Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mann Egerton watches? Is this a joke? I used to get my Renault 21 serviced at the Northampton branch in the late 1980s. I do recall though, even there was a girl serving there already, another girl from the service department always used to come out from round the back smiling at me, every time I went in. I was too shy to find out why. Maybe it was my comedy limp..limp what… Anyway, as far as I was aware, they went bust not long afterwards? Why on earth would they want to resurrect a defunct and pretty bog standard car dealership name for more cheap and nasty watches from presumably China? The ‘expert’ looks like he was picked up from the local bus shelter to get out of the rain for an hour. Cue the Christmas cracker complimentary pen no doubt.

Mann Egerton watches? Is this a joke? I used to get my Renault 21 serviced at the Northampton branch in the late 1980s. I do recall though, even there was a girl serving there already, another girl from the service department always used to come out from round the back smiling at me, every time I went in. I was too shy to find out why. Maybe it was my comedy limp..limp what… Anyway, as far as I was aware, they went bust not long afterwards? Why on earth would they want to resurrect a defunct and pretty bog standard car dealership name for more cheap and nasty watches from presumably China? The ‘expert’ looks like he was picked up from the local bus shelter to get out of the rain for an hour. Cue the Christmas cracker complimentary pen no doubt.
Usual Fields tripe..

They look so tacky. It’s akin to the Emperor’s New Clothes listening to this bigging them up bullshit. No mention, of course, that there is absolutely no connection whatsoever to the original company. I mean..why would they? They can come out with any old rubbish unchecked and unpunished.

They look so tacky. It’s akin to the Emperor’s New Clothes listening to this bigging them up bullshit. No mention, of course, that there is absolutely no connection whatsoever to the original company. I mean..why would they? They can come out with any old rubbish unchecked and unpunished.
Basically the same models they flog as Gamages and Swan & Edgar with a different name and supposed history and heritage attached....

Many presenters on shopping television are intensely annoying, but retain an awfulness factor that actually makes them watchable still. On the other hand, faux James Corden is so intensely annoying in the extreme to the extent where he is completely unwatchable. In 20 plus years of laughing at shopping television, never have I seen a presenter so full of themselves without displaying any accessible reason as to why he feels that way. He takes away any enjoyment from me watching something that usually is fun to view in the very worst way. Just appalling.

I agree about Craig he is full of himself, that Pie show yesterday especially, it times it felt uncomfortable, it began when Lynn the guest, gave him a Real Pie Company pinny she bought down with her for him, it felt like he was trying to get some freebies, he was bordlerline Creepy, he asked her if she was married, she said recently, he said would he be watching, and she said he was out fishing, he said ooh good for that

He is nearly as bad as Peter in ways,

I agree about Craig he is full of himself, that Pie show yesterday especially, it times it felt uncomfortable, it began when Lynn the guest, gave him a Real Pie Company pinny she bought down with her for him, it felt like he was trying to get some freebies, he was bordlerline Creepy, he asked her if she was married, she said recently, he said would he be watching, and she said he was out fishing, he said ooh good for that

He is nearly as bad as Peter in ways,
He makes seem Simon Peters sweet and tolerable.

He makes seem Simon Peters sweet and tolerable.
Amazingly never thought I would have this view also, its like Old Pedro Simone has been about with his act for so long we know the game with him and he knows the game with us but this new shopping TV diva is only starting out and in relative terms cant see him lasting anywhere as long as old Pedto has!

I need a lie down after saying that.....o_O

I never like to witness arrogance in a human being and I see that in him. Even Mason, with his belief in himself, is still amusing, but this guy is pushy and goes too far with the people he's working with from what I've seen. Obviously they're on camera and have to laugh it off, but I find his behavior intrusive and off putting in the extreme. Now, some people might like his style, but for the life of me I can't work out other than him, who that would be?

It's certainly a weird choice for a watch brand that a good number of people aged 40+ (myself included) would associate with car dealerships regardless of the company's past engineering exploits, and in turn subconsciously correlate those watches with the tacky gifts they would often give away with car purchases, especially when another chunk of that same demographic would be more likely to impulse buy a tacky watch from a TV shopping channel. Obviously there couldn't have been a Mann Egerton dealer anywhere near where the Fields family lived otherwise that idea would have been binned off before reaching production, plus it's also interesting that Mann Egerton watches now seem to be confined to late evening slots possibly because they hadn't sold as well as the others. D-, must try harder.

Van der Valk is now sitting with Corden. An expert in rattan furniture is some responsibility to bear. I assume it’s taken him many years to reach that pillar of responsibility in the shopping community? That with all his other ‘expertships’ at the channel. Incredible. Thank God..Chef Joe has arrived with a crème egg custard pie to shove in Corden’s smug mug.
If he can be an expert in rattan furniture then I'm am expert in Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Prosecco (not necessarily in that order🤣)

The Channel is 23 years old next Monday, haven’t heard if they are going to celebrate or not

Even though Create and Craft have different owners now, they are celebrating 20 years from Friday, by going Retro

The Channel is 23 years old next Monday, haven’t heard if they are going to celebrate or not

Even though Create and Craft have different owners now, they are celebrating 20 years from Friday, by going Retro
And so many names from that disastrous opening night have disappeared, seemingly without trace now…
Paul Price.. Douglas Somebody OrOther, Victoria Rainfall..Karen Witchalls..Some woman with a double-barrelled name..Bill The Drill…Others still working in shopping television.. That Chloe woman (the tall posh one) - Lavers’s sidekick…Ellis Ward..Skinflint…Somebody called Lyndsay, was it? And of course, Ryan…Still there today. I think Parker was working there also, but didn’t appear? One name gone to that great tanning lounge in the sky is Steve Whatley. Dead in his 40s. Suicide I think it was reported as. Very sad.

Latest posts

Back