Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The large heated air dryer is back

Ok they are really running out of time to flog these this year is the price any cheaper

Nope same price as 6 weeks ago when you could sell them

The pricing is very good on Ideal though, TJC sell from the same gardening base now (they cut out Peter McDermotts face in the promo shots just his hands :) and I would say on average they are 15/20% more expensive overall for the same or very similar products

TJC runs on small margins but Ideal has the big headstart on the gardening but they can't be making a lot per order at the prices

The large heated air dryer is back

Ok they are really running out of time to flog these this year is the price any cheaper

Nope same price as 6 weeks ago when you could sell them

The pricing is very good on Ideal though, TJC sell from the same gardening base now (they cut out Peter McDermotts face in the promo shots just his hands :) and I would say on average they are 15/20% more expensive overall for the same or very similar products

TJC runs on small margins but Ideal has the big headstart on the gardening but they can't be making a lot per order at the pricesRe
Regarding the air dryers don’t forget, you shouldn’t EVER put your washing out, as the birds will crap all over it

Kevski gushing about the Landeron movement, the reputation they have etc in Switzerland blah blah.

Yeah Kev they have reputation alright, being as It's Depa Movements, which are famous for importing Chinese ebouche movements, rebuilding them and changing a few parts to qualify them as a Swiss Made Movement. Probably why the Landeron DP20 movement has the same specs and has a lot of visual similarities with the Chinese PTS 7500 movement. Depa do Premium and Economy movements, and given the movement is using a economy Novodiac shock absorber, instead of the standard double cone incabloc, then it looks like that Landeron would be from their economy range. ;)

PS

Just to say the original Landeron did have an excellent reputation.

They shouldn't do close ups, it only highlights the poor rough finishing on the parts of the movement.

Now Kev goes on about the power reserve, it's the highest (means longest) power reserve he's ever come across, 80 hours. Of course just because Kev hasn't come across something doesn't actually mean much as he seems pretty ignorant of the watch industry outwith the few select brands he deals with, and he's pretty ignorant about them too. ;)

Well Kev, i've a Baume & Mercier with a true in house Swiss movement, and it has a 120 hour power reserve.

You know me, I tell it like it is me.....Kevski & Peter look rather flushed tonight! are they selling watches at a fast rate or are they not selling any watches? Anyway just get this on the household insurance!

I think Peter should be a top politician....he says loads but it all means nothing in the end!

But dont forget I tell it like it is me.....

I suppose when there is no effective governing body control, no penalties other than lip service from above, it is very tempting just to say whatever you like, whenever you like. Clearly, the body put in charge of ensuring people aren’t misinformed at best and lied to at worst when coming to buying decisions or not for goods on TV is not fit for purpose. People like Peter Simon and his hysterical selling techniques littered with inaccuracies are just the symptom of the failures from above.

I made an ASA complaint (I had sworn I wouldn’t do one again) weeks ago now, after seeing a cleaning demo littered with untruths. The result? Nothing other than the initial email acknowledgment. No way of tracking the progress of an issue you raise. No satisfactory methods of follow up whatsoever. They just get back to you if they feel like it or they won’t if they don’t.

I suppose when there is no effective governing body control, no penalties other than lip service from above, it is very tempting just to say whatever you like, whenever you like. Clearly, the body put in charge of ensuring people aren’t misinformed at best and lied to at worst when coming to buying decisions or not for goods on TV is not fit for purpose. People like Peter Simon and his hysterical selling techniques littered with inaccuracies are just the symptom of the failures from above.

I made an ASA complaint (I had sworn I wouldn’t do one again) weeks ago now, after seeing a cleaning demo littered with untruths. The result? Nothing other than the initial email acknowledgment. No way of tracking the progress of an issue you raise. No satisfactory methods of follow up whatsoever. They just get back to you if they feel like it or they won’t if they don’t.
And that is the issue

They wear you down through there just a complete lack of interest.

They are supposed to be the governing body part of that is protecting the consumer ANY complaint of the nature people on this forum have sent in which must be totaling hundreds by this stage should be taken seriously.

I get the impression it is a very lovely safe cushy gig.

And that is the issue

They wear you down through there just a complete lack of interest.

They are supposed to be the governing body part of that is protecting the consumer ANY complaint of the nature people on this forum have sent in which must be totaling hundreds by this stage should be taken seriously.

I get the impression it is a very lovely safe cushy gig.

I think that is where the problem is, both OFCOM and ASA are Independent regulators but there are differences, OFCOM was created by the Government to run as an independent regulator and has a "statutory duty to represent the interests of citizens and consumers" and has been given powers to enforce those duties, ASA on the other hand has no 'statutory duties', it was created by the advertising industries itself to self regulate itself with the goal of having responsible advertising, which should in theory protect consumers, but as they've no statutory powers etc then their method of enforcing their code of practice is more about nicely persuading offenders to behave rather than punishing them for breaching their codes. So while ASA might agree with complaints, the only punishment to transgressors seems to be, that ad contravenes the code, don't show that ad again and behave in future or we'll leave your name on our web site as a non-compliant advertiser. Pretty sure that'll have the liars at IW shaking in their boots. ;) :ROFLMAO:

You know me, I tell it like it is me.....Kevski & Peter look rather flushed tonight! are they selling watches at a fast rate or are they not selling any watches? Anyway just get this on the household insurance!

I think Peter should be a top politician....he says loads but it all means nothing in the end!

But dont forget I tell it like it is me.....

It's hard to tell how sales are at the moment, Kevin's watchbase UK should be submitting accounts soon but that will only cover accounts till the end of march 2022 (like a year behind) and IW latest accounts aren't due till late in the year, so it would be guesswork at the moment, but there does seem to be a theme of very low pricing at the moment, which you usually associate with companies accepting lower profit margins to increase cash flow rather than trying to increase profit.

On Kevski, i'm wondering if he's nearing the end of his career and an end for his company watchbase, with his son's business, Just4watches, taking over from watchbase in the next few years. At the moment you've two companies running from the same premises, selling exactly same brands & watches.

It's hard to tell how sales are at the moment, Kevin's watchbase UK should be submitting accounts soon but that will only cover accounts till the end of march 2022 (like a year behind) and IW latest accounts aren't due till late in the year, so it would be guesswork at the moment, but there does seem to be a theme of very low pricing at the moment, which you usually associate with companies accepting lower profit margins to increase cash flow rather than trying to increase profit.

On Kevski, i'm wondering if he's nearing the end of his career and an end for his company watchbase, with his son's business, Just4watches, taking over from watchbase in the next few years. At the moment you've two companies running from the same premises, selling exactly same brands & watches.
Based on what little I've seen recently Kevski definitely sounds a bit more flustered and joining in with the high-pressure sales techniques used by other IW presenters which he tended to shy away from; it's as if he's scared of being shafted for a second time after being burnt by Ideal World's previous incarnation (I hope he has a good pension plan lined up). Also the pricing definitely seems fluid; a few days back they accidentally put up a low price (something like £260?) for what I think was an Vostok Almaz watch which was later corrected on-screen but more recently they were selling what could have been the same watch at a similar lower price.

Strange moment (well in my mind) Creepy and Peter Vollyball are on with Roofix.

Creepy goes to the customer 5 star reviews, Both reviews, from different buyers said "Its easy to administer" I can honestly say I have never heard that quote being used on any shopping TV channels, to hear said quote from two back to back reviews sounds odd to me 🤔
It’s true. Something very odd happened with their TrustPilot reviews about 18 months ago. Suddenly, after years constantly rating as ‘poor’, lots (and lots) of 5* reviews appeared. It seems TrustPilot now allows you to to approach customers for reviews- I wonder exactly what auditing is done there (I guess not much),

It was the way he kept saying prestigious Swiss brands use this movement, and it's a trade secret that quite a few Swiss brands use Seiko movements i found hilarious, the guy has either mince for brains or he is a devious shyster, actually he's probably both judging by his performances.:ROFLMAO:

Oh and one thing that is really annoying me now is the amount of times different dumb watch "experts" (a few of them use the term) and presenters are constantly saying Seiko Industries when referring to the movement manufacturer. Seiko Industries are a sewing machine manufacturer in India and despite using the name Seiko have absolutely no connection with the Japanese Seiko Group.
I think I’ve found their latest watch…

Attachments

• 714D0A10-D5AF-46E9-BE5A-84141ACB635D.jpeg
    714D0A10-D5AF-46E9-BE5A-84141ACB635D.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back