Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Based on what little I've seen recently Kevski definitely sounds a bit more flustered and joining in with the high-pressure sales techniques used by other IW presenters which he tended to shy away from; it's as if he's scared of being shafted for a second time after being burnt by Ideal World's previous incarnation (I hope he has a good pension plan lined up). Also the pricing definitely seems fluid; a few days back they accidentally put up a low price (something like £260?) for what I think was an Vostok Almaz watch which was later corrected on-screen but more recently they were selling what could have been the same watch at a similar lower price.

Yeah he's definitely changed, while he's still one of the best for details of the watches, he really has descended into telling quite a few fairy tales regarding watches & movements, as you say he has joined in with the high pressure sales patter, he also seems to have a sullen look a lot during his shows.

I saw that mistake, can't remember the exact Almaz version, but it always amuses me the surprised and shocked face he puts on when low prices appear on screen, as if it's costing him money. Its just a farce when he does it, as he'll have already agreed a deal with IW for what they are paying him for the watches he's selling to IW, and If IW are then selling those watches for less than he was anticipating it won't matter as he'll still be paid what was agreed to before the shows, the only folks making less money will be IW.

'Celebrate' the Falklands War's 40th anniversary A YEAR TOO LATE with this poppy-festooned watch obviously aimed at people who shout at the TV if the newsreader isn't wearing at least three poppies. £10 charity donation supposedly made for each watch sold, which is hardly generous given the watch's price, and obviously you're better off buying something (anything) else and making a separate charitable donation. Though at least it provides some relief from the parade of RGMT landfill with ridiculous RRP values and equally ridiculous depth claims. Bragging rights, so says arch maker-upper Jonathan.

vlcsnap-2023-04-10-19h51m18s203.png

'Celebrate' the Falklands War's 40th anniversary A YEAR TOO LATE with this poppy-festooned watch obviously aimed at people who shout at the TV if the newsreader isn't wearing at least three poppies. £10 charity donation supposedly made for each watch sold, which is hardly generous given the watch's price, and obviously you're better off buying something (anything) else and making a separate charitable donation. Though at least it provides some relief from the parade of RGMT landfill with ridiculous RRP values and equally ridiculous depth claims. Bragging rights, so says arch maker-upper Jonathan.
Yeah it's kinda funny that you have a Chinese watch company making a charitable donation for veterans of a war which at the time China was against voted in favour with Argentina at the UN in 1982.

And as for £10, which will equate to £15,000 if they sell them all, given they've trouble selling out smaller limited edition then I think it will be a while before RBL see the money. Speaking of donating money, although we make fun and critisise Kevski on VE shows, although this has nothing to do with him, Vostok Europe have produced a second watch with all the proceeds from the sale going to Ukraine (for medical equipment in hospitals), first watch 200 sold at €300 euros raised €60,000, and the second watch 200 sold at €350 has raised €70,000.

I don’t think those two could be remotely described as chefs in the true sense of the term. Blokes who turn up and cook relentless calzones and crème egg casseroles is probably more fitting. At least the other fellow is or was an actual restaurateur with large box fulls of pamphlets still to sell.

I don’t think those two could be remotely described as chefs in the true sense of the term. Blokes who turn up and cook relentless calzones and crème egg casseroles is probably more fitting. At least the other fellow is or was an actual restaurateur with large box fulls of pamphlets still to sell.
HOW DARE YOU

Call Joe Remblance and Jack Williams just blokes who come on the show and Cook the same stuff everytime, Its there masterpieces of Excellence, Joes only job is being a chef, I believe it’s his twin brother who appears on Craft, even though they look identical in everyway

Van der Valk is now sitting with Corden. An expert in rattan furniture is some responsibility to bear. I assume it’s taken him many years to reach that pillar of responsibility in the shopping community? That with all his other ‘expertships’ at the channel. Incredible. Thank God..Chef Joe has arrived with a crème egg custard pie to shove in Corden’s smug mug.

£20 Umbro trainers for sale, they are what they are £20 trainers and if thats what folk want to buy or can only afford to spend £20 on trainers (or anything for that matter) fair enough I have no issue with that and totally understand that.....But!!!

Why does every presenter over sell every item every time? making out a £20 pair of trainers is the new wheel and should be selling for £2000!!!

Thats why I would never buy from shopping TV, just sell an item for what it is and then they will sound more plausible, I'll have more time for them just doing a job, but example being Sean is selling a £7.50 Bench Tshirt he is rabbiting on about how Bench is a Manchester based company established on the 80s.......Yeah i'm sure said tshirt just like nearly every other tshirt IW sell was made by some poor soul in a far flung sweatshop!!

Latest posts

Back