Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I think it’s an absolutely fascinating place, which of course, those of us who are fascinated, would love to know more about. It would also suit an up-to-date fly on the wall documentary about the workings of the channel. You know… The politics between the presenters… The conflicts… The dislikes… There was one done not long after it started, but that was pretty much an ego trip (and boy..were there some egos) for the three main hosts at the time.

It is a similar situation with radio shows, where long-term presenters who leave get very little time to say goodbye, or any real reflective on-air time on their career with the station in question. Maybe there is a fear when someone in that position (or working for a shopping channel), leaves, they will utilise their leaving time to be abusive to their former employers or crank up something like Butcher Baby by The Plasmatics. Hence, they are usually shuffled off rather quickly on gardening leave like Ken Bruce was I believe. But again… Why we have to see shopping channel staff who we have no idea who they are, being asked to come in front of camera when they depart, I cannot work out for the life of me why. Just do it in private - like virtually every other occupation does.

Especially when they never get a mention, on TJC I know more about some of the producers than the newer presenters on Ideal! Because they often have 3-way conversations live on air things change a lot on the fly so the producers seemingly are a lot busier/more important and have more influence on the output. They don't come on the air very often either but the "family feel" Ideal used to at least portray just doesn't seem there.

The fly-on-the-wall stuff would be a great idea but would probably be a disaster for channels as established as Ideal/Tjc/Gems (QVC is in a different bracket and wouldn't entertain it) maybe the next "new" channel it would be worth the risk to try and generate some interest if indeed we ever get a brand new channel.

Oh I think it’s an absolutely fascinating place, which of course, those of us who are fascinated, would love to know more about. It would also suit an up-to-date fly on the wall documentary about the workings of the channel. You know… The politics between the presenters… The conflicts… The dislikes… There was one done not long after it started, but that was pretty much an ego trip (and boy..were there some egos) for the three main hosts at the time.

It is a similar situation with radio shows, where long-term presenters who leave get very little time to say goodbye, or any real reflective on-air time on their career with the station in question. Maybe there is a fear when someone in that position (or working for a shopping channel), leaves, they will utilise their leaving time to be abusive to their former employers or crank up something like Butcher Baby by The Plasmatics. Hence, they are usually shuffled off rather quickly on gardening leave like Ken Bruce was I believe. But again… Why we have to see shopping channel staff who we have no idea who they are, being asked to come in front of camera when they depart, I cannot work out for the life of me why. Just do it in private - like virtually every other occupation does.
I would watch that documentary

Lovely to see a fresh rattan repeat on the newly launched Ideal Rattan this evening. Makes a change of course from the constant stale as my old shorts repeats of rott.er..rattan clips the old Ideal World used to show, ad infinitum. At least this new channel, solely devoted to cause of rattan, does it properly and devotes every lovingly taped resource they have to bringing us rattan, both demonstrated and explained professionally and personally, unlike that Heath Robinson shower Ideal World used to do.

Channel hopping between Ideal Rattan and those scoundrels Ideal World this evening. Ideal World (shame on them) paying half-baked lip service to rattan and now selling some old cheap fan that looks like it was unclaimed second prize on my local fair’s hoopla stall, and then on to that strange enthusiastic tubby man who sells drones near ice cream vans, hawking some cooling towel that fell out of a Jamboree Bag in 1973. A disgrace to rattan when you are sitting on the stuff but talking about other tat instead. At least Ideal Rattan focus solely on rattan - 365/24/7. Now, Mike..Yes, Michael..What the f** am I doing here, selling £9 bedspreads???

carpet demo where Grannys 40 year old hearth rug instantly comes up like brand new. Seriously IW, you should be ashamed yet another sham, instant result like that are not possible.

Yep get Ryes in he is a 20+ year veteran he can present a show about a fan on his own

No lets get Volbrankekekekekekekekeke in as well without his expertise the show has no chance

Who is making these decisions? If you can't leave an experienced presenter to host this show why on earth are you employing him?

I have to admit that I did buy one from them. I subsequently found it completely uneconomical and stopped using it. I think at this present time it is in the garage under a box of old Ipods. Now I buy the cheapest sparkling water and the cheapest orange squash. I certainly find that a more economical way of making a fizzy water-based drink.

Latest posts

Back