Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also agree that it isn't easy to run a "live" show (well its Ideal so sometimes :) as demonstrated regularly by new or "celebs" who have a go

However, Mason, Becque, and most of the old crew have been doing this for at least 20 years they should be capable of that by now!

I think this my new favourite forum activity hobby now, after I got bored of discussing Asda business and products on their 3rd party run feedback forum, with the faint chance of winning a £50 voucher for contributing!

No prizes here? 😆

I don't think I've had an IW email or txt since signing up for "exclusive offers" not a decent discount code.

One new thing I learned on this forum, if true and not joking here, is PeterV Irishman w/Dutch heritage is in a relationship with the other Irish female presenter with the very Irish name with vowels and apostrophes?! 🤪 Are they married?

Q.: Also he was apparently in an early series episode of New Tricks. Anyone know which one for me to watch his acting? Thanks.

No idea but maybe this should be the new Rattan theme tune

It's alright, it's okay
Doesn't really matter if you're old and gray!
It's alright – I say, it's okay
Listen to what I say

It's alright, doin' fine
Doesn't really matter if the sun don't shine!
We're sellin rattan at the end of the day

It's alright, it's okay
Listen to what I say

It's alright, doin' fine

Lol. Very good. RIP DennisW.

One question I have had is, "Is it actually RATTAN?"

I like the modular set, but not for £599, more like £249...

I thought rattan was natural plant, made from, errrr, rattan fibre from, errrrrr, palm/coconut/rattan, matting, errr, I dunno'.

But I am under the (mis?)- apprehension that this stuff is plastic or artificial woven strips covered in some sort of powdered polycarbonate weatherproof coating or something?

Or is rattan a valid description for anything made with interwoven strips of "anything" ?

Or is it actually real natural rattan with grey weatherproofed coating. Then the price makes more sense. Saw a post from one of you comparing a B&Q one that rotted with this better quality one. So have I got it wrong?!

Laughably for me, AFAIK, despite hundreds of live and pre-records from before and now rebadged Linea, they never explain this? Not that I watch whole hour shows, I dip in/out

???

I think this my new favourite forum activity hobby now, after I got bored of discussing Asda business and products on their 3rd party run feedback forum, with the faint chance of winning a £50 voucher for contributing!

No prizes here? 😆

I don't think I've had an IW email or txt since signing up for "exclusive offers" not a decent discount code.

One new thing I learned on this forum, if true and not joking here, is PeterV Irishman w/Dutch heritage is in a relationship with the other Irish female presenter with the very Irish name with vowels and apostrophes?! 🤪 Are they married?

Q.: Also he was apparently in an early series episode of New Tricks. Anyone know which one for me to watch his acting? Thanks.
Yes they are together, I guess married

Lol. Very good. RIP DennisW.

One question I have had is, "Is it actually RATTAN?"

I like the modular set, but not for £599, more like £249...

I thought rattan was natural plant, made from, errrr, rattan fibre from, errrrrr, palm/coconut/rattan, matting, errr, I dunno'.

But I am under the (mis?)- apprehension that this stuff is plastic or artificial woven strips covered in some sort of powdered polycarbonate weatherproof coating or something?

Or is rattan a valid description for anything made with interwoven strips of "anything" ?

Or is it actually real natural rattan with grey weatherproofed coating. Then the price makes more sense. Saw a post from one of you comparing a B&Q one that rotted with this better quality one. So have I got it wrong?!

Laughably for me, AFAIK, despite hundreds of live and pre-records from before and now rebadged Linea, they never explain this? Not that I watch whole hour shows, I dip in/out

???

It won't be very long before it is back you could always email in and not get a reply :)

Peter van Bertolt Brecht was also in EastEnders briefly. I think playing Dot's brother Cecil in about 1986.

It's alright, it's okay
Listen to what I say

It's alright, doin' fine
Heres my go Harry…..

Its so sh!te, its so grey
Doesnt really matter if its sold as straight
Its so sh!te, but I’ll say its great
Dont listen to what I say

We sell sh!te and im doing fine
Doesnt really matter if the brackets dont align
Its so sh!te, and im ok
Horology tat on at the end of the day

No prizes here? 😆

No, it was definitely the last season he appeared in as he was playing Larry Lambs husband and Larry only appeared in the final season. He was only in it for a maximum of 60 seconds though so he won't be winning a BAFTA for the role. 😂

Well, Mike? Yes, Mike? Mike…You May Well Be Saying, Well, Mike, you really sell things well. You’re a great salesman..What suddenly made you mention that, Michael? Well, Mike…I wouldn’t like to say, Mike….I wonder!!!???

Yer want a watch or a silk tie mate,take look inside this suitcase 🧳 petrol coupons how many yer want,nylons for the lady friend no questions asked,food ration coupons printed them myself yesterday🤣
Private Walker must be a source of inspiration in sales technique for this shower ⌚

You wonder if any of them have ever posted here..

Grant Bradley (Phone & Tech guy) posted a couple posts here a wee while back, but other than that not noticed anyone else unless they've joined in slagging IW anonymously, while there are semi positive posts never really seen any that scream oh we have an IW employee on board. But they have read the posts here from time to time, last time something from here was mentioned on screen was by Rob Locke.

I can't really see an upside if any of them have or did albeit at times it must be tempting for some of them

Nobody is changing opinions based on a forum post if any of them leave the industry then maybe then come on and let off some steam

Yes, I saw that one from him. Years back, I think I upset Whatters over something I posted not very complimentary about him in an early version of this site. Now, whether the two incidents are connected we‘ll obviously never know. But the day after the post, I got an animated message, not from a direct email address.. There was a cartoon coffin and I clicked on it somewhat foolishly…the lid opened and there was my name on the inside with a corpse in there and another animated message saying words to the effect of ‘It’s not very nice to get it back, is it!?? I’ve never forgotten it really. But as I say, I can never be sure it was him or somebody else..Spooked me out, though, I can assure you.

Scary stuff that Duke

Certainly, in recent years I try to refrain from any personal comments about appearance for example on here you never know what any individual may or may not be going through at anytime

Dubious selling practices and /or not being very good at a job are not reasons for personal attacks

I think I was mocking his selling style similar to my Mason comments. One trick pony, me. Clearly, he had an ego, and if it was him, was obviously put out at the ridicule...

Latest posts

Back