Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see that Ruth and Jackie are really pushing the ‘we are all a gang, our ladies’‘etc. Encouraging lots of interaction with viewers, reading out more and more tweets, showing pictures that adoring fans send in, let’s all have a drink together, and making gullible people think Ruth and Jackie are their personal friends. It’s becoming their own version of the Qurio ap !
Yes saw a bit of them last night as I was waiting for Masterchef! They do promote this ‘all pals together’ approach, however, slight detour Ruth’s attempt at explaining Jaquard as a weave? Not sure but me thinks it is a knit in this case.Small point but she is trying to come over as a Fashion/ Textile expert & is on a wing and a prayer.

I’m so tempted to post a comment on some of those Qurio posts, but I don’t think I’d better do that. 😉
Oh go on, something along the lines of ’don’t be so b***** stupid, does money grow on trees? You have an obsession with all things QVC it needs urgent attention before the debt collectors come knocking at the door’ —end.

I agree with all three of you but can't find any sympathy for her; she may have been overindulged since the day she was born & posting on this app is just another chapter in her materialistic existence.
My thoughts exactly ,I did comment on qurio to Erika stating that her house must be bursting at the seams with qvc stuff but she replied saying she only bought stuff she needed and presents for Christmas although it was all for her in a long drawn out answer that I think I might have touched a nerve seeing as she has bought about 106 items in the past few wee so no I don’t feel sorry for any of them,

I hope they are at home all day to take in these parcels.

Most of our cul de sac neighbours have been buying like things processed this past 18 months and Ofcourse it has ramped up during Christmas shopping. We have always been ok with taking in parcels but it’s sort of getting beyond a joke now. Yesterday Mr L took in 8 and I’ve done 2 already despite being out most of the morning. I think what has got to him is that they are now putting our name and address as an alternative delivery point despite not having the decency to ask first. The problem is watching out for their return and taking them down the road especially if it’s bucketing. Most for next door are addressed to their daughter who moved to her own home 2 years ago!

The problem is watching out for their return and taking them down the road especially if it’s bucketing. Most for next door are addressed to their daughter who moved to her own home 2 years ago!
I don't take them to my neighbours, I just wait for them to collect them.

There are people who have an addictive personalty so drink, drugs, gambling, shopping or even sex.

It starts out as a bit of fun, then they just cannot stop themselves. Something missing in their lives, and they try to fill it by filling in with whatever they are addicted to. I know on Basenotes many with very large number of bottles of perfume we are talking 200+, just say they are collectors. A friend used to collect Snow babies ornaments she had 3 cabinets of them, oh there is a new one out and buy it. Then her husband who had been drinking bumped into one cabinet and smashed the ones in it. She just stopped collecting telling me her heart was broken by the damage done.
It may be that many, if not most of us, have some degree of this, small children definitely do; our younger daughter adored Jungle Book & wore out three videos from perpetual viewing. At one point I had 40+ lipsticks, I have a copy of every Miss Read book, watch the same Christmas films every year, can't resist buying a new hellebore & have antenna that twitch whenever someone puts a 1980s Laura Ashley dress for sale on eBay or Etsy. A BIG however, I can control what I buy & I'm not on a never-ending roller coaster.

It may be that many, if not most of us, have some degree of this, small children definitely do; our younger daughter adored Jungle Book & wore out three videos from perpetual viewing. At one point I had 40+ lipsticks, I have a copy of every Miss Read book, watch the same Christmas films every year, can't resist buying a new hellebore & have antenna that twitch whenever someone puts a 1980s Laura Ashley dress for sale on eBay or Etsy. A BIG however, I can control what I buy & I'm not on a never-ending roller coaster.
I can't remember ever being focused on certain products/brands and have never been into collecting things, my problem that is just I bought too much stuff across the board. Anything new or innovative, I had to buy it. With clothes I'd see something I liked and buy it regardless of whether I actually needed it, never considered whether it would go with anything else in my wardrobe, or if I was ever likely to wear it. Jewellery - the same, and it was mostly junk. Last year I mentioned how I got shot of my wall mounted jewellery hanger lock stock and barrel as instead of looking quirky and interesting it was cluttered and dusty. I kept about 2 items which over the years have been literally the only ones I reached for on a regular basis.
My problems with the shopping channels were that I would be easily converted, I'd see something and not immediately be wowed by it, but after listening to the spiel would be convinced that I needed to order it now! My Ashford leather handbag was the last example I have of that, I looked at it, thought it looked too small and wasn't that sure I liked it, but after about 20 minutes, it was big enough and I loved it - It was awful and I should've returned it immediately, instead I tried using it, but I ended up loathing it, so I donated it - Lesson learned and thankfully I've not slipped since!
Lola's latest has revealed that she works in construction - Good on her, and I would think that this would make her a high earner. I can understand slightly more her obsession with make up and jewellery etc being in what could be a pretty unglamorous job. Sadly though she's possibly influencing people who aren't in her financial position to follow suit. Having said that, even if she can well afford these things - she has a massive shopping disorder, which if she's not careful could lead her into hoarders home territory if nothing else. She does need to get a grip!

I’m not joining, I think it would stress and worry me too much.
Though thinking in the case of Lola Rose what about an email to Nikki to ask for her thoughts.
Seeing she has received her MBE for services to the jewellery industry, how does she feel regarding concerns of someones purchasing habits and this encouragement to others.

I do shop more at this time of year, as many of us do, but I am trying to do my shopping with a clear purpose. I think it's easy to lose sight of why you bought something and who or what it's for, when you buy so much in a short space of time.

I hope they are at home all day to take in these parcels.

Most of our cul de sac neighbours have been buying like things processed this past 18 months and Ofcourse it has ramped up during Christmas shopping. We have always been ok with taking in parcels but it’s sort of getting beyond a joke now. Yesterday Mr L took in 8 and I’ve done 2 already despite being out most of the morning. I think what has got to him is that they are now putting our name and address as an alternative delivery point despite not having the decency to ask first. The problem is watching out for their return and taking them down the road especially if it’s bucketing. Most for next door are addressed to their daughter who moved to her own home 2 years ago!
I think I would unless expecting something, would stop answering the door.

I’m not joining, I think it would stress and worry me too much.
Though thinking in the case of Lola Rose what about an email to Nikki to ask for her thoughts.
Seeing she has received her MBE for services to the jewellery industry, how does she feel regarding concerns of someones purchasing habits and this encouragement to others.
It’s all about Lola she just can’t do a review without mentioning her big boobs and how she loves a bit of cleavage whether it’s a review about clothing or jewellery borrrriinnggg

I don't know about anyone else but I think if I were to receive 5 parcels in one day (and it's not Christmas presents from the catalogue), just the sight of them stacked up would jolt me into some kind of reality check - especially when the stuff's all from Q and £20 or more of your spend is for the cardboard boxes/plastic bags . I'd also feel rather embarrassed if the postman/woman came a knocking every day - I wonder if they ever make any comments - again I think that'd give me a jolt. I don't know what it's gonna take to wake these people up!

I find it a bit creepy that whatever Nicola is reviewing she’s always touching herself. It hardly allows the ‘viewer’ to concentrate. Her postman must be exhausted because she seems to be getting multiple parcels most days. 😳

I find it a bit creepy that whatever Nicola is reviewing she’s always touching herself. It hardly allows the ‘viewer’ to concentrate. Her postman must be exhausted because she seems to be getting multiple parcels most days. 😳
Exactly what I think she comes across that she loves herself too much not a good look at all 😕

Lola Lady is showing off these bunting necklaces which she mentioned she gets more ‘gold’ & ’silver’ pieces from the LR website!! So that is another spending channel.They are far too short for her as she admits chunky neck and IMO look as though they come out of a really cheap cracker, but hey, reduced to around £29! The thing is for the amount she is spending on these bits and pieces of tat she could have had some serious special piece/s.
On the other matter yes I agree all this preening when showing the clothes,boobs,cleavage and the like is a tad strange.Then the sycophants reply to say how lovely, of course they do!

I don`t read Qurio but from what I`ve read on here I bet a psychiatrist would have a field day with some of the people mentioned.
I think some people live in a constant state of reward or replacement.
Things along the line of " I`ve worked hard today so I`ll buy something"
I`m bored/lonely/fedup so I`ll buy something to cheer me up.
I haven`t spoken to anybody all day so I`ll buy something.
I`ve finished all my housework so I`ll buy something.
I`ve done X, Y or Z so I deserve to buy something and so on and so on.
I never had new shoes when I was a kid so now I own 30 pairs or my friend has 12 bracelets so I want 13 or I earn £x per month so I need to show how much I can afford to spend and so on.
They either seem to justify rewarding themselves or replacing something missing from their lives or personalities.
Quite often people do the same with their kids. They buy them stuff to replace what`s really missing whether its time spent with them or a lack of interest in them or whatever it may be.
Then of course we have the people I call magpies. Let`s face it nobody needs 15 bottles of bodywash or 200 Kipling bags or 12 jars of face cream etc etc but they see it, want it, have it, stash it away, often forget about it and then move onto whatever catches their eye next. Sometimes they buy it so they can actually say they managed to get it when other people didn`t.
Of course there are the hard core addicts, an illness in itself and those people are so far down the line they simply can`t help themselves and like many illnesses it makes them feel worse not better. They`re the ones who really do need professional help and who`se habits affect every part of their life plus every part of their family`s life.
All in all it seems there are many different reasons why people do what they do and maybe just maybe it`s all about greed ? We have everything material we actually need but we still want more, we SHOULD be satisfied but we never are, we don`t see actual money change hands so it`s just numbers on a screen, we have £x overdraft limit so we make sure we spend it, we live by the religion of plastic, plastic credit card, plastic goods, plastic life spent on social media. We are greedy for likes, invisible friends, notoriety whether it be for good or bad reasons, greedy for attention. Just totally dissatisfied with life and greedy for more. Who knows ? I certainly don`t !

Lola Lady is showing off these bunting necklaces which she mentioned she gets more ‘gold’ & ’silver’ pieces from the LR website!! So that is another spending channel.They are far too short for her as she admits chunky neck and IMO look as though they come out of a really cheap cracker, but hey, reduced to around £29! The thing is for the amount she is spending on these bits and pieces of tat she could have had some serious special piece/s.
On the other matter yes I agree all this preening when showing the clothes,boobs,cleavage and the like is a tad strange.Then the sycophants reply to say how lovely, of course they do!
I saw that - The first one she unwrapped she said was for a teenager (of 12) so not a teenager then but that's me being picky. I thought yes, that's quite a sweet present, and it would've been if she'd left it at that, but no, she had to get one for herself despite literally drowning in necklaces! Anyway, the one she'd ordered for herself arrived in a damaged box - thank God it was the one for me and not the present. I actually wonder had it been the other way around she'd have had the nous to swap the boxes?! Either way a damaged presentation box is unacceptable, so another example of Q's shoddiness that she's prepared to let fly!

Latest posts

Back