Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get that, Hammy and I always respect what you say, I might add. I called him an excellent shopping television presenter at heart and I stick with that view. What I didn’t elaborate on is what my view of an excellent shopping television presenter actually is. That is, somebody who is a great talker and through that, gets sales in number. The methods they employ to get those sales is another matter entirely, and whether negative or positive in its sincerity, and accuracy of product description, is a separate issue, and very much at the core of how their employer shopping television channels want their business done. Thus, I think the presenter and how they operate is more reflective negatively or positively on their particular employer, and not on the person concerned. All of these presenters big-up the quality of what they are selling at times. But some are not very good at doing that, or the job overall. Mason is a great communicator. What he is communicating is another matter.

Yeah i get what you're saying, he may get a lot of sales etc, i also agree to a small degree he has the gift of the gab, and may be okay at communicating to the brain dead, but here is where we differ because what he communicates is important and not another matter, it is the most crucial part of a salesman's job (moral / ethical salesperson that is), as if what he comunicates isn't factual correct or is misleading or down right made up bullshit, then that doesn't make him a good salesperson or excellent shopping telly presenter, no matter how much sales he get, that just makes him a good conman/shyster that should be nowhere near a shopping channel or in any form of retail. :)

Absolutely desperate. Would you come out and help to a screeching walking stick? People can get murdered in a public place in front of a crowd and the first inclination is to press record on a phone and just watch.

Absolutely desperate. Would you come out and help to a screeching walking stick? People can get murdered in a public place in front of a crowd and the first inclination is to press record on a phone and just watch.
Think ud be more likely somebody pick it up, and hit you with it

Here's the point. Whether it's IW mk1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, whether it's shot in a cupboard or major studio soundstage, it all makes ZERO DIFFERENCE if these presenters and these products are retained. Most of the presenters need put out to pasture, many of the products need binned. So call the channel what you like, shoot it where you like, have it on whatever channel you like ... a dud is a dud is a dud.

The 'new' IW is a dud.

Just browsing the website and found something every house needs - - -

Sewage Separator​

Complete with a gobbledegook description (copied and pasted) ---

"... with a stainless steel handle to let you can every area of the house with ease"

I've not really looked at this website and channel before, neither have I seen before an electric food mixer which is dishwasher safe!

Screenshot (2240).png

Latest posts

Back