QVC presenters partake in the ice bucket challenge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breaking News ....

QVC TSV 614 859 Diamonique studded faux leatherette and chrome ice bucket. £190.99.

To be launched on Midnight Tuesday with all your favorite Q presenters 'Doing the Challenge!'

White tee shirts to be worn by Charlie and Whiplash Smile Dale for extra value.

Also available on easy pay...

I have one word to say: sheeple.

Most are just doing it for their social profiles rather than for the ethical issues. Good on this charity for inspiring this 'trend', but how many average Joe's are actually donating?

Possibly some celebs are happy to jump on a band waggon for publicity.Dont know about Q presenters, but there are some I'm sure .

i was in a pub garden last Wednesday when suddenly a group of people appeared with a large tank of water full of ice cubes .They proceeded to tip it over a woman who turned out to be the pub landlady.Neither my friend nor myself knew what was happening and it wasn't until I later looked on the Internet I realised what the charity was . Nobody collected any money from customers or explained what was happening which seemed odd.But the group were clearly enjoying what they were doing.

It's like the no make up selfie but even more self indulgent.
As above, how many people have actually donated money as a result, it's all over my facebook but nowhere has anyone posted the link along with it to donate money. I find it all rather tiresome.

Last edited:
Not sure how cold the water is on these? I'd like to see a close up of the bucket with ice cubes floating on the top. Dales particularly looked a cop out.

I have absolutely no doubt that the average Joe IS donating.
I don't know many of my family and their friends , my personal friends, facebook friends etc that have not been nominated AND donated (its macmillan nurses that is being done mostly here).in fact I was just saying yesterday to my hubby that so far we have been really lucky and guess what? Yip,we got two nominations and we will be doing it later today and posting it on facebook along with the text number for donations. I know some people are forgetting to put up the text number but they usually know it from one of the other posts.
I had a post on facebook that explained the reason for this craze. It seems that sitting with your feet in cold water and then drenching yourself is similar to the feeling that patients undergoing chemo. have during their treatment.( If this is true or not I don't know).
If these stunts bring public awareness to these charities and get people donating (who would normally not bother)bring them on!!!:mysmilie_14:

Recent report on celebrity endorsement of charities and causes showed that the celebrity is the only one who benefits. In general the charity or awareness campaign was absolutely no better off.

I'm bored with the whole Me Me Me nature of these stunts.

Recent report on celebrity endorsement of charities and causes showed that the celebrity is the only one who benefits. In general the charity or awareness campaign was absolutely no better off.

I'm bored with the whole Me Me Me nature of these stunts.

Me too. I haven't yet clicked on one single video to watch these people, and there is no way I am going to start with Q presenters!

I have been enjoying watching people doing it on FB, it's in a good cause and it's made me laugh. My husband is in Texas and he will be doing his challenge later. At least it will be warm out there!

I have absolutely no doubt that the average Joe IS donating.
I don't know many of my family and their friends , my personal friends, facebook friends etc that have not been nominated AND donated (its macmillan nurses that is being done mostly here).in fact I was just saying yesterday to my hubby that so far we have been really lucky and guess what? Yip,we got two nominations and we will be doing it later today and posting it on facebook along with the text number for donations. I know some people are forgetting to put up the text number but they usually know it from one of the other posts.
I had a post on facebook that explained the reason for this craze. It seems that sitting with your feet in cold water and then drenching yourself is similar to the feeling that patients undergoing chemo. have during their treatment.( If this is true or not I don't know).
If these stunts bring public awareness to these charities and get people donating (who would normally not bother)bring them on!!!:mysmilie_14:

I believe it started to raise money for Motor Neurone Disease charities and it seems that MacMillan have "pinched" it over here. I know they are both deserving causes but apparently it has caused a bit of controversy.

I honestly didn't know that this was for a charitable cause at all. I thought it was just a load of washed up celebs trying to get back into the papers.

Shows what I know doesn't it?

I honestly didn't know that this was for a charitable cause at all. I thought it was just a load of washed up celebs trying to get back into the papers.

Shows what I know doesn't it?

Washed up 'celebrities' would do anything to get in the papers, so this wouldn't be any different.

Latest posts

Back