QVC presenters partake in the ice bucket challenge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catherines was hilarious the woman throwing the water over her got so scared because catherine nominated her that she totally missed haha

I do agree about the redundancy of the whole thing but have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching Debbie Flint get soaked.

I think Catherine got off lightly compared to say Jackie Kabler,but at least they are publicising the charity and giving a number to donate.

I think Catherine got off lightly compared to say Jackie Kabler,but at least they are publicising the charity and giving a number to donate.

Did you see the second vid when they got another bucket to pour over Catherine. The first women was standing there holding the bucket for so long I think her arms were too tired to aim accurately.

Recent report on celebrity endorsement of charities and causes showed that the celebrity is the only one who benefits. In general the charity or awareness campaign was absolutely no better off.

According to The Independent, £48 million has been raised for ALS / MND Charities in the US and UK by the Ice Bucket Challenge. In the same period last year they received donations of £1.45m.

My son did the IBC yesterday at work. His was a plastic dustbin full of water and ice and I'd post a facebook link but there was a certain amount of swearing plus the names of the friends he's nominated. I'm proud that he's donated his own money (he's been working 60 hour weeks to try to clear last year's overdraft before his term starts) so Mr Akimbo and I have donated too.

I'll admit I'm suffering with IBC celebrity boredom but it's great that the charities have benefited. I'd like to see AY and Jill Franks too. With wet clothes JF will be 50% heavier :mysmilie_13:

It's a good cause .it is horrible illness if you know anyone who has suffered from it.

Don't think anyone has nominated Jill Franks but we can hope, maybe they should have a viewers vote.

Enjoyed Julia's. Very professional with a touch of humour.

I thought Julia's was the best one of these I have seen, and I include all the sleb ones. Also, I agree with others that at least Q give a number etc whereas the slebs show nothing.

I did see a pic of Lily ALlen in the paper..... Honest to God it was a small ice bucket.

Latest posts

Back