Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He now shows us a job everybody needs to do in the home..putting up a shelf…Er…after the boltless shelving clip. You just cannot make it up.

A fairly disastrous shelf demo..Great ad for the boltless shelving..

This is the problem with these pre-records being all over the shop date wise

Hayley is talking in this like she has never heard of the bleeding set

Minutes ago she tells us she has owned it for a while

I actually feel very sorry for him because he was going to get absolutely no help whatsoever from old airhead over there. Perhaps it would be kinder to tell him that there’s only three of us watching. Mason would’ve actually helped him, but no..they stick with a greenhorn. What’s Mason doing next? Shapewear? Nail varnish? No..Fashion…She could have done the men’s fashion and him the DIY. What a joke.

It’s actually very interesting how this is decided – who presents what show and when. It’s only a suspicion, but I would suspect that a senior and ‘star’ presenter like Mason very much chooses what he wants to front shows wise. These men’s fashion shows are probably much better sellers than the DIY ones at this time of the year and of the day - men buying for themselves and women buying for them. They also allow him to play up to the camera, plus boosting his ego for 45 minutes or so. I thought it was quite telling when she said in a rather deflated manner at the end of the DIY show that she doesn’t really know much about the subject. It almost struck you that she was obliged (i.e. TOLD) to do that show, rather than have him (the most suitable of the two) do it.

I would be amazed if that wasn't the case Duke

One of the few obvious benefits the senior presenters get on TJC is they pick and choose what they sell in the 4 hours if they don't like it generally speaking they don't sell it

This kind of makes sense but it also causes issues where it is pretty obvious that if the big guns are not showing it and the newer /lower profile presenters are the product probably isn't much cop

It’s actually very interesting how this is decided – who presents what show and when. It’s only a suspicion, but I would suspect that a senior and ‘star’ presenter like Mason very much chooses what he wants to front shows wise. These men’s fashion shows are a probably much better sellers than the DIY ones at this time of the year and day, and also allow him to play up to the camera, plus boosting his ego for 45 minutes or so. I thought it was quite telling when she said in a rather deflated manner at the end of the DIY show that she doesn’t really know much about the subject. It almost struck you that she was obliged (i.e. TOLD) to do that show, rather than have him (the most suitable of the two) do it.
It’s obvious Mike and Peter get the hours they want, Mike with fashion, Peter with the watches, Hayley would be seen as a junior presenter I guess

And I went back and watched the moment Hayley walked away... She made a signal to someone behind the camera she needed a drink then the camera cuts back and she is angrily doing a similar motion toward someone

Then she just walks away

Quite why she couldn't just say "sorry to interrupt could someone get me a drink when you can"

No idea

Mike gives a statement of support towards Lewis Capaldi

"Whatever demons you carry young man let em go you are brilliant"

A career in mental health counselling awaits for the Mason

If they ARE (or some of them are) paid a commission on fronting the bigger selling shows, then it is obvious Mason and others with that possible choice would want to take it. Clearly, some fairly hapless chap screwing up his demo and a girl who knows nothing about the subject, selling goods that are still very much the domain of the male customer is not going to create the same level of sales as a branded clothes show at great prices. If that is the case then there’s your answer.

Mason buying up the stock tonight. Can’t be sure..but doesn’t he do that on every fashion show he is on -shows with similar or identical items to his latest alleged purchases this evening. Maybe he is planning a massive car boot sale? “Forgive me for talking about myself again,” he says modestly.. Ha Ha..Yes, Mike…

Latest posts

Back