnake What are your first impressions of Shop Extra. Do you think they have taken the right approach. What would you do differently? Do you think it will succeed. As is or in a different form?

Surely a more staid, professional, fact-based sales operation would have credibility?

Latest posts

Back