Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I am not the most PC individual in the world, but I think somebody should remind Mike Mason that when he is going through his list of reasons to buy a gentleman's watch, just occasionally a partner or spouse buying it isn't always female.. And "Girls - ...get this for you fellas," could be said as (using his particular vernacular) "Geezers - get this for your geezers.." The very thought of it....

I've seen better and more varied at Milton Keynes Hospital's car boot sale in the early 1990s. The tech was more up to date, too. And the listed technology hour from earlier this morning featured dresses doubling up as garden waste bags and no technology whatsoever. They can't even get the programe guide right.

I hadnt come across Lindsey until this version of IW come along, but she has often done the 6am to 10am shift which seems to be the main Beauty shows, she knows her products

Seeminly a regular on TJC beauty channel, which is the channel that has been renamed to IW so makes sense for her to keep doing the same job as she did before but with a variety of other products.

I can't see the fab 4 at Shop Extra slagging off the old IW management would have any bearing on whether TJC wanted them or not, while the new channel is called IW it has sod all to do with the old channel, ie different company and management etc. Personally think it's more to do with whether they would fit into TJC style of presenting or not and by the looks of it, obviously not.

I can't see the fab 4 at Shop Extra slagging off the old IW management would have any bearing on whether TJC wanted them or not, while the new channel is called IW it has sod all to do with the old channel, ie different company and management etc. Personally think it's more to do with whether they would fit into TJC style of presenting or not and by the looks of it, obviously not.
I think you are right, Hammy. I don't really see any of them fitting in with the remit of the returned channel. I do think more generally, though, former employees griping publicly about a former employer don't make themselves particularly attractive propositions to take on for any potential new one. I think they probably felt they'd stuck two fingers up metaphorically speaking by getting back into similar work so quickly. But like the others who kept their quarter - revenge is a dish best served cold..Just like the food out of the Ideal World air fryer...

@Hammy60 All,
Just a heads-up, TkMaxx (thanks for the tip previously guys) are selling Traser Swiss Made quartz Ronda chronos for £160-£229. Bargain? Far cheaper than the Traser's Kev/IW2 used to?

And TJC have/had Jowissa Swiss Made quartz Ronda for £89 (or less with discount codes/days).

Which is pretty reasonable, I think.

TK Maxx seem to be able to pick up stock at really good prices/big discounts from distributors of watches that are either not selling (too many in the market) or have come to or near the end of their production, ie models that are no longer made. You can sometimes get a really good Swiss watch from brands like Tissot or Hamilton and the odd Rado on TKMaxx where a watch has been discontinued but they managed to pick some up from a supplier who is wanting rid of stock.

That Jowissa is okay if folks just after an affordable everyday watch, but as a collector it ain't something i would be adding to my collection or advising anybody else too, but everybody is different and has differing likes. While it may be Swiss Made, i would want to know what movement is in it first, Ronda may make some really good movements, but they also have bog standrad range as well, as an example just, but retail rather than wholesale which Joswiss would be buying at even cheaper price, you can pick up a Ronda 505 for under £10 where as a Ronda 1009 would set you back £40-£50, both are 3 hand, date at 3 o clock, but 505 has only 1 jewel and the 1009 has 10 jewels. Somebody just wanting an everyday watch won't be bothered with that details but if collecting you will be.

I always go for brands that tell you what's in the watch, when you have to investigate then that puts me off. Although having said that Jowissa are a member of the "Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH" and they do specify what movement is in their Automatic watches.

I think you are right, Hammy. I don't really see any of them fitting in with the remit of the returned channel. I do think more generally, though, former employees griping publicly about a former employer don't make themselves particularly attractive propositions to take on for any potential new one. I think they probably felt they'd stuck two fingers up metaphorically speaking by getting back into similar work so quickly. But like the others who kept their quarter - revenge is a dish best served cold..Just like the food out of the Ideal World air fryer...

Yeah you could be right and new employer could see it that way.

But i also look at it that they were slagging off a former competitor of TJC which i would have thought might gain them a brownie point or two. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back