Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I’ve seen it all now. 🙄 Nicola’s been buying Harry Slatkin candles, which is fair enough, but she says she doesn’t like scented candles but bought them for the faceted glass jars. There were nine on her shelf and she’s going to use them for storing bits and bobs like cotton buds, hair bobbles, jewellery etc.

They’re quite pretty glass jars but, if I’d bought them, I’d ensure that I enjoyed the fragrances and I certainly wouldn’t want nine of them.

Still I guess we’re all different. 😉
I was once asked did I burn my candles? Er, yes. Then the person I was talking to who worked in House Of Fraser said some people buy Jo Malone candles and never burn them, just want them sitting around. I thought WTF!!!! Jo Malone candles are £50+ Can I say I only ever had one Jo Malone candle, managed to get it cheap, and I was not impressed with the throw from it and yes the glass went black as it burned.

On another note, I received a £5 off voucher from QVC. I was thinking should I download the qurio make a video and make them all jealous? :unsure:
:ROFLMAO:

Well, I’ve seen it all now. 🙄 Nicola’s been buying Harry Slatkin candles, which is fair enough, but she says she doesn’t like scented candles but bought them for the faceted glass jars. There were nine on her shelf and she’s going to use them for storing bits and bobs like cotton buds, hair bobbles, jewellery etc.

They’re quite pretty glass jars but, if I’d bought them, I’d ensure that I enjoyed the fragrances and I certainly wouldn’t want nine of them.

Still I guess we’re all different. 😉
I saw a bit of that,( never sit through the whole performance) but how stupid is that? Paying for candles just to get some bog standard jars? Surely there are jars out there which are better and you are not paying for candles you don’t really want! We all think differently but there is stupid and there is STUPID!

I saw a bit of that,( never sit through the whole performance) but how stupid is that? Paying for candles just to get some bog standard jars? Surely there are jars out there which are better and you are not paying for candles you don’t really want! We all think differently but there is stupid and there is STUPID!
I did have a set of those candles and I have to say that the jars are lovely, and that's partly what swayed me to buy them, but I do love candles and would never buy them purely for show, or even worse still try and waste them, just to get to the container!
I thought the jars would be useful, but they weren't and they ended up in the charity donation bag. Although they were pretty, of a good weight, and quite large, they weren't tall enough to be of any practical use for me. If Lola got that lot on the same deal as I did, she'd have paid £126 and if you don't want the candles - that's crazy. I would say that if you've got a large dressing table, then a couple might look quite nice on it, but 9? Less is more!

Ahh now we know why Holly Dolly is buying lots of 'stuff' - especially clothes. She's received an inheritance so her and her husband are going on a 4 month world cruise next year. That probably explains why she hasn't been worrying about spending money on all and sundry
At least she's spent the bulk of the money on something worthwhile. I understand a bit more how she needs to take a lot of clothes with her if she's going away for more than 4 months. What I don't understand is someone having 5 wardrobes full of clothes of different sizes, that's insane. Hope she's got some anti-moth protection! I'm flabberghasted! I have three clothes rails, one of which is all outwear, plus two small chest of drawers. Oh has a double wardrobe with shelves, plus a chest of drawers for his stuff. We also have a coat rack in the hall way. To me it's completely pointless having so many clothes if a. you can't wear them and b. you can't look after them properly. I hope she has a lovely holiday and doesn't sweat too much but I think it's time she put it to the back of her mind for a bit and found herself something else to fill her time! If she doesn't then it's gonna be one hell of a come down for her when she comes home - God sake, can you imagine all the slide shows her friends and family are gonna have to sit through (are they still a thing?) Oh hang on, maybe we'll be the unlucky ones "This is me in Goa, wearing my drama Kimono, this is me in Japan"...etc etc- hopefully Qurio will be a distant memory by then!

Qurio is pointless really and I will not bother commenting on it anymore,unless QVC or a tat seller do something dodgy with the competition.The result will be interesting 🤔
Now point me in the direction of that torch 🔦 forum,as cardboard Richard says Let’s Go😂

Qurio is pointless really and I will not bother commenting on it anymore,unless QVC or a tat seller do something dodgy with the competition.The result will be interesting 🤔
Now point me in the direction of that torch 🔦 forum,as cardboard Richard says Let’s Go😂
I'll miss your scathing comments! I know what you mean though. We've ascertained that the app is pointless, morally wrong, and now looking a bit dodgy, so there's not really much more that can be said -BUT- It still never fails to shock, and entertain me to see the Qurio crazies at work. Just when you think they couldn't get any crazier, Lola spends over £100 on candles she doesn't like, and Hyacnith "5 wardrobes" Bucket goes into turbo-drive! I wonder what tat is winging it's way to Erika's as we speak, has CR actually managed to make a card yet?! It's a socially interesting documentary that's for sure, well for me it is lol!

I was once asked did I burn my candles? Er, yes. Then the person I was talking to who worked in House Of Fraser said some people buy Jo Malone candles and never burn them, just want them sitting around. I thought WTF!!!! Jo Malone candles are £50+ Can I say I only ever had one Jo Malone candle, managed to get it cheap, and I was not impressed with the throw from it and yes the glass went black as it burned.

On another note, I received a £5 off voucher from QVC. I was thinking should I download the qurio make a video and make them all jealous? :unsure:
:ROFLMAO:
Do it 🤣🤣

Why on why would anyone spend over £100 On candles they don't like - just for the glass containers?? I don't get it. If you want pretty glass containers to store your s**t in for God's sake go on eBay/ Home Bargains/ The Range etc and buy some for a few quid . Rant over 🙄! Crack on Lola, more money than sense.

Right Lola, you do not suit jumpsuits on this occasion you have ‘ hit the nail on the head’ so why go on & on & on &on? I find this person so self indulgent does she really really want comments’ look gorgeous’, you have a figure to die for’ , plus this ‘I look awful’, all too much.See Shirley V is back!

Right Lola, you do not suit jumpsuits on this occasion you have ‘ hit the nail on the head’ so why go on & on & on &on? I find this person so self indulgent does she really really want comments’ look gorgeous’, you have a figure to die for’ , plus this ‘I look awful’, all too much.See Shirley V is back!
I am in total agreement with you - jumpsuits do not suit her body shape so she should stop buying them.

A lot of these reviews I find totally pointless. When we go into clothes shops one of the first things we do is feel the material, hold it up against our bodies to check sizing and maybe if it's a stretchy material give it a tug to assess it, but selly telly doesn't offer us that opportunity so we rely on others to do that for us because (most) presenters are just interested in getting a sale so will 'avoid' mentioning anything remotely detrimental. We can all look at qvc and view videos of clothing being worn so parading around in something using dodgy camera work is useless - what people 'want' or 'need' is information that is not offered by those videos or presenters such as 1) bought my normal size but it came up small/large so my advice is ... 2) material looks good on screen but in reality it's really thin/cheap/semi transparent, creases easily etc 3) washed a couple of times and it shrunk/became misshapen 4) material is uncomfortable/itchy to wear so if you've got sensitive skin please avoid.

I agree, I just do not get this at all. Most people would've given up after the 1st or 2nd attempt, especially when it's them who have to pay for the return postage. She's said it herself, jumpsuits don't suit me! She also said she doesn't like candles but that doesn't stop her buying them. I was gonna say I'd dread to see the result of something she does like.....Oh hold on...Lola flaming Rose!

I agree, I just do not get this at all. Most people would've given up after the 1st or 2nd attempt, especially when it's them who have to pay for the return postage. She's said it herself, jumpsuits don't suit me! She also said she doesn't like candles but that doesn't stop her buying them. I was gonna say I'd dread to see the result of something she does like.....Oh hold on...Lola flaming Rose!
Let's just take a moment to be thankful for something .... Lola has yet to buy the Rhonda ahh bras because we REALLY don't need to see those reviews - we get enough of her bosom when she's yanking on her jumpsuits and complaining that they're not low cut enough for her.

The other day in the evening I was flicking as usual. So the presenter must have asked for people to send in photos of them working QVC fashion. I could three different women wearing from head to toe QVC fashion and even itemizing the brands. My first thought was, I bet they are on qurio.

First one grey hair woman looked 60s +, Kim and Co jumpsuit in bright red, Ruthie jacket in pink and Moda trainers.

The other day in the evening I was flicking as usual. So the presenter must have asked for people to send in photos of them working QVC fashion. I could three different women wearing from head to toe QVC fashion and even itemizing the brands. My first thought was, I bet they are on qurio.

First one grey hair woman looked 60s +, Kim and Co jumpsuit in bright red, Ruthie jacket in pink and Moda trainers.
Two hours on a Thursday evening is full of ladies modelling Ruth’s fashion and everyone looks stunning, lovely, great, fabulous, gorgeous, fantastic etc. etc. in their items too.😉🤭😂

I'm ashamed to say I'm addicted to this app - I mean viewing it, you won't ever see me on there!

Seriously, I'm still shocked by how much people buy, and a lot of the stuff isn't cheap
Me too, I dip in but rarely sit through a full ‘ production’ they are beyond awful. Could I do better? We’ll definitely yes! If not I wouldn’t post!

Me too, I dip in but rarely sit through a full ‘ production’ they are beyond awful. Could I do better? We’ll definitely yes! If not I wouldn’t post!
Me too! After about 30 seconds I usually give up, usually asking myself why they have filmed it.

I bought a beautiful grey cashmere scarf in M&S in the sale after Christmas, £21 reduced from £69. I shared a picture of it to a couple of friends and cousins but didn't video myself wearing it and share it with strangers. But I guess we're all different.

You can tell that the competition’s going to close soon (unless it has done already) because there’s been quite a few reviews in the past couple of days. A couple stood out to me. One is a woman reviewing one of Ruth’s bomber jackets that she bought ….. a year ago! 😳 Another that stood out is one from an Anna who often reviews Skechers. Nearly every other phrase, while she shows us round the shoes, is “there we go.” I was so busy counting the number of times that she said it that I couldn’t tell you what she said about the shoes. 🙄

You can tell that the competition’s going to close soon (unless it has done already) because there’s been quite a few reviews in the past couple of days. A couple stood out to me. One is a woman reviewing one of Ruth’s bomber jackets that she bought ….. a year ago! 😳 Another that stood out is one from an Anna who often reviews Skechers. Nearly every other phrase, while she shows us round the shoes, is “there we go.” I was so busy counting the number of times that she said it that I couldn’t tell you what she said about the shoes. 🙄
Yes I noticed that and started counting :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back