questions you'd like to ask qvc and presenters..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alison Young - What's the rationale in your head when you have to come on and sell us X brand skincare and then next day it's another brand of skincare which you have to tell us is just as perfect for us.

and

Recently during Desert Island beauty with Pipa you alluded to not wanting to talk when you get home after a bad day at work. That really surprised me because I have never thought of you having bad days but I s'pose you must - what constitutes a bad day for you?

and

How and why did you ever get into the beauty Industry, You just don't seem the type.

To all the presenters:

How much do you know about a product before you come on and tell us it's a must have?

and

How do you hide your personal preferences and tell us it's all equally amazing?

To everybody but Jill Franks (who we all know can't do this.)

How do you keep track of what products you've said on air that you use?

and

How many of the products in the Desert Island Beauty hours was actually "real." and chosen by the presenter because they actually use it?

To Der Management

Why don't you make an effort to listen to your customers more?

and

Why does nobody reply to emails? That's really bad.

and

Why's QVC packaging so illogical?

and

Why do you tell us we can't cancel our orders because they're "in process" but then not despatch for another 3 days?

and finally

Is that home shown in the "careworker" promo spots actually her house?

Phew!

When you say " You can't find this cheaper on the High St or internet" have you not heard of Google?

Are you ever tempted to say " well ladies and gentlemen this product is rubbish"

Just how tiny is Richard "blooms the size of a dinner plate" Jackson? Not the size of my friggin dinner plates!!!!

Why are the videos on qvcuk.com still Microsoft Windows only? It's the 21st century and there are other operating systems and browsers.

Do all the QVC presenters have massive houses? These must do to find space for all the products they own

How many times does a presenter actually buy an item they said they would during the show after they finish presenting?

Does Julia R really do pilates or did I miss-hear and she actually does pies and lattes?

Can we have a 10% discount every time Julian mentions his granny?

Why can we not group items together and have a single P&P? What about offering a next full working day or named day delivery for those of us that cannot be at home waiting for a random delivery. Other suppliers manage this!

What happened to Greg and Max? Any chance of a reunion show? I wonder if they are married and have kids these days? (this question is not a real one)

Stuart

you're all spot on (and so witty!!)....

I'd ask them how they can drone on and on about the same ole carp day in day out....surely they must be sick of it by now! (is the pay really that good to suffer the tideum??)

I'd also ask them why we never see them wearing any of the "beautiful" garments they harp on about....

do they get paid by how much they sell - are they on commission - why do they seem over the moon if the tsv sells out and go on to congratulate each other and clap hands when it does? Surely its meant to last all day and if it sells out,they didn't buy enough...hardly a reason to be soooo excited....does the presenter get more if it sells out in their hour?

Do they cut short a tsv if its really not popular and say its sold out when it hasn't?And then try and rake back some money by doing OTO's

What are your real thoughts about telephone callers?

When are you getting your hair cut short, Jilly?

Do you wear QVC clothes out of work, if so, for a bet?

Do you give your freebees away as Christmas presents?

Do you laugh all the way to the bank?

When you say " You can't find this cheaper on the High St or internet" have you not heard of Google?

Are you ever tempted to say " well ladies and gentlemen this product is rubbish"

During a L'Occitane show recently it was said that you could not buy cheaper, did not even have to use Google but just went to the L'occitane website where they were having a sale and i found many of the item on sale on the Q cheaper in the sale, even with postage. Now, whenever QVC are selling a well known brand I may be interested in i check out the official website or Amazon.

How much do you get paid to sit there and try to get us to buy items that you could find better on a markey stall?

Does Julia R really do pilates or did I miss-hear and she actually does pies and lattes?

Nearly choked when I read this one! Made me and OH lol!

Stuartf you owe me a new keyboard as I've spilt wine on this one! :giggle:

Not sure how many of you use Twitter but all Catherine does on this is talk about her cats and belly dancing (belly dancing cats, that's a novelty), I quite like Catherine though

cazimag;257045[b said:
]does julia r really do pilates or did i miss-hear and she actually does pies and lattes?[/b]
nearly choked when i read this one! Made me and oh lol!

Stuartf you owe me a new keyboard as i've spilt wine on this one! :giggle:

omg!!! Lol

This is a genius thread - I haven't laughed so much since Pompoos!

My burning questions to the presenters:-

Do you really use £38 Elemis Milk Bath on your kids?!

Do you take morphine before the epilator TSVs so you can pretend they're painless?

Don't you just want to punch Jan Springer sometimes?

• Why can't we group puchases for combined postage?

• Why can't we have a cancel button on our accounts? It would be so much easier, considering items take three to arrive at our post boxes!

• Do presenters consider themselves as sales floggers or proper TV presenters, darling?

• Do they sell their souls for their job? Every item is liked, loved, owned, worn, tried, tested by the presenters to ensure a little love story to share with us viewers. Is you lives all about QVC and it's products?

Do we really need so many items from QVC UK? No offence to the US, but it seems we are flogged expsensive tat for ridiculous prices.

• Is craig gay?

• Does the kitchen woman wear a wig?

• Is the house, used in so many adverts, owned by QVC?

• How can I be a model? My blemished skin will tell how products really work.

• Do presenters get a discount?

• Which presenters are the gossips?

Last edited:
Why do you employ presenters who cannot string a coherent sentence together?

Why are you such greedy bleeders that you charge separate p&p for each and every item ordered?

Why, after charging such extortionate p&p, does it take 10-14 days for me to get my stuff in Manchester? Do you take the scenic route and ship stuff via Azerbaijan?

Are the floor crew supplied with earplugs before an Alison Young presentation?

Why do you quibble over the no-quibble 30 day money back guarantee?

Has anyone there ever suggested to Ali Young that she purchase an actual dictionary, literally?

Why do you not mention to Jill Franks that the phrase is 'brand new' and not 'bran new'?

How did she ever get the job in the first place?

Why are your TSVs such crap these days?

Why do you stock just 4 items or so of really popular ranges, when QVC US stock about 20,000?

Why does Jilly Halliday say thirdy, fordy, or fifdy, pounds, and describe everything as being "absolutely superb" whilst assuring us that the product will "stand us in good stead"?

Why hasn't someone batted Julia Roberts over the head with a Butler and Wilson bag for her annoying habit of saying "col-ah"; "shim-mah"; "num-bah"; "whatev-ah"?

Why does Ali Young criticise models for having cosmetic surgery/botox/fillers etc, and then not say a word about such things when she is appearing with Lulu or Tova?

Why does she make herself look like a total fake when she ascribes Lulu's 'youthful' looks and Tova's 'glamour' as being down to some crap in a tub that they are trying to flog?

Why can't you bring us some decent brands instead of American tat designed for Shirley Bigbutt in the American midwest?

Why is low-end beauty tat and skincare described by a 'resident beauty expert' as 'literally prestigious' when it's the type of thing you could expect to pay a quid for at a car boot sale?

Latest posts

Back