Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not sure there is really any need to go in so hard on the Qurio users :(. Some posts in this thread rightly mention about being sensitive to what’s going on in the world but how are you going to make the world any better with nasty comments. Mocking their looks and their homes. How’s that sensitive ? If you want people to be kind you lead by example. I’m sure there are lots of genuine people on here that worry about how spending could be a manifestation of depression or loneliness but there are also some that come across as bullies. Of course them people must have perfect lives with perfect homes / looks / nails / style or they wouldn’t feel in a position to make such derogatory comments about others. Maybe they could spend their time appreciating their perfect lives rather than looking for opportunities to insult people. The world needs SO much love and positive energy now. Might be nice to concentrate on that instead. I found this forum on a search engine and clicked on out of curiosity as I used to use QVC for the odd skincare set and they’ve been mailing me re Qurio. The app isn’t my really my thing but I’ve watched recent reviews and I don’t see any maliciousness. Yes people may be spending a lot of money but maybe they work / have worked hard for it. I don’t think you can assume that they’re not also supporting charities with their money. I really can’t see anything in their behaviour that warrants the level of vitriol from some members of this forum. Maybe they use Qurio as a confidence boost or as a community. Maybe they don’t get much validation elsewhere or maybe they just do want to tell people about products they like. They’re not being nasty, they’re not ripping each other apart, why rip them apart ? Where’s the win ? We’ve all had the be kind message for very good reasons over the last few years. Maybe we could remind ourselves of that ethos. It really is a good one.
I think what started as a little banter and shock of how much a few Qurio ladies were spending has turned into something I find uncomfortable to comment on ladies appearance like eye bags and horrible yellow nails and their appearance this forum has gone off track and has crossed the line into a kind of bullying we all commented at the beginning about the competition between a couple of ladies trying to outdo each other with their reviews me included but to attack how they look is wrong just imagine how they would feel if they have read this ,what started off as a bit of a giggle has gone completely the other way most comments are about their looks ,I expect a big backlash from a couple of you but Maybetrytobenicer is right
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this forum is for discussing all things shopping telly so that means negative as well as positive.

I will remind everyone what we do not allow is personal attacks on fellow forum members.

Now Erika has shown us her MIL’s collection of Kipling bags, all 40 of them. I think there were 39 actually, as I’m sure she miscounted.
All from QVC, so probably could’ve bought herself a Louis Vuitton suitcase with the p&p alone on that lot! I really don’t get why people collect so many of the same things. Embarrassingly enough, some years ago I had a penchant for Moira C’s scarf laces! I had at least 20 if the things. Problem being there were about £20 each, but only about £35 if you bought a set of 3. So that’s what I did and ended up with only a few that I actually liked. After the big clear out , I ended up keeping just 4 of them! Some of “Moira’s ladies “ reported having 100 or more. Kipling bags are crazy expensive, without buying them from Q!

Replying to my own post here, but after a bit of thought, surely Qurio UK Support, should be "the relevant team". How much effort would it take for them to add a warning about posting this kind of information? - obviously too much! This should be addressed as a matter of priority, not simply "looked into". To bridge the gap, they could've had Katy popping up and saying something about it, it would be seen by everybody, 'cause the clones lap up everything she says!
Don’t think they would add a warning of any sort without running it past their corporate lawyers first. It could be construed as accepting liability.

I can see an influx of reviews on the horizon! Had an email from quorio street saying £100 QVC credit for winning mother's review ,no doubt they will all be rushing to review their quoriosities with their mum's or daughters ! Watch this space

I can see an influx of reviews on the horizon! Had an email from quorio street saying £100 QVC credit for winning mother's review ,no doubt they will all be rushing to review their quoriosities with their mum's or daughters ! Watch this space
Well if mother in law counts, then Erika should be onto a winner. Nothing obvious so far, but I'm sure they'll start coming in thick and fast. I guess they're gonna have to be a bit more inventive with their reviews. I mean how are they gonna judge this? and how long is this "competition" gonna run for? Lets face it, they can't just randomly pick out a review that doesn't mention the word "mother". There's nothing on the Qurio app about this. Think it's time for Cardboard Richard to make a Mothers day card out from his set and bung it on Qurio for all to see. Bit harsh on the big spenders who more than likely don't have their mum any more - Not very well thought out really!
There's definitely a pattern developing throughout the app, build up to Christmas and Christmas itself- lots of reviews, big lull, chance to win something- reviews pick up again, including retrospective purchases (drag out the vacuum cleaner you bought 2 years ago), lull, competition, reviews pick up again. Fgs Q just leave it, if people want to review their purchases just because, then that says more about the product than people posting willy nilly just in case they win something! Maybe if they actually had a competition for the best, most informative review, then that might be better. It would mean that the organisers would actually take the trouble to look at the reviews. The woman who won the last one, literally just showed a picture of the bundlecrap trunks she bought, she didn't even bother opening them and pretty much said, I bought these and I really like them, and they gave her an expensive product for her "trouble" = crap!

Last edited:
Here we go folks - Erika’s bitten already! Put some slap on one of her daughters to demonstrate how to use Floracil cleanser. “I’m doing this cause it’s Mother’s Day”. No you’re not, you’re doing because you got an email telling you that you could win £100!
Love the daughters t shirt “ I paused my game to be here”. One good thing is that she appears not to be showing a product she’s bought specially. Video with MIL coming up I think she said! I’ll be interested to see how many other reviewers will mention their mums and daughters and probably pretend that they’re buying them as presents !

Latest posts

Back