Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So we see the GTLS tubes! There are GTLS tubes, right? Every expensive watch has them. They glow for 15 years… Just not in a TV studio with the lights turned down unless you shine a torch on them…
Yes! I was always curious about that since IW days...if these bright glow-in-the-dark gtls tubes 'fluoresce', then why in a darkened IW studio did Kev/presenter have to shine a torch on the watch face to show the tube lights? Not seen gtls on SE tonight, but sounds the same.

Was it just the cameras not sensitive enough to pick up their light, compared to our eyes, or are they just not very bright/good?

Yes! I was always curious about that since IW days...if these bright glow-in-the-dark gtls tubes 'fluoresce', then why in a darkened IW studio did Kev/presenter have to shine a torch on the watch face to show the tube lights? Not seen gtls on SE tonight, but sounds the same.

Was it just the cameras not sensitive enough to pick up their light, compared to our eyes, or are they just not very bright/good?

They use a UV torch to mislead the viewers and give the tubes and lume extra brightness they wouldn't have under normal conditions. They're nowhere near as bright in the dark. Remember Kevski often hints that the Traser watches or other makes with GTLS tubes were/are used by the US and other military etc, can you imagine if your wrist lit up like that in darkness in a war zone, snipers would have a field day. ;)

Someone said Brodel is making a return? I didn't catch the chef they had on the other night, but I do love our Paul. Accomplished chef, hilarious viewing, and he's an author too. Hot Air Frying & More should be on the school curriculum (if only because IW had so many copies of that thin pamphlet they could supply the entire secondary education system at 1 per pupil).

Clever directoral decision to present the watch show from a concrete bunker. The austere surroundings make these timepieces look super attractive by comparison...
One of the first slots last week on SE launch day, was Vostok Europe with Kev in this strange, drab, grey, grey and more grey set. As I said then, it looks like a stationery cupboard. The shelves are grey, the wall is grey, the desk/table is grey.

Why?

Is it deliberate? Or are they just being 'obtuse'? (Get the ref.?)

They've had a week to decorate the set, or add colour, as the launch balloons have gone and only the SE brand logo has any colour. Or is it to show the watch colours on a bland, I mean, neutral, background. Weird. Really, really, weird.

Last edited:
Someone said Brodel is making a return? I didn't catch the chef they had on the other night, but I do love our Paul. Accomplished chef, hilarious viewing, and he's an author too. Hot Air Frying & More should be on the school curriculum (if only because IW had so many copies they couldn't shift they easily supply the whole secondary education system at 1 per pupil).

I preferred Hot Air Frying personally but both classics of the genre

I was just going off something on Facebook where he said "he is loving having the channel to watch, but will see them all very soon"

These Tony James pieces of time just leak quality.
A fitting tribute to the much revered Generation X and Sigue Sigue Sputnik bass guitar hero. They lose time for you, as you stand there, rigid and exposed, captivated - stuck in the moment, forever..
Can anyone point to these AJ watches in a Chinese catalogue/site? Is there any UK/design input. Or just OEM off the shelf from .cn?

Don't worry, I'm not buying, but I do have a penchant for anything 'nice' that says 'London' on it. 😁

never watched this Mike character before he is nothing like as annoying as Tony actually seems a decent enough guest

Ryan has a clever if not obvious tactic with the emails he doesn’t want to read put in front of him…”Hmm..Oh…Oh..Dear..My tablet is frozen (sees you are a load of wan….email)..Oh dear..gremlins tonight… (presses erase)…Right…Right…Erm…”

Does this indicate he's now out of the selly telly game altogether?

I think he must be retired. The registered address of some of those businesses is a pretty expensive property, so maybe he made a bit out of those businesses.

Was it this one? :ROFLMAO:

Even doing a His and Hers version for £14 on Ali…

From the noise those jubilee bracelets were making I'd say with confidence they're as hollow as the presenters promises 😁 You have to be nice Hammy for your emails to be read 😎 me and Shaun are on first name terms 🤩
I thought that too. They were rattling like a skeleton in a tin bin…

Latest posts

Back