Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do cruises last 5 months? I met a couple who went on several round the world cruises but I don’t recall them saying they lasted 5 months.
They might have booked consecutive cruises, ending one and starting the next in the same port.

Talking of insurance, most home insurance policies only cover homes left empty for a max of 30 days. Also travel insurance companies usually stipulate you should advise them of a cruise. Not a lot of people know this, imagine the shock if you had to claim.

Qurio is a strange place some people are certainly in debt,but the heads up QVC buddies never stop,I would be interested to know why they carry on with the hard sell all the time?
Cardboard Richard and his Make Happy,along with a certain other person,make Qurio sickening 🫠

My brother and I had a similar conversation before Christmas. He will be 60 in Feb and I’m 67. We cannot work out how we suddenly hit our 60’s when we still feel 30. We both love our holidays but he will not have the Covid jabs so for the foreseeable he is confined to the UK.. I’m fast approaching the magical age of 70 when the cost of travel insurance seems to automatically double, and that’s before the inevitable pre-existing medical conditions.
I am 74 and hubby will be 74 at the end of April. We have free travel insurance with Nationwide and we only pay the age extension of £65 for both as it's a joint account.
We took the extra £40 for any cruise ports missed or having to be confined to cabin due to COVID.
I have asthma and hubby has glaucoma in one eye and it's on the list of accepted conditions.

Qurio is a strange place some people are certainly in debt,but the heads up QVC buddies never stop,I would be interested to know why they carry on with the hard sell all the time?
Cardboard Richard and his Make Happy,along with a certain other person,make Qurio sickening 🫠
Me too! and that's partly what makes this a social interesting documentary! I have a few ideas ......
1. They enjoy making these videos so much that even when they haven't actually got anything to show, they'll do these to tide themselves over until the next parcel arrives (which in some cases can be hours, not days!)
2. They genuinely think they're helping out other members of the community by saving them the trouble of finding bargains
3. It generates thanks and praise
4. A bit of a stretch this one, but I do wonder whether they believe that someone in the business is watching and tallying up sales, seeing how many extra sales are being generated and eventually they'll be invited to Chiswick to receive an MBE for their services to shopping telly, then whisked off to America to meet the CEO, sent back home with a lifetime supply of polyester and HS candles ( and a fire hazard warning), given their own show on the main channel called "Heads up" - an hour's worth of rambling about various products that can be bought elsewhere for a quarter of the price
5. Mainly, I'm as baffled as you are - It's a pointless excercise!

Me too! and that's partly what makes this a social interesting documentary! I have a few ideas ......
1. They enjoy making these videos so much that even when they haven't actually got anything to show, they'll do these to tide themselves over until the next parcel arrives (which in some cases can be hours, not days!)
2. They genuinely think they're helping out other members of the community by saving them the trouble of finding bargains
3. It generates thanks and praise
4. A bit of a stretch this one, but I do wonder whether they believe that someone in the business is watching and tallying up sales, seeing how many extra sales are being generated and eventually they'll be invited to Chiswick to receive an MBE for their services to shopping telly, then whisked off to America to meet the CEO, sent back home with a lifetime supply of polyester and HS candles ( and a fire hazard warning), given their own show on the main channel called "Heads up" - an hour's worth of rambling about various products that can be bought elsewhere for a quarter of the price
5. Mainly, I'm as baffled as you are - It's a pointless excercise!
Merryone, I think number 4 sums it up, "the lifetime supply of polyester"🤣

On a serious note, I think that maybe some of them may have low self esteem issues and like their moment in the limelight and the praise. I have noticed recently that 2 of my Facebook friends posted vague comments about people being unkind to them without giving any background info. Which led to 50 people telling them they are the kindest, most wonderful person that ever walked the earth blah blah. It was 2 separate incidents and they don't know each other. I just thought it was odd and wondered if it was low self esteem.

Merryone, I think number 4 sums it up, "the lifetime supply of polyester"🤣

On a serious note, I think that maybe some of them may have low self esteem issues and like their moment in the limelight and the praise. I have noticed recently that 2 of my Facebook friends posted vague comments about people being unkind to them without giving any background info. Which led to 50 people telling them they are the kindest, most wonderful person that ever walked the earth blah blah. It was 2 separate incidents and they don't know each other. I just thought it was odd and wondered if it was low self esteem.
I said it was a "stretch"!

Full steam ahead - It looks like Hyacinth's going on that cruise after all, she's not actually updated us on test results, or doctor's opinion but she sounds like her good old self as she posts a heads up on the 20% off sale. To be honest, if it's angina she's got and she's got the necessary medication, then I don't blame her for going. As long as she gets help with luggage and manages not to stress too much, she should have a brilliant time, can't wait to see all the polyester in all the ports!

Full steam ahead - It looks like Hyacinth's going on that cruise after all, she's not actually updated us on test results, or doctor's opinion but she sounds like her good old self as she posts a heads up on the 20% off sale. To be honest, if it's angina she's got and she's got the necessary medication, then I don't blame her for going. As long as she gets help with luggage and manages not to stress too much, she should have a brilliant time, can't wait to see all the polyester in all the ports!
Thanks to the gods!!! I was having sleepless nights, worries the poor woman would miss the cruise. :unsure:
🍾

If she couldn't go I doubt she would have posted a video where she sounds like her old self, I would imagine that she would be too devastated. I imagine a cruise would be quite relaxing anyway. I'm going on my first cruise in November although I'll be good and will be spending all my time in the gym🤣🤣🤣🤣

If she couldn't go I doubt she would have posted a video where she sounds like her old self, I would imagine that she would be too devastated. I imagine a cruise would be quite relaxing anyway. I'm going on my first cruise in November although I'll be good and will be spending all my time in the gym🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lovely what ship and were are you going??

Most of them are worried about their videos not appearing,more than paying off their 💳 card,says it all really about the people on Qurio 🤣
I agree! I guess I can't judge people by my own standards. I'm old enough to realise that no skin cream is going to reverse/halt the aging process. Little trinkets and trinket boxes are clutter, polyester can be bought cheaper just about everywhere, you only need one handbag, maybe two, Christmas comes around every year, so there's no point panic buying in January, ez pays add up, it's only a bargain if you need it, buy your mouldy cheese from a supermarket and you'll be compensated more quickly and generously - Finally a credit card is a useful thing to have but ffs use it for significant purchases eg home improvements, large appliances, holidays not little bits of tat that nobody cares about, not even you!

Hi Patsy, I'm travelling on Marella Explorer and a week around the Canary Islands. I've never done a cruise before and this one leaves from Tenerife which I'm familiar with so it shouldn't be too scary on my own!
Years ago when Kirks Folly was really popular on QVC you could go on a Kirks Folly cruise.

Imaging if this was still possible, the Qurio ladies would be so wetting themselves at the thought of spending seven days afloat with the Kirk family and being filmed for QVC that they would take out a second mortgage to buy enough sparkly angels and fairies to make sure they stood out from the crowd.

Years ago when Kirks Folly was really popular on QVC you could go on a Kirks Folly cruise.

Imaging if this was still possible, the Qurio ladies would be so wetting themselves at the thought of spending seven days afloat with the Kirk family and being filmed for QVC that they would take out a second mortgage to buy enough sparkly angels and fairies to make sure they stood out from the crowd.
SusieSue, please don't give them ideas🤣🤣🤣

Hi Patsy, I'm travelling on Marella Explorer and a week around the Canary Islands. I've never done a cruise before and this one leaves from Tenerife which I'm familiar with so it shouldn't be too scary on my own!
Went on Thompson Spirit to the Fjords a few years ago.
We had a great time food,staff and entertainment were great. Hubby won't fly so we have to sail from the UK.
Have a great time.

I caught on the BBC Rip Off Britain before I went to work on Tuesday.

They brought up the case of two sisters who went to Turkey and whilst there one sister fell ill and discover very serious illness. Insurance refused to pay out because they consider it a pre-existing, and they fought and still no. Yes, the sister had been to her doctor over headaches.

They did a survey filmed and asked people to look at a list whether to declare to insurance before travelling. The list included normal everyday things like well I get headaches and other rather everyday things which will affect your holiday insurance if you do not declare on the form. The advice from the expert was you need to declare minor illness, yes your insurance will cost more but being stuff with a £60.000 health care bill abroad is not worth it.

I caught on the BBC Rip Off Britain before I went to work on Tuesday.

They brought up the case of two sisters who went to Turkey and whilst there one sister fell ill and discover very serious illness. Insurance refused to pay out because they consider it a pre-existing, and they fought and still no. Yes, the sister had been to her doctor over headaches.

They did a survey filmed and asked people to look at a list whether to declare to insurance before travelling. The list included normal everyday things like well I get headaches and other rather everyday things which will affect your holiday insurance if you do not declare on the form. The advice from the expert was you need to declare minor illness, yes your insurance will cost more but being stuff with a £60.000 health care bill abroad is not worth it.
Years ago I had a cataract before surgery but declared it on my travel insurance in case I fell over, claimed & they put it down to my failed eyesight!

Latest posts

Back