Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone's just texted asking mm what his daily watch is, as his is omega, to which he replied they were birds of a feather 😁 We've all seen his smp slyly hidden on numerous occasions 😁

He's admitted during shows (with Reynolds) he wears it 90% of the time, prezzie from his wife, the other 10% of the time is when he's in the pub or on hols showing off his bragging rights watches like Mr Grey, Nubeo space (actually nowhere near space just high up in a weather balloon) watch etc. ;)

I think he is very much set in terms of his TV delivery in the conventional world of about 1975. Probably in part due to the nature of the audience that they assume they’ve got. Those from an era where gay is happy, trans are northern locomotives, The Village People inhabitants of a small hamlet, and The Pet Shop Boys, part-time youngsters mucking out the hamster cages. Gender fluid is men’s or ladies’ fragrances..etc. etc.. If he ever uses an analogy of a same-sex couple for one of his watch sales, I will eat one of his watches live on-air, and the
box.

Mason has severe hypothermia (82F) and near death according to that thermometer. He doesn’t appear to know this. I think he should quit while he’s ahead. The thing is clearly not working properly. As is the thermometer. Or he is completely clueless how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason has severe hypothermia (82F) and near death according to that thermometer. He doesn’t appear to know this. I think he should quit while he’s ahead. The thing is clearly not working properly. As is the thermometer. Or he is completely clueless how to use it.

He needs Dr Jacks to keep him right. ;)

I pretty sure the thermometer is ok, he just doesn't know how to use it, he must have had it in object mode.

It kinda reminded me on Peter V and his ceramic demos and measuring the temp with his temp gun, he hadn't a clue either.

I remember a few weeks ago he made some sort of disclaimer that the display watches don't always work because they were special TV watches but that ours will work when we get it delivered. I should think we'd all want to see working watches BEFORE we buy them

You wonder why he didn’t flag up 28c as an extremely dangerous to have temperature for a human. Any parent in particular should have a basic idea at least of what a normal or worryingly high or low temperature in their child registers as. He clearly had no clue what a normal adult temperature should be. And if he did, he wasn’t sharing the fact with the viewers. You wonder at the prep or lack of it for products by the presenters in general on this channel.

I remember a few weeks ago he made some sort of disclaimer that the display watches don't always work because they were special TV watches but that ours will work when we get it delivered. I should think we'd all want to see working watches BEFORE we buy them

This just shows what a bunch of amateurs and shysters they are, and that's not just Ideal World but some of the brands as well.

There can be a valid and unforseen reason for a watch suddenly not working properly on a show, especially quartz watches, when battery suddenly gives up and needs replacing, but there should be no reason for an automatic not functioning properly unless the watch is defective or presenters haven't a clue (which if was the case they shouldn't be selling watches in the first place, especially when watches are costing in the hundreds).

One thing that has stood out on shows is that any watches that look/are defective tend to be from brands that have had their watches made in China (poor quality control) and any problems with the Swiss made/VE brands tend to be because of presenter/guest misuse.

I remember Martin "all four corners of the globe" Cunningham once trying to explain why a watch wasn't working, instead of the truth (probably flat battery) he came out with some ridiculous excuse, as this watch had just arrived from the factory and was for display they/he hadn't had time to put the movement in yet, of course he didn't explain how the hands and dial were in place if there was no movement in the watch to attach them to. ;)

You wonder why he didn’t flag up 28c as an extremely dangerous to have temperature for a human. Any parent in particular should have a basic idea at least of what a normal or worryingly high or low temperature in their child registers as. He clearly had no clue what a normal adult temperature should be. And if he did, he wasn’t sharing the fact with the viewers. You wonder at the prep or lack of it for products by the presenters in general on this channel.

If he did then that would show he hadn't a clue how to use the thermometer, which he was claiming was a doddle to use.;)

Although he went on about his kid, maybe it was his wife that did all the temperature taking with his kid, but even then you'd still expect him to have a rough idea as to what a normal human's temperature should be, it is basic stuff kids are taught in school.

Aparently the dolls house is vintage looking
what vintage does she think I wonder
she said it just before she picked up the flat screen tv

Looked like something someone knocked together in their shed. also didn't look like it would stand up to much roughness from kids.

Mike said something about it not being fully assembled when delivered but didn't go any further as to what or how much assembly is required.

Looked like something someone knocked together in their shed. also didn't look like it would stand up to much roughness from kids.

Mike said something about it not being fully assembled when delivered but didn't go any further as to what or how much assembly is required.
I was flicking on and off IW last night and at one point Peter Simon clearly said ** Doll's Not Included ** but if you read the description given both last night and today it clearly says 12 dolls. Not once have we seen a set of dolls shown with the dolls house or heard any other presenter mention dolls.
Much as it pains me to admit it on this occasion I believe Peter is being truthful and hope anyone who has bought the dolls house hasn’t done so believing they will get 12 dolls.

Not very good feedback for the latest version on Trustpilot either.

One thing about this new presentation of the Ideal World brand strikes me more than any other. And that is a very stark either intended or oblivious tactic of ‘we can tell them whatever we like’ that I have witnessed enough times to know there must be a general lack of respect culture for their viewers and their potential and actual buyers. Five key points stand out for me on this:-

1) Ridiculous and inaccurate price comparisons that they qualify when they make them by saying they aren’t price comparisons..THEY ARE!

2) No explanation of the strict returns policy criteria when encouraging customers to buy knowing they can try and return.. I am yet to hear a present to explain this on air. Whereas with the previous version, in fairness, it was explained on a regular basis in full.

3) Products not researched prepped or demonstrated to the right standards. Numerous examples of customers being misled as a result - the stated insurance reductions when you buy a cheap dash cam for example.. Presenters, looking like they have been introduced to the product live in the studio at times.

4) Never-ending stock returns. Again, on frequent occasions viewers are told this is the last of the stock before Christmas as presumably as an incentive to get them to buy. A day or two later the same things reappear with a similar message..

5) The cane.. Ask disabled people about how they feel over the way that product is sold when brought to air…With presenters suddenly becoming stooping and shambling gated when they demonstrate it…

You could possibly forgive them IF
they admitted there was a mistake in the discription
but no effort has been taken to correct the error even though Peter clearly spotted it Last night so they must be aware
Truth = The doll’s house is suitable for 12inch dolls

Mistyped description = includes 12 dolls
So why haven’t they, either the presenters or the production crew, made any effort to make sure that whenever the house is on air its explained that it does not come with 12 Dolls or to correct the false website description.

Because it is low rent and slapdash usually accompanies low rent.
I wonder how long the Ideal World presnters like Genevieve Ni Reamoinn and Joanne Vandermerwe-Mahon who claim to be more honest and should know better will last in this new incarnation of the channel. I get the impression they and even Mike Mason are pushing for something to demonstrate in the kitchen (perhaps why they brought his mate the 'chef' in and have something more professional to work with other than looking like they are having products chucked at them, just before they go to air.

Latest posts

Back