Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC don’t help by continually pushing EZPays at customers. I think the EZPays just promote impulse buying and some customers end up buying something that they didn’t really want or need.

QVC don’t help by continually pushing EZPays at customers. I think the EZPays just promote impulse buying and some customers end up buying something that they didn’t really want or need.
Especially when you get the urgent ‘hurry up and order now! The easy pays finish at midnight!’ , when you know full well that at nine o’clock the next day, another easy pay ‘offer’ will be launched.

I remember in my innocent bought an Elemis TSV on easy pay now it was the Xmas one and on four easy. Cannot remember if the TSV was late November or early December, but I am sure I ended up paying last one in Feb. It was really p*ssing me off, now I know people say you can phone up and just pay the rest, but for some reason I just do not trust Q to continue to take the money even after you pay the full amount off. I can handle 2 or maybe 3 easy pay, but now I just think if I know something is coming up and put the money away and pay in full.

Oh dear the Qurios finally admitting easy pays are putting them in the doo doo.
It was bound to happen do QVC care?
I’m surprised it’s taken them so long to realise this! Should Q stop offering ez pays? From their point of view , of course not, but if they’ve got any kind of conscience they should limit it to three. A good point was made by one of them , and that was their prices are so high now that literally nothing is affordable straight out any more.
There are so many of them saying now that they’re gonna stop buying, stop using ez pays. What they really need to do is sop watching, ‘cause that’s where the trouble starts. You’d never know that you needed a neon sign that spells “home”, an embellished horse blanket or a hairdryer to match your colourscheme if you didn’t watch!

Going back to what I said about watching, it really is where the trouble starts - Once the presenters have got inside your head so to speak, it's difficult to shake that feeling off. I'm embarrassed to admit that this has happened to me in the past, seen something I've quite liked the look of but was never on my radar as something I've been looking to buy, mmmed and ahhed for a short while, decided, no I don't need it so I won't buy, then soon afterwards have heard this nagging little voice telling me, you want it, you must have it and you almost go into zombie mode and of course back you go and before you've had a chance to come to your senses, it's on it's way to you! Worse still is watching a presentation when they're telling you to hurry and colourways are running out before your eyes, you'll never see this price again yada yada yada! I was caught out a few years ago, with an Ashwood leather bag which I ended up buying on impulse like this and it turned out to be a horrible, badly made bag that was so much smaller than it looked on screen but I was in such I rush, I didn't check the dimensions, and worse still I didn't even bother sending it back - How daft is that?
Luckily I never had a proper addiction to Q, but what did help me was my grand de-clutter a few years ago which almost gave me an aversion to shopping, however, it sure as hell stopped me wasting my money on crap and it's allowed me to see right through Q's hideously overpriced offerings and the tricks they use to make us part with our money. I can now watch and am very rarely tempted, but it really helps to be in the right mindset to start with. Once you're in trouble though, that's a different ballgame, not only is it a worry, it's depressing, and for those of a certain disposition will be likely to crave even more stuff to cheer them up, so it's a vicious circle which requires a lot more than simple will power to break!
QVC - Imo Qurio needs to be disbanded, or at least given a section on open social media so it's no longer an exclusive club/training school for addicts, EZ pays should be limited to three and of course you should cap your p&p! Rant over (for now)!

I have respect for people who say I have overspent and now admitting it in the open,what I don’t have respect are the heads up merchants, who are openly associated with QVC in the past and present by promoting Qurio,this includes certain presenters.
Your encouraging people to overspend keep it to yourself,I’m sure people can decide to search for product information themselves if they want to.
Qurio needs to be binned or abandoned look at the comments,I’m sure many others are in the same position of ezy pay overspending.(tip of the iceberg)🤔

I remember in my innocent bought an Elemis TSV on easy pay now it was the Xmas one and on four easy. Cannot remember if the TSV was late November or early December, but I am sure I ended up paying last one in Feb. It was really p*ssing me off, now I know people say you can phone up and just pay the rest, but for some reason I just do not trust Q to continue to take the money even after you pay the full amount off. I can handle 2 or maybe 3 easy pay, but now I just think if I know something is coming up and put the money away and pay in full.
I hate easy pays its very rare that I ever use it. Specially if its something I know I will keep.

I have respect for people who say I have overspent and now admitting it in the open,what I don’t have respect are the heads up merchants, who are openly associated with QVC in the past and present by promoting Qurio,this includes certain presenters.
Your encouraging people to overspend keep it to yourself,I’m sure people can decide to search for product information themselves if they want to.
Qurio needs to be binned or abandoned look at the comments,I’m sure many others are in the same position of ezy pay overspending.(tip of the iceberg)🤔
So do I but let's hope that this first step is followed by the second and that is actually stopping the spending. It'll be disappointing to see "Oops I did it again" and sheepish looking emojis alongside a video of some piece of useless tat because "at that price it'd be rude not to"! If I remember rightly, last year Qurio had a bumper build up to Christmas but once the new year came in it understandably tailed off considerably until Pullinger stepped in with those competitions which put the spending back into overdrive. It seems to have tailed off a fair bit already, obviously Hyacinth being laid up hasn't helped, but I've not seen or heard so many negative reviews and comments for a long while. Q really need to take a look at this app - I very much doubt whether getting rid of it would put much of a dent in their profits, if they insist that it stays then they can't just rest on their laurels. If it carries on this trajectory then it'll become a place where people come to slag them off. I think that somebody (and it might be me if I end up feeling brave enough) should try and reach out to the contributors themselves and urge them to cut down or even stop posting eg, "Is it really necessary to tell everybody about every single skincare product you've bought, who is it helping?" "Does anyone need to see that dress you bought in clearance? -It's probably not available anymore, "Your 19 hundredth Kipling bag", "those shoes that you can buy somewhere else for a fraction of the price if you only bothered to shop around" I could go on forever with this list! Think about it - "what does a shaky video of a bottle of shampoo on your table tell anybody, other than you've bought yourself a bottle of shampoo"? What does this achieve? Sales for Q and nothing more - that's your answer! Now, take a look at the comments and read the room - People are struggling - Please don't encourage them!

I remember a lady here was very brave and honest and admitted she got into real problems using easy pay. Took her a while but she got them all cleared and then stopped using it.
I think that was Ballerina and I haven't seen her here for a while. I hope she's OK. I'm another that got into a bit of trouble using EZ pay but now I pay one off before getting another. I had a bit more cash in days gone by but now I'm on a limited income. You do have to be careful as you can be cleaned out. Before people started watching QVC it was catalogues that got you into trouble, now I fear some people have both.

CC

The big thing is now it is not only QVC though because this is a QVC forum we point the finger at them first.

All the online retailers have the Karma (sp) or something one spread the cost with easy pay. I remember watching something on the TV news a few months back and some young guy had 3 or 4 going and was still looking to buy more clothes etc using them.

All quiet on the Western front! which is quite surprising. Cardboard's received a jar of body scrub which he's not used yet and Miss Ladysmith is parading yet another bottle of facial jollop - A pleasant reviewer she may be but how can you take anything she says seriously when she seems to buy literally every brand of skincare going. If she can't tell what's doing what, then what hope does everybody else have. No more updates on Hyacinth sadly. I do hope she's deemed well enough to go on the cruise!

Think she's on the mend, she's bought a tacky doorstop which will be handy to prop the door open when bringing the shopping in, or letting the air in come summer. I've got a little wooden door wedge for that purpose, it cost 69p and it takes up no room. I really do not get why people need to buy so much ****** "stuff"!

I know as you get older that material possessions mean very little. I was left reasonably comfortably off after my wife died last year. 20 years ago, when my first marriage ended, I was one step away from being homeless. I have seen both sides financially. I bought a brand new car a few months after my wife died. To ‘cheer me up’ you could say. But once I got it, all gleaming and fresh outside the house, the overwhelming feeling was one of flatness. In the end, a few months later, I decided I just didn’t want the car, saw the car I had traded in was still unsold, took the car back and bought my old one back - the one my wife had sat in and we had a few laughs together while out driving. What I am saying is, it is about experiences and NOT about buying stuff. Stuff doesn’t make you happy. Good experiences do. Holidays, seeing places, doing happy things in general. Particularly in this key decade from 60 to 70. Do things while you can. My wife went at 57 and got just about a year and a half of her NHS pension. You just never know.
My brother and I had a similar conversation before Christmas. He will be 60 in Feb and I’m 67. We cannot work out how we suddenly hit our 60’s when we still feel 30. We both love our holidays but he will not have the Covid jabs so for the foreseeable he is confined to the UK.. I’m fast approaching the magical age of 70 when the cost of travel insurance seems to automatically double, and that’s before the inevitable pre-existing medical conditions.

Latest posts

Back