Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Starts recounting a story about how "Bob Monkhouse took me under his wing…" and you think this story might be going somewhere and —BAM! he starts shouting "RIGHT LISTEN IF YOU WANT HASH 3 YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IT NOW!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IT NOW!!"

Then starts shouting about "you're getting 2 for the price of 1 - and I really do mean that" despite the fact you're not getting 2 for the price of 1, you're getting 1 for the price of …something better quality than what you're actually buying…

Starts recounting a story about how "Bob Monkhouse took me under his wing…" and you think this story might be going somewhere and —BAM! he starts shouting "RIGHT LISTEN IF YOU WANT HASH 3 YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IT NOW!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO DO IT NOW!!"

Then starts shouting about "you're getting 2 for the price of 1 - and I really do mean that" despite the fact you're not getting 2 for the price of 1, you're getting 1 for the price of …something better quality than what you're actually buying…
He rarely finishes a sentence. Gets 3 quarters through then starts another sentence he won't finish.

If I had the kind of money in the bank to casually spend hundreds of pounds on bags, I am pretty sure that I would want ones by a big name or three.

Otherwise, what's the point? You're wanting to show off that you can afford the ****** things. You may as well buy a faux leather one for £30.00

If I had the kind of money in the bank to casually spend hundreds of pounds on bags, I am pretty sure that I would want ones by a big name or three.

Otherwise, what's the point? You're wanting to show off that you can afford the ****** things. You may as well buy a faux leather one for £30.00
This is a great point. Rightly or wrongly, brand name is often important to purchasers for a variety of reasons. Hence why IW used to like saying they were the home of big brands.

Mutley he is funny though for the wrong reasons
Watching him is like watching two men share one parachute. You know it’s going to end badly, and you hate yourself for watching, but it’s incredibly compelling. Just taking bets on whether - and how he’ll ever finish a sentence is fun!
😂😂

They should be marketing these as cheap ones that may look good that you can take on holiday or on a night out and you don't mind if something happens to them, than trying to say you will be buying the same quality as the designer ones. Otherwise just get the copies down the market

The trouble is Peter Simon never fin…He starts one thing then….I think somebody texte….When challenged on it he ack….By his complete lack o…..I think he genuinely couldn’t give a jot what….

Last edited by a moderator:
They should be marketing these as cheap ones that may look good that you can take on holiday or on a night out and you don't mind if something happens to them, than trying to say you will be buying the same quality as the designer ones. Otherwise just get the copies down the market
Totally agree. You can easily market bags as cheap and cheerful - great value, won't break the bank, nice design, looks great etc etc. You don't need to compare them to Michael Kors, people will still buy them.

I agree. I don’t know if this is a tactic carries over directly from TJC? I haven’t watched that channel enough to know. But I don’t remember on previous versions of Ideal World, other than with watches at times, this very questionable strategy of directly and specifically comparing some low rent item to something visually similar, but in some cases costing thousands more? Of course, then they directly withdraw the comparison. But the seed is now sown in the gullible’s minds that this £50 handbag (for example) is more or less identical to a £5000 one. Whilst Simon is relatively compulsive viewing in the hope he’ll implode on air, the general tone and selling culture which must be being imposed by the new owners is one I am not at all comfortable with.

I was watching those handbags last night, personally I wouldn’t know if they were designer or not, but they seemed to come in some fancy box, And if a young presenter says, she likes it people will buy it

It seems they can’t afford models late at night, as she was selling fashion, and had to keep going off to change into whatever she was selling

Latest posts

Back