Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not 100% certain the quality of products will improve dramatically in the new studio. I imagine we'll get a few familiar brands peppered in (like eLife bikes recently) but …all this jumble sale fodder will remain, it'll just have more room to look cheap in.

TJC's business model - which works - is to sells really cheap stuff at cheap-ish prices, cheap stuff at okay prices, and occasionally ofer something decent at a decent price.

Admittedly TJC-IW does seem to be selling all the really cheap stuff at not-so-cheap prices (same items are usually on the TJC website for less) but presumably it's working. We're a few weeks in since the launch and nothing has changed (bar the wobbly table being thrown in the skip). If sales were slow/bad overall it'd be more a bit obvious (RIP Shop Extra) on screen.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% certain the quality of products will improve dramatically in the new studio. I imagine we'll get a few familiar brands peppered in (like eLife bikes recently) but …all this jumble sale fodder will remain, it'll just have more room to look cheap in.

TJC's business model - which works - is to sells really cheap stuff at cheap-ish prices, cheap stuff at okay prices, and occasionally ofer something decent at a decent price.

Admittedly TJC-IW does seem to be selling all the really cheap stuff at not-so-cheap prices (same items are usually on the TJC website for less) but presumably it's working. We're a few weeks in since the launch and nothing has changed (bar the wobbly table being thrown in the skip). If sales were slow/bad overall it'd be more a bit obvious (RIP Shop Extra) on screen.
Yeah I was wondering if it might be a line in the sand, a reset of sorts from tat to half decent stuff. However as you say, if their model is to pile 'em high and sell 'em (not so) cheap, then perhaps we won't see any dramatic change product wise.

Latest posts

Back