Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a Yankee Candle used about 1/4 of a large candle (it had zero scent) and did not use the rest of the set and was told they would not give me a full refund as I used to much.
I’d have rung them up for a returns label and told them they were being returned as they were faulty. If a candle has zero scent then, imo, it IS faulty. They could then have flogged your return and sold it to one of the people on Qurio. 😉

Oh for the last couple of weeks keeps banging on about the HC velvetiser - I've already bought his xmas present, but I know if I did buy him this, he'd be thrilled and probably more thrilled with what I've actually got him...mmm what to do? I have choices - I could completely spoil him and add it to his pressie, or I could give him his xmas present on his birthday instead which is at the beginning of March so not too long to wait. I'd rather give anything electrical sooner rather than later just in case it's faulty, so were I to buy the velvetiser I'd give it to him for Christmas.
Where to buy? More choices. Right there's Q (not that I would on principle) it's still full price at £110 + £4.95 p&p, the same as everywhere else, you get the two cups, some sachets, but unlike everywhere else you get two nice looking copper containers for your sachets (I don't need them so that doesn't sway it for me anyway). I could buy it from them and oh could be disappointed with it, so yes I could get £110 back. Not sure how much return postage would be, could be a tenner or more and spending £15 on nothing doesn't sit right with me and never will, and neither does sending used goods back to be sent out to somebody else.
Catalogue - It's down to £95 in line with most other retailers at the moment. I can do click and collect free from a shop which is a couple of mins down the road from work. As it's over £50 I can defer payment for 6 months. However if disappointing I'm stuck with it. Saying that I've never bought anything purely on the premise of being able to return it. Obviously there's a good chance we'll love it. Still undecided. Boy I wish he hadn't mentioned it!!!!! He spoiled me absolutely rotten for my birthday recently, so I don't begrudge this extra pressie
Tying this in with this thread, I can see how people see the mbg as a safeguard and how it makes people so free with their money and blind to any extra costs. I would rather buy something I know I'll love/need/want.
I don't want a velvetiser, I certainly don't need a velvetiser but I "might" love it! OH really does though and he really deserves a treat! Catalogue it is then - bugger Q's 4 easy pays, I've got longer to find the money

Oh for the last couple of weeks keeps banging on about the HC velvetiser - I've already bought his xmas present, but I know if I did buy him this, he'd be thrilled and probably more thrilled with what I've actually got him...mmm what to do? I have choices - I could completely spoil him and add it to his pressie, or I could give him his xmas present on his birthday instead which is at the beginning of March so not too long to wait. I'd rather give anything electrical sooner rather than later just in case it's faulty, so were I to buy the velvetiser I'd give it to him for Christmas.
Where to buy? More choices. Right there's Q (not that I would on principle) it's still full price at £110 + £4.95 p&p, the same as everywhere else, you get the two cups, some sachets, but unlike everywhere else you get two nice looking copper containers for your sachets (I don't need them so that doesn't sway it for me anyway). I could buy it from them and oh could be disappointed with it, so yes I could get £110 back. Not sure how much return postage would be, could be a tenner or more and spending £15 on nothing doesn't sit right with me and never will, and neither does sending used goods back to be sent out to somebody else.
Catalogue - It's down to £95 in line with most other retailers at the moment. I can do click and collect free from a shop which is a couple of mins down the road from work. As it's over £50 I can defer payment for 6 months. However if disappointing I'm stuck with it. Saying that I've never bought anything purely on the premise of being able to return it. Obviously there's a good chance we'll love it. Still undecided. Boy I wish he hadn't mentioned it!!!!! He spoiled me absolutely rotten for my birthday recently, so I don't begrudge this extra pressie
Tying this in with this thread, I can see how people see the mbg as a safeguard and how it makes people so free with their money and blind to any extra costs. I would rather buy something I know I'll love/need/want.
I don't want a velvetiser, I certainly don't need a velvetiser but I "might" love it! OH really does though and he really deserves a treat! Catalogue it is then - bugger Q's 4 easy pays, I've got longer to find the money
If you order it directly from Hotel C and use discount code HCASOS4 at checkout you`ll get 25% off cos its over £80 and it will be £79.95 delivered. Have just tested it and it works.

If you order it directly from Hotel C and use discount code HCASOS4 at checkout you`ll get 25% off cos its over £80 and it will be £79.95 delivered. Have just tested it and it works.
Blimey that's really not bad, unfortunately I haven't really got enough readies until payday, though I probably could stretch. I've gone and had a look and as far as I can see, their starter kit doesn't include any sachets to get you started. There was a deal for money off sachets so I applied that, and also applied the code you gave me. It works out at £89.95, so on balance for the sake of an extra fiver, I'll not have to struggle for the rest of the month, so for me, my catalouge's the better option. Had the starter set direct from HC had the sachets included I'd have gone for it! Thanks though!

I’d have rung them up for a returns label and told them they were being returned as they were faulty. If a candle has zero scent then, imo, it IS faulty. They could then have flogged your return and sold it to one of the people on Qurio. 😉
I called them with problems with a YK TSV some time ago regarding no scent of the small candles. I was given a refund & told to keep the 6 piece set too.

I fancy a Slatkin Candle on 4 EP. Am I being a lovely lady? I don't need it but we're home for Christmas and it would be nice. Please talk me out of it.

CC
I'm sure you're a lovely lady (but not one of those!) - but just don't! I don't know whether you've bought HS candles before, I have, and here's what I thought. I bought a tsv last year. I think I paid about £40 in total for 3 enormous candles in attractive lidded jars. I thought I'd find a use of the empty jars - I didn't, they ended up in the charity donation bag. I gave one of the candles to a friend for xmas, she said it was lovely but then, was she being polite? because one of the candles in the set smelled so sickly and sweet it literally did make me feel a little queasy, oh also commented negatively on the smell of the damned thing. The other one was pretty nice, but not so amazing I'd seek to buy it again. Hope this has helped!

I fancy a Slatkin Candle on 4 EP. Am I being a lovely lady? I don't need it but we're home for Christmas and it would be nice. Please talk me out of it.

CC
Think of it as being the same as setting fire to your money. I know you’ll have the containers left at the end, but are they worth the price you’ll have paid?

That’s my feeble attempt to talk you out of it. 😉 If you do buy them, then enjoy. 🙂

I bought a Yankee Candle used about 1/4 of a large candle (it had zero scent) and did not use the rest of the set and was told they would not give me a full refund as I used to much.
Your joking? I'd of rang again and speak someone else. Charlie has just said on air burn this yc for 4 or 5 weeks and return if you want?

There is a Panorama programme on BBC1 tomorrow evening, listed in my tv mag.
'Buy now pay later: the new debt crisis?'
investigating companies such as Klarna and Clearpay. so not Q related, but might be interesting.

I never use easy pay, if I can't afford it I don't buy it, but appreciate some find them useful for certain things.

There is a Panorama programme on BBC1 tomorrow evening, listed in my tv mag.
'Buy now pay later: the new debt crisis?'
investigating companies such as Klarna and Clearpay. so not Q related, but might be interesting.

I never use easy pay, if I can't afford it I don't buy it, but appreciate some find them useful for certain things.
Thanks so much, will watch!

Latest posts

Back