Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can tell that the competition’s going to close soon (unless it has done already) because there’s been quite a few reviews in the past couple of days. A couple stood out to me. One is a woman reviewing one of Ruth’s bomber jackets that she bought ….. a year ago! 😳 Another that stood out is one from an Anna who often reviews Skechers. Nearly every other phrase, while she shows us round the shoes, is “there we go.” I was so busy counting the number of times that she said it that I couldn’t tell you what she said about the shoes. 🙄
Just checked that out - and 😱 she must’ve said it about 10 times. She didn’t really tell us anything about the shoes that we couldn’t see for ourselves , didn’t show them on, or even remove the cardboard shapers, so a pretty pointless review. Gotta be in it to win it I suppose. Hyacinth’s treated herself to yet another top and about 5 new pairs of trousers. Yes, we get it you’re going on a cruise next blinking January- if she’s boring us with it now, we’ve potentially got another 10 months of this, and lord knows what she’ll be like afterwards?! If she buys any more clobber she’ll sink the flaming ship!

Apart contributions from the odd "influencer" who has decided for whatever reason :unsure: that Qurio is a platform worthy of their expertise, these videos are not really reviews at all. I struggle to see what they are, or what use they are to anybody. Reviews can be extremely helpful, especially if you're looking to buy costly electrical items. My "go to is Amazon" as you'll usually find numerous reviews of the item you're looking for. Firstly at a glance you can see the star ratings. When you read the reviews you can pick up on potential problems eg, the cable is too short, it loses charge quickly, it's noisy, heavy etc etc etc. At the top of the Amazon review section, they display frequently used words and you can click on them and it takes you to all the relevant reviews - That's what I call helpful. You Tube are pretty good if you're looking for a live demo, all though, like Qurio, there is quite a lot of irrelevant waffle, but on the whole the contributors show you exactly how something works and you can see how good or bad it is. Most of the "reviews" on Qurio are for things that are totally irrelevant. Skincare, cosmetics, clothing shown being used/worn by someone else is of no use to me, nor is somebody telling me that a fragrance is "nice" - This sort of thing needs to be tried on or tested by myself 'cause the chances are it will look or feel very different. If you shop with Q, then their written reviews are far better, with the star ratings, and being able to see at glance whether customers consider items of clothing are true to size etc.
Cardboard Richard is back having spent £18 on 3 bars of soap, cause he saw Jenny Wren's review. There's always a giggle to be had when CR's around. He said I'm using this soap to wash my, wait for it - hands! For a split second I thought he was gonna say he was gonna use it "down under" being an Aussie brand and all that! 😲 This illustrates perfectly what I've said in the last paragraph. I need to know why I would want to spend £18 on soap - what does it smell like, how does it lather up, how does it leave your skin feeling, does it go slimy, does it crack, how long does the bar last? It's absolutely useless just telling us that "I've just spent £18 on soap and I'm gonna wash my hands with it" To be fair he did say it made him feel clean & fresh, but that's hardly a revelation. You can achieve freshness and cleanliness with a 50p bar of soap!

Finally I just caught a comment made by Hyacinth on her stripey t-shirt review. "I hope this war doesn't escalate or it might (her cruise) be cancelled"! 😲 :mad: I have no words!

Last edited:
Apart contributions from the odd "influencer" who has decided for whatever reason :unsure: that Qurio is a platform worthy of their expertise, these videos are not really reviews at all. I struggle to see what they are, or what use they are to anybody. Reviews can be extremely helpful, especially if you're looking to buy costly electrical items. My "go to is Amazon" as you'll usually find numerous reviews of the item you're looking for. Firstly at a glance you can see the star ratings. When you read the reviews you can pick up on potential problems eg, the cable is too short, it loses charge quickly, it's noisy, heavy etc etc etc. At the top of the Amazon review section, they display frequently used words and you can click on them and it takes you to all the relevant reviews - That's what I call helpful. You Tube are pretty good if you're looking for a live demo, all though, like Qurio, there is quite a lot of irrelevant waffle, but on the whole the contributors show you exactly how something works and you can see how good or bad it is. Most of the "reviews" on Qurio are for things that are totally irrelevant. Skincare, cosmetics, clothing shown being used/worn by someone else is of no use to me, nor is somebody telling me that a fragrance is "nice" - This sort of thing needs to be tried on or tested by myself 'cause the chances are it will look or feel very different. If you shop with Q, then their written reviews are far better, with the star ratings, and being able to see at glance whether customers consider items of clothing are true to size etc.
Cardboard Richard is back having spent £18 on 3 bars of soap, cause he saw Jenny Wren's review. There's always a giggle to be had when CR's around. He said I'm using this soap to wash my, wait for it - hands! For a split second I thought he was gonna say he was gonna use it "down under" being an Aussie brand and all that! 😲 This illustrates perfectly what I've said in the last paragraph. I need to know why I would want to spend £18 on soap - what does it smell like, how does it lather up, how does it leave your skin feeling, does it go slimy, does it crack, how long does the bar last? It's absolutely useless just telling us that "I've just spent £18 on soap and I'm gonna wash my hands with it" To be fair he did say it made him feel clean & fresh, but that's hardly a revelation. You can achieve freshness and cleanliness with a 50p bar of soap!

Finally I just caught a comment made by Hyacinth on her stripey t-shirt review. "I hope this war doesn't escalate or it might (her cruise) be cancelled"! 😲 :mad: I have no words!
I thought the same thing about Hyacinth's comments .....🇺🇦

I agree that most of the posts are pointless as they aren’t reviews. Talking about a product they haven’t actually used is no help to anyone. I have seen one lady, Plain Jane, do a decent review of a hoody in which she talked about the fabric and sizing which is useful for anyone considering buying it. However reviews like that one seem to be very few and far between.
I think the people who are already influencers could be hoping for freebies to review on their own social media accounts or to get affiliate links, so they get a payment for anyone who goes uses their link to click through to QVC and purchase the item in question.

Hyacinth's comments on the war are just so incredibly selfish and self indulgent 🇺🇦
Unbelievably so! Thoughts like this are most certainly best kept to oneself. How dare she speak of this war, (or any war for that matter) as no more than a potential inconvenience to herself! Hyacinth - go and count your tatty clothes, and your blessings whilst you're there!

People like this cannot see beyond the end of their noses, totally ignorant, this sort of comment does not surprise me at all.

I think I have seen your comment, is it our thoughts are with those affected? Clicked the red heart.Honestly is there any hope for someone like this that drones on about a silly tee shirt?Then there are the usual sycophantic remarks from the clones.

I think I have seen your comment, is it our thoughts are with those affected? Clicked the red heart.Honestly is there any hope for someone like this that drones on about a silly tee shirt?Then there are the usual sycophantic remarks from the clones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-124333_Qurio.jpg
    Screenshot_20220226-124333_Qurio.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 116
Hyacinth is reviewing her ‘bargains’ which include a dress which she is going to wear as a beach coverup ( no doubt round the ‘pool’ on the cruise) did she mention the cruise? Garment cost £14 but the P&P was £3.95! They seem to overlook that.I have only been on one very short small ship cruise and if she is at all typical of the clientele I definitely will not be anywhere near.I would jump overboard and I can’t swim.

Just checked that out - and 😱 she must’ve said it about 10 times. She didn’t really tell us anything about the shoes that we couldn’t see for ourselves , didn’t show them on, or even remove the cardboard shapers, so a pretty pointless review. Gotta be in it to win it I suppose. Hyacinth’s treated herself to yet another top and about 5 new pairs of trousers. Yes, we get it you’re going on a cruise next blinking January- if she’s boring us with it now, we’ve potentially got another 10 months of this, and lord knows what she’ll be like afterwards?! If she buys any more clobber she’ll sink the flaming ship!
No being funny but sick of hearing mrs bucket rambling on about her cruise she’s planned what she will be wearing for every occasion on and off the ship from sitting in the jacuzzi to sightseeing and she doesn’t go till next year 😩

At least we can turn her off, pity her friends and relatives who have it 24/7
From what I can see from her latest posting, that's what her fellow Qurioites have done, It's been up for 24 hours and there's only 1 comment. Could be anything to do with the Russian faux pas, or are people simply bored listening to her banging on about her cruise?!
She ain't the sharpest tool in the box is she? So self absorbed and convinced that people are interested in everything she has to say and show, that she pans across her email inbox showing her full name, home town, and the booking reference for her cruise. Good flaming job she didn't display her full address too! Which I imagine wouldn't be too difficult to find. Hey folks, our house is gonna be empty for 4 months from January 2022 -Fill yer boots! Joking aside I think quite a lot of burglars would turn their nose up at some of her stuff!
Doesn't Cardboard Richard look cute in the still photo for his ABC purchase?....awww bless him, he looks so happy!

I think it is inevitable that people will wonder if travel plans in Europe would be disrupted. I think she could have added that travel is irrelevant when life, liberty and a country's very existence are at stake!
I cannot bear to watch the news for the sorrow it brings, but I can't ignore it either. Small doses 🇺🇦

I think it is inevitable that people will wonder if travel plans in Europe would be disrupted. I think she could have added that travel is irrelevant when life, liberty and a country's very existence are at stake!
I cannot bear to watch the news for the sorrow it brings, but I can't ignore it either. Small doses 🇺🇦
But she didn't! I actually don't blame her for worrying, it's human nature, but sometimes ones thoughts are best kept to oneself, especially when you're talking to people you don't know.

From what I can see from her latest posting, that's what her fellow Qurioites have done, It's been up for 24 hours and there's only 1 comment. Could be anything to do with the Russian faux pas, or are people simply bored listening to her banging on about her cruise?!
She ain't the sharpest tool in the box is she? So self absorbed and convinced that people are interested in everything she has to say and show, that she pans across her email inbox showing her full name, home town, and the booking reference for her cruise. Good flaming job she didn't display her full address too! Which I imagine wouldn't be too difficult to find. Hey folks, our house is gonna be empty for 4 months from January 2022 -Fill yer boots! Joking aside I think quite a lot of burglars would turn their nose up at some of her stuff!
Doesn't Cardboard Richard look cute in the still photo for his ABC purchase?....awww bless him, he looks so happy!
Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't she the lady who showed everyone a pile of qvc invoices around Christmas time. If so she definitely exposed her home address when she did that???

Latest posts

Back