Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh look, the exact green audace mike just had on for 450 after I quickly googled a code.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 21.08.13.png

Oh look, the exact green audace mike just had on for 450 after I quickly googled a code.

View attachment 29800
I've heard of giving a 15% discount to encourage sluggish sales but this is ridiculous! That's one heck of a discount code. Anyone would think the original price is a con. Not me obviously, I believe everything they say. Just off for a lie down in my padded cell🥴

I've heard of giving a 15% discount to encourage sluggish sales but this is ridiculous! That's one heck of a discount code. Anyone would think the original price is a con. Not me obviously, I believe everything they say. Just off for a lie down in my padded cell🥴

There's been some proper duff "explanations" given by Ideal World as to why they can sell such esteemed, exquisite, in-demand, very rare horological timepieces of infinite luxury at cut-down, world launch, first in the UK to see this, okay, right, clearance prices:
  • They don't spend on marketing or celebrity endorsements so they can pass the 'saving' on
  • Low price to reward Ideal World watch collector's loyalty
  • New brand they're selling below cost to make us 'brand ambassadors' who spread the word
  • Recently found stock of a discontinued (yet apparently highly-sought after) model
  • Stock meant for BASEL WORLD sold off cheap on IW due to the pandemic
  • The buying power/brand recognition of Ideal World means brands give them good deals
All stretch credulity.

…Unless you're Muriel or that guy who text in to say he'd sold his Rolex collection to buy IW watches.

The real reason IW watches are(n't) so cheap:
  • Made in China/Far East
  • Low cost, low quality parts
  • Generic designs any brand can slap their logo on
Pick a defunct British brand, put it on some cheap imported watches, shove it in a cardboard box, stick a Union Jack on it, toss in a tacky biro or tin cufflinks "worth £70 any day of the week", and …Well, you're probably a member of the Fields family 😋.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back