Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What bag has anyone ever got that "matured with age"? 🧓👵
I love it when presenters of both genders dramatically and slowly say the words "real, genuine leather"🤣. Like it's more valuable that gold! And as we apparently all know "leather looks better with age". Mine don't despite me looking after them, keeping them clean and using dust bags.

Yes, I doubt that Gladys and Maureen (their elderly target audience) will be staying in any 7 star Dubai hotels any time soon.
having said that my parents are in their 70s and have been to Dubai several times. I've never been. My mum wouldn't be seen dead with any of their tat and she shops in Primark and M&S

Although, it's a nice compact heater that will do what's needed, heating your room. On full power, it uses 2000 watts per hour, so it will cost double your hourly unit rate (KW) to run. Your central heating can be run at a lower cost.
where I live the electric is currently cheaper than gas, but (for Peter) to claim this should be used instead of central heating just doesn't add up. Each to their own. My house isn't that big I don't have to have heating on for long. Peter said central heating was 'archaic'. And just heat the room you're in. I stayed in a castle a few years ago and it was built in the 1600s. No central heating but a fireplace in every room. That's archaic. If you manage things well you can use these heaters for a bit of extra heat or as mentioned in office or shed etc. but he is trying to say use it instead of central heating, which means things don't get dried out. Not a good idea long-term.

This has taken a turn, he is now talking about his stand up days when he done tours of uni's to put on a show for the student's!!
That's what happened to Frankie Howerd at the end of his career. So, not content with trying to emulate Larry Grayson and nicking Brucie's catchphrase, suddenly PS is doing a 'direct comparison' with Frankie Howerd.

I saw a programme on C5 recently about Frankie Howerd, they showed clips from his initial uni gig with the Oxford Union, he went down a storm. He made a comment about not being an intellectual and they roared with laughter. He pretended to be affronted and replied "so that's why I feel so at home here!" Which elicited further raucous laughter. They loved him!

I'd love some details of Peter Simon's (alleged) uni gigs. Not that I'm suggesting they didn't take place of course...🤔

where I live the electric is currently cheaper than gas, but (for Peter) to claim this should be used instead of central heating just doesn't add up. Each to their own. My house isn't that big I don't have to have heating on for long. Peter said central heating was 'archaic'. And just heat the room you're in. I stayed in a castle a few years ago and it was built in the 1600s. No central heating but a fireplace in every room. That's archaic. If you manage things well you can use these heaters for a bit of extra heat or as mentioned in office or shed etc. but he is trying to say use it instead of central heating, which means things don't get dried out. Not a good idea long-term.
I don't heat the whole house if I don't want to. The only heater that automatically turns on when the heating kicks in is one (of 2) in the living room. The others are all controlled individually, I can turn them down to zero to turn them off.

Latest posts

Back