Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The very few times I’ve used EP is when it has been something expensive I haven’t been able to see in RL so that if it had to go back I only have to chase them for 1 instalment.
That was what I was thinking. But I would still be sure I can pay for the whole thing up front, even if I don't. That way there are no nasty surprises...

Hire purchase, paying by instalments, credit, the never never, on tick... Whatever it's called buying something & paying for it over a period of time has been around since the middle of the 19th century when Singer used it to tempt people to buy sewing machines. There have been articles in the media this year detailing concerns over the 'explosion' of BNPL services & the need to regulate them. Good luck with that!

I caught a few seconds of Del Boy inviting viewers to buy a jumper as a Christmas gift saying you would pay one instalment now and the final one in March! Imagine paying for Christmas along with the Easter eggs.

Even if you could afford to pay it all now but decide to let Q take the strain by using EP who, in the current situation , knows what their income position will be by March when all this unnecessary tat needs paying for.

I just bought a rechargeable torch :embarrassed:

But been waiting 3 days for the sale to start at 8pm today.

Supposed to be £21-95 but a limited quantity available in the sale, and only one per person, 77% off at £4-95. It sold out very quickly.

Not QVC, obviously.

Golden rule if you cannot afford it,don’t buy it not even on easy pay,plus only buy something if you really need it.
QURIO 😂😂😂
Which stands for Quickly U R In Overdraft. I'm quite happy to use my catalogue's bnpl scheme because I'm careful that I pay it all off before any interest kicks in, and you can pay off as little, or as much as you like, whenever you like. I'm also lucky enough to have enough in savings to pay off everything I owe if I needed to. I prefer this to using a credit card, as the credit card company decides how much you need to pay and when.
I think these "easy pays" are the most dangerous, especially when it comes to buying relatively low priced items. I believe that it tempts people to make unnecessary purchases and little extras which add up, and aren't that easy to keep track of. BNPL normally has a minimum spend in order to qualify, so for me, it works out perfectly for larger/more considered purchases, and of course Christmas. I'd prefer to be able to buy what I want outright, but I can't. I like to reserve my savings for proper home improvements and holidays abroad. I'm careful to top them up every month too - Far more worthwhile than frittering it away on little fancies!

I just bought a rechargeable torch :embarrassed:

But been waiting 3 days for the sale to start at 8pm today.

Supposed to be £21-95 but a limited quantity available in the sale, and only one per person, 77% off at £4-95. It sold out very quickly.

Not QVC, obviously.
Was meant to be in the "What have you bought?" thread.

Which stands for Quickly U R In Overdraft. I'm quite happy to use my catalogue's bnpl scheme because I'm careful that I pay it all off before any interest kicks in, and you can pay off as little, or as much as you like, whenever you like. I'm also lucky enough to have enough in savings to pay off everything I owe if I needed to. I prefer this to using a credit card, as the credit card company decides how much you need to pay and when.
I think these "easy pays" are the most dangerous, especially when it comes to buying relatively low priced items. I believe that it tempts people to make unnecessary purchases and little extras which add up, and aren't that easy to keep track of. BNPL normally has a minimum spend in order to qualify, so for me, it works out perfectly for larger/more considered purchases, and of course Christmas. I'd prefer to be able to buy what I want outright, but I can't. I like to reserve my savings for proper home improvements and holidays abroad. I'm careful to top them up every month too - Far more worthwhile than frittering it away on little fancies!
My sister has always called the Q 'Quick, Visa card'.

We went to Malvern today; a midday lunch then 40 minutes to fill before I went to see David Suchet. My Mr T suggested going into my favourite shop, I knew that I'd buy things that I didn't need & walked on the other side of the road 😇
Love Malvern and the Hills .Watched on BBC ‘Countryside‘ last night brought back some memories.Last time I was there we went to a lovely pub, well restaurant had a lovely meal outside looking onto the Malvern Hills.Once thought of moving down there but stayed North & came to the seaside instead.

Panorama tonight 7.35pm BBC 1, Buy Now Pay Later: The New Debt Crisis. About companies like Klama (sp) and how the retails encourage people to use them.
I'm out this evening but will be watching on catch up as soon as I can, one can hope that the shopping channels get a mention (one in particular anyway) but doubtful. They're far from being alone in using this sort of thing, but as far as I can see, they're the only ones that voice it, and promote it to the degree that they do. Should be interesting and very shocking. I'm sure that we'll be shown a few examples of people that make our lovely ladies look like amateurs!

Lola's in a pickle 'cause she's just reordered a jumpsuit, that's pretty identical to the 50 others she's got to find that it's too big. The one she returned was too small, and this one's too big "What shall I do?" - Really?!
Anyway enough of Lola for now - I had a little thought and that's Charlie bears - How long will it be until a CB fan discovers curio?! Cue rooms that are top to bottom with the scary critters! Don't get me wrong I love a teddy bear as much as the next person, but en mass they're a little bit creepy!
Another "lovely lady" is disappointed with her L'occitane baubles - The contents are really tiny - No $hit Sherlock! The bath foams are only 35ml and I was expecting them to be 75ml, did she not see the demo, cause she definitely didn't read the blurb on the website!

Last edited:
Erika (the Hispanic lady) has made 113 videos in 9 months - WTF she must have a :poop: load of money, not to mention time 🙄
I think what shocks me as much, the most actually is not sheer amount of purchases these people make - it's what they're buying.. Let's say you need a new hairdryer (maybe not a Dyson) Q have it at a decent price, so you buy it, it works and you're happy - end of. The same can be said of a lot of items Q sell. It's the clothes that get me - Ideally you need to try things on before you buy them, and you really have to be lucky 'cause sizes can vary wildly, not only that, how many times have you picked up an dress in a shop, tried it on, it fits, but it just doesn't suit you? You put it back on the rail, nothing lost, nothing gained. Q's postage is ridiculous and on a clearance item, you could easily find that it represents a third of the actual price so a false economy to return it. Lessons aren't being learned - I'm shocked to think of how much people are prepared to spend in order to get something that fits properly. I hate, hate, hate the idea of being able to wear a garment for 2 months and then send it back - not particularly nice or hygienic. Only last year if you returned anything to a shop, the item had to be quarantined. How horrible it must be to receive a pair of obviously used sandals, Lord knows who's smelly trotters have been inside them for the past few weeks

To be honest, I’m surprised that QVC send used items out to customers. They make enough money to be able to afford to recycle them or dispose of them. I personally don’t know of any other company that sends out used goods. The ones that I use certainly don’t. The stories about teabags in handbags, plus more gross reports, is one reason my spending with QVC is now negligible.

Even Ideal World, who get regularly slated, send out brand new clothes, complete with attached labels. They state that you should only try shoes out in the house and should return them within 14 days. I don’t know about anyone else but I know immediately whether a pair of shoes is suitable and, if they’re not, they’re put back in the box within five minutes. So, in my opinion, there is no reason for people to wear shoes for weeks and to then return them saying that they’re unsuitable.

Erika (the Hispanic lady) has made 113 videos in 9 months - WTF she must have a :poop: load of money, not to mention time 🙄
Omg think I am addicted to Qurio 😂 it’s so surreal these women must be up their necks in debt especially Erika it’s become a contest now to see how many reviews they can do i read the reviews first and then the forum some comments hilarious love it.

Lola's in a pickle 'cause she's just reordered a jumpsuit, that's pretty identical to the 50 others she's got to find that it's too big. The one she returned was too small, and this one's too big "What shall I do?" - Really?!
Anyway enough of Lola for now - I had a little thought and that's Charlie bears - How long will it be until a CB fan discovers curio?! Cue rooms that are top to bottom with the scary critters! Don't get me wrong I love a teddy bear as much as the next person, but en mass they're a little bit creepy!
Another "lovely lady" is disappointed with her L'occitane baubles - The contents are really tiny - No $hit Sherlock! The bath foams are only 35ml and I was expecting them to be 75ml, did she not see the demo, cause she definitely didn't read the blurb on the website!
Think Lola’s got a bit of competition jo jos back in town and (how very dare she )reviewing Lola rose items ,notice these 2 never comment on each other’s reviews but Erika jumps first in to comment on everyone’s bit of rivalry me thinks 🤣

QURIO Lovely ladies times ticking🕛away get in quick 😂😂😂
Qurio community have just been upgraded from lovely ladies to my darling friends 🤣

Latest posts

Back