Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Continuing the torch / QVC addiction - -

You need the 12 step program.
1. See a sale post or email
2. Debate with yourself if you actually need another torch.
3. Convince yourself you do.
4. Check available funds.
5. Scan through website pre sale and spot what you like.
6. Scan through again to make sure.
7. Put stuff in basket in preparation for sale start.
8. Take stuff out of basket.
9. Repeat steps 5-7.
10. Watch the timer.
11. Sale starts and you hit buy!
12. Pray its not Hermes
😂

This is Qurio for torch addicts - - - -

View attachment 22829

I had no idea that there were so many torches available & that the prices were sooooo high.

Why, what's occurring?
Just the usual - something along the lines of I received 5 parcels today, then another I don’t know what this is I can’t remember what I’ve ordered, I ordered this vanity case cause it’s cheap..I don’t need one cause I’ve got loads but it’s only gonna cost me £2 for the next 4 months!!!
I might be completely out of order saying this, but I’m starting to find this quite sickening- watching someone flaunting all her shitty purchases that she doesn’t need, and I dare say doesn’t want when there are hardworking people out there who are struggling to be able to put food on their tables. Of course it’s not her fault, or any of the other spendthrifts who use the app for that matter. Shopping is not an achievement and definitely not something that needs to be celebrated and flaunted. Advertising is one thing- exploitation is another. Again I’ll end this rant with my finger firmly pointed at Q for using people who clearly have problems as puppets!

Just the usual - something along the lines of I received 5 parcels today, then another I don’t know what this is I can’t remember what I’ve ordered, I ordered this vanity case cause it’s cheap..I don’t need one cause I’ve got loads but it’s only gonna cost me £2 for the next 4 months!!!
I might be completely out of order saying this, but I’m starting to find this quite sickening- watching someone flaunting all her shitty purchases that she doesn’t need, and I dare say doesn’t want when there are hardworking people out there who are struggling to be able to put food on their tables. Of course it’s not her fault, or any of the other spendthrifts who use the app for that matter. Shopping is not an achievement and definitely not something that needs to be celebrated and flaunted. Advertising is one thing- exploitation is another. Again I’ll end this rant with my finger firmly pointed at Q for using people who clearly have problems as puppets!
🤣

So what will happen over the holidays when there will be no deliveries? So Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Not sure about Tuesday as Xmas is over the weekend, and they are letting staff off Monday and perhaps Tuesday.

Will there be nervous breakdowns as no QVC parcels arriving to open and show off? Will the UK be shaking by an earthquake which is really Qurio addicts hyperventilating?

So what will happen over the holidays when there will be no deliveries? So Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Not sure about Tuesday as Xmas is over the weekend, and they are letting staff off Monday and perhaps Tuesday.

Will there be nervous breakdowns as no QVC parcels arriving to open and show off? Will the UK be shaking by an earthquake which is really Qurio addicts hyperventilating?
Just seen Nicola aka Lola unboxing something she ordered but hadn’t a clue what it was so it was going to be a big surprise omg it’s Molton brown shower gel I love love love love rhubarb and rose she says it’s like an aphrodisiac she’says I’m so turned on by this fragrance 😬I have noticed every other qurio lady leaves lovely comments for her but she never comments on other posts 🤔

Just seen Nicola aka Lola unboxing something she ordered but hadn’t a clue what it was so it was going to be a big surprise omg it’s Molton brown shower gel I love love love love rhubarb and rose she says it’s like an aphrodisiac she’says I’m so turned on by this fragrance 😬I have noticed every other qurio lady leaves lovely comments for her but she never comments on other posts 🤔
That says a lot about her.

Considering Nicola often says she’s posting a video before or after work, she must have a lot of spare time on her hands, plus huge cupboards to store all her purchases (although she seems to send a fair amount back.)

I also didn’t really need to know that she’d had a C section, but I guess she wanted to share that gem with everyone. 🙄

I bet these people have got a mountain of unused goods. My suggestion. Here in the Borders there is an appeal for christmas gift donations for disadvantaged families whose kids might not get much. Over the last couple of days the appeal has been desperate for gifts suitable for teenagers. A lot of cast aside purchases could be put to good use here as teenage girls would surely like make up, jewellery, vanity cases, beauty products etc etc. There is surely the same appeal going on in every town and city in the UK. Why not just donate all those things you are never going to use, come to your senses and start afresh in the new year?

I'm not well off (because of my own spending I suppose) but I do donate things that are still unopened after a year and still usable, and I always put boxes of chocolates and christmas puddings in the food bank (they don't accept wine!), along with dog food and treats. Let's channel the excess to good use - that means YOU Qurio ladies.

CC

Continuing the torch / QVC addiction - -

You need the 12 step program.
1. See a sale post or email
2. Debate with yourself if you actually need another torch.
3. Convince yourself you do.
4. Check available funds.
5. Scan through website pre sale and spot what you like.
6. Scan through again to make sure.
7. Put stuff in basket in preparation for sale start.
8. Take stuff out of basket.
9. Repeat steps 5-7.
10. Watch the timer.
11. Sale starts and you hit buy!
12. Pray its not Hermes
😂
🤣🤣

Considering Nicola often says she’s posting a video before or after work, she must have a lot of spare time on her hands, plus huge cupboards to store all her purchases (although she seems to send a fair amount back.)

I also didn’t really need to know that she’d had a C section, but I guess she wanted to share that gem with everyone. 🙄
I heard her say that and nearly mentioned it as she said it was 10 years ago, so that would make her a mum of a 10 year old child - I sincerely hope that there's no tragedy involved as she doesn't appear to be a mum - perhaps she is but she prefers to talk about her spending - Who knows what's going on, or has gone on in these people's lives, but we "pick up on things" because we're normal caring human beings, unlike Q who don't care as long as they're paying. Q can virtue signal all they like, but in areas where they can really make a difference, they don't bother. Something as simple as a link to a mental health helpline, or a warning about the dangers of compulsive shopping would be a step in the right direction!

I bet these people have got a mountain of unused goods. My suggestion. Here in the Borders there is an appeal for christmas gift donations for disadvantaged families whose kids might not get much. Over the last couple of days the appeal has been desperate for gifts suitable for teenagers. A lot of cast aside purchases could be put to good use here as teenage girls would surely like make up, jewellery, vanity cases, beauty products etc etc. There is surely the same appeal going on in every town and city in the UK. Why not just donate all those things you are never going to use, come to your senses and start afresh in the new year?

I'm not well off (because of my own spending I suppose) but I do donate things that are still unopened after a year and still usable, and I always put boxes of chocolates and christmas puddings in the food bank (they don't accept wine!), along with dog food and treats. Let's channel the excess to good use - that means YOU Qurio ladies.

CC
That's a lovely idea and our workplace is spending our left over social club budget on a scheme such as this, as we've not been able to use it fully due to covid. Thing is with these lovely ladies, they would need to recognise that they don't need half of this stuff first, or they've simply got too much, but recognising this is half the battle, a battle where's there's only one winner = QVC!

Latest posts

Back