Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMG_1942.jpeg

But is was vastly overpriced, and I fell for it :(
Never understood the premium price of Bamix hand blenders. Apparently they are used in professional kitchens, have quality brushless electric motors and are guaranteed for a long time, but I still could never see the value of a hand-held home mixer/blender whisk at £120+. Just doesn't compute. When something very similar that does the job at home (and tbh, a stick blender for mixing soups and making mayonnaise and emulsions is fairly limited use, compared to a normal blender) can be bought from Argos/online for £10+, it never appealed to me.

Maybe because it's Swiss-made they think you'll pay the premium just like a Swiss Made watch?

There is Quality. At all levels. And there is Value. When they intersect, that's when to consider a purchase, if an item is required.

P.S. .... Stuff. Tat. Goods. Online. Manufacturing. Imports. China. Bulging supermarket/shop aisles. Packaging. Plastic. Cargo. Shipping. Lorries. Containers.

Does anyone lie awake at night in the small hours, thinking about the unthinkably vast quantities of products, useful or otherwise, being made from resources, natural or man-made, being stored and sold in all the multitude of shops, warehouses, online sources around the world. It's overwhelming to me. Also wonder if it's unsustainable in terms of plastics, resources, logistics as we move forward.

Or if this is no different to antiques as evidence of the same unimaginable vast quantities of items made through the ages for use by humankind globally.
Do you ever, like me, try and fail to comprehend the vastness of human consumption and our solutions to it over time.

I honestly thought she'd gone years ago, surprised to her back
She had been doing assistant presenter stints on TJC prior to Ideal World, which was the first I'd seen of her for a long time. I've always had a soft spot for her, even if she can talk the hind legs off a donkey!

I've watched probably more of the "new" Ideal World since its relaunch, usually just having it on in the background, than I had the previous incarnation in many years. The main issue to me is the quality of products and the repetitive nature of how often they are being sold.

In regards to the presenters, let's start with the Sit-Up relics. I flat out refuse to watch anything with the ghastly Sally Jaxx, just an awful, untrustworthy woman. Mikey Mason isn't for me with his Cockney barrow-boy geezer routing and then we have Peter Simon. Who in their right mind thought it was advisable to have him selling women's shapewear? A few days back you had some middle aged woman wearing nothing but the shapewear have to stand next to "Dirty" Peter while he's selling it. The mind boggles on so many levels! I'm at a loss, how these three, especially Jaxx and Simon, keep getting employed with shopping channels, are the bigwigs not aware of what happened to the previous companies they worked for?

"Disingenuous" Gen seems a lot more reserved and calmer than I remember, although the phones are always "very, very busy" for every product she's selling.. Yet again she was flogging a foot massager yesterday and didn't demonstrate it or turn it on? Are they not allowed to demonstrate the products then? As that seems one which would absolutely need a demonstration. I like Lindsey, Carys and Rob, in fact the only ones I don't are Peter and Sally. I'm surprised "Pocket Sized" Mark Ryes hasn't turned up yet BTW.

Although you wouldn't need to pay £450 for an equivelant quality Citizen watch, at £450 you're getting into Swiss made Swiss brand territory not Chinese made with a Swiss movement by a pretendy Swiss originating brand.

The RRPs fron Chritophe Duchamp watches are absolutely ridiculous, one of their watches is Swiss Made and is a direct copy of a Roamer watch (because it's made for Duchamp in the same factory) has a RRP of £1850, and the RRP for the Roamer watch it is an exact copy of is £450. That alone tells you all about the ethics of the Duchamp brand.

Mike with his usual bullshit you don't get Swiss automatics for this kind of money, £749. Mike seems to forget the amount of Mathey-Tissot watches (especially the rollys) he sold on the old IW for less than £750.

And still the crap about Duchamp originating in Menrisio.

Turning off the bullshit being spouted is just too much.
@Hammy60 All,
Just a heads-up, TkMaxx (thanks for the tip previously guys) are selling Traser Swiss Made quartz Ronda chronos for £160-£229. Bargain? Far cheaper than the Traser's Kev/IW2 used to?

And TJC have/had Jowissa Swiss Made quartz Ronda for £89 (or less with discount codes/days).

Which is pretty reasonable, I think.

Latest posts

Back