Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmmm, just had an email to say my Ninja cooker is on the way - a hefty price point as well. I have the money set aside but it's now made me question whether I really need it. To be honest I always have had a halogen oven/mini oven on the go, which we use for almost everything and our main cooker is hardly used bar the hob, so this will be used. However, our current mini oven is still going so do I need to spend another £300? The good thing is we can use it over Christmas and if it is a case of "so so" then I really will return it. Please someone remind me in January what I said lol.

CC

I guess that those who appear on Qurio are simply after their “15 minutes of fame” although some are posting videos so often they must be in the running for an Oscar. 😉
Is that what it is though Toril? Do people really just want to appear on video or hope they'll appear on QVC (like Jackie and Ruth's show?) Or are they trying to justify their addiction (because that's what it is let's face it).

CC

Is that what it is though Toril? Do people really just want to appear on video or hope they'll appear on QVC (like Jackie and Ruth's show?) Or are they trying to justify their addiction (because that's what it is let's face it).

CC

I was only guessing at their wanting their 15 minutes of fame, probably because I would never want to appear on camera reviewing something. It opens them to being judged, whatever their reasons are for doing it. If they have got a shopping addiction they probably don’t realise that they have. It takes others to realise it.

I’ve left written reviews on QVC but there’s no way I’d talk to the camera. Maybe that’s because I’ve had a lot of photos taken in the past, when I did some modelling for a photographic student, but now I prefer to be behind the lens rather than in front of it.

A shopping addict never admits they have a problem (as with any addiction people don’t think they have a problem until it’s to late)this is the most important thread on this forum for highlighting the problems with this app.
Anyone doubting the postings,should pop over to the app and see for themselves.
It puts other threads like Chunts coming back for example, as simply not relevant or an important topic to discuss in the real world.

A shopping addict never admits they have a problem (as with any addiction people don’t think they have a problem until it’s to late)this is the most important thread on this forum for highlighting the problems with this app.
Anyone doubting the postings,should pop over to the app and see for themselves.
It puts other threads like Chunts coming back for example, as simply not relevant or an important topic to discuss in the real world.
I wouldn't say that other threads aren't relevant, variety is the spice of this forum as it is of life..however, yes the issue is very important, but I think we're largely preaching to the converted here. If there are any folk who read this forum who are a bit worried about their spending with Q, or anywhere else for that matter - agreed, it would be wise move to take a look because I defy anybody not to be shocked a little bit horrified!
The lady who I'd consider has the biggest problem (though there are a few contenders and numbers are rising) has been complaining about the quality of some her purchases and that she's very disappointed with Q at the moment, nevertheless, she's shown no signs of slowing down. Yesterday I came that close to commenting "I'd take my custom elsewhere if I were you" and something about how good a customer she is and how they should show their appreciation, but somehow I couldn't bring myself around to do it.
Of course I put my suggestion to Q, which despite having a long reply, it was largely ignored. I was told that my suggestion would be forwarded to the relevant department, but I doubt this is true.
Like I said before I think it would be good if other people sent them a similar message, again it would probably do them no good, but it would be at least an inconvenience to them which can't be a bad thing!

Who would spend going up to £200 on Lola Rose pieces?It is only my opinion but they look very unremarkable, you would really think twice, even with unlimited resources that is a big spend, and probably just the tip of the iceburg.I don’t know what some of these people do for a living.

It's funny I've not thought about the letter for a while. A relative once received said letter 5 years ago. That was before we knew what the letter was.

Who would spend going up to £200 on Lola Rose pieces?It is only my opinion but they look very unremarkable, you would really think twice, even with unlimited resources that is a big spend, and probably just the tip of the iceburg.I don’t know what some of these people do for a living.
It's crazy in more ways than one imvho. Firstly I think they're extremely overpriced for what they are, and they are all pretty much a variation on the same theme - basically, you can't tell one from the other. I Really cannot see the point in having 300 practically identical necklaces. Just when are you gonna get the chance to wear them?, unless you wear them day in day out and to bed. Strangely enough unless Lola's actually reviewing a LR item, she's not wearing any of it. Each to their own of course, but I'd much rather have a few well chosen pieces, maybe one that's "blingy" but mostly neutrals that will enhance any outfit! My go to piece for the summer is a wooden bead necklace that I picked up for 1 Euro in Malta's equivalent of Poundland - Bargain!
I've wondered about the jobs/earnings etc. I only work part time and I usually have enough money for a few bits and bobs and fripperies throughout the month, she could easily be earning 4 times more money than me per month and could possibly put aside £800 - £1000 a month for QVC purchases. I'll never understand this sort of spending and maybe she, and many others can afford to spend like this, but sadly there'll be as many if not more who can't and are getting themselves deeper and deeper into debt!

Last edited:
Just think of the mortgage or pension you could be paying into, because when you get to my age that is what you want not wondering which of a vast wardrobe of LR you are going to wear! I do not believe some of these people are earning that sort of money.

Maybe Covid and the lockdowns mean that people haven’t wanted to go to the Post Office and so they have kept things they decided they didn’t really want. No doubt, if and when things settle down, there’ll be an influx of “the letter.”

One of the Qurio women has already sent three monsoon jumpsuits back because there’s apparently a fault in the material, so she might get one if she sends things back all the time. Mind you, why on earth someone would keep ordering the same item if they’re obviously faulty beggars belief. 😳

Maybe Covid and the lockdowns mean that people haven’t wanted to go to the Post Office and so they have kept things they decided they didn’t really want. No doubt, if and when things settle down, there’ll be an influx of “the letter.”

One of the Qurio women has already sent three monsoon jumpsuits back because there’s apparently a fault in the material, so she might get one if she sends things back all the time. Mind you, why on earth someone would keep ordering the same item if they’re obviously faulty beggars belief. 😳
I couldn't agree more! What I also find odd, is why nobody has suggested that she give up on the idea. If half of those reviews were on a different platform, I'm sure there'd be a fair few "bangs head on wall emojis" on display. I'd not like to think that anyone would receive nasty comments, but this lot are so obsessively in love with QVC, they are incapable of posting anything that isn't gushing, sycophantic, or in the least bit constructive. I'm seeing borderline mental illness across this site and the more I think about it, the more I realise that QVC can see this too and they couldn't give a $hit! It's beyond socially irresponsible!

Yes I think you're right because I read alot of reviews on qvc and so many people say hate this item but cannot be better to return or too heavy.

Latest posts

Back