questions you'd like to ask qvc and presenters..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is your backstage fashion stylist a woman called Doreen who wears a white acrylic cardigan, open-toed navy Scholl sandals and matt American tan tights?

Why does she belt everything so we can't see the shape of the clothes you're selling?

When are you getting rid of Basso the butcher?
Why do you pretend there is a no quibble 30 day money back guarantee?
Why is every item suitable for a daughter/son going off to uni?

A
<<How much do you know about a product before you come on and tell us it's a must have?

How do you hide your personal preferences and tell us it's all equally amazing? >>

It was very apparent from the shambles the other day that the presentations are fairly tightly scripted so they say what they are toldt say. But having said that, there's no reason why, if they "just love" one company's moisturiser they can't "adore" another company's moisturiser. (Being a cosmetics tart myself I can live with this :grin:)

Last edited:
The stuff he sells on QVC is, but out there in the real world, he's also a furrier.

This guy gives me the creeps...

As for questions: If AY is such a highly trained and qualified 'in all areas of aromatherapy/nails/makeup/skincare/does makeup for brides/launched this to the press' then how come we never actually see her in the press launching these products?! How come she doesn't have her own website actually naming her qualifications or why aren't they listed on QVC's website? I think it's too much now to expect us to just believe what she says without any proof whatsoever to back it up, especially given the utter tosh that she spouts on a daily basis.

This is the only non QVC related reference I can find for her, and her website is listed as QVC!!

Alison Young
A qualified beauty expert with more than two decades of hands-on experience, Alison Young has worked with brides from all walks of life and on every budget from royalty to mere mortals. As well as being a consultant to some of the top make-up and skincare brands, spas and salons, Alison is also a writer and broadcaster. She is TV shopping channel QVC's resident beauty presenter and brides-to-be, their mothers - and sometimes even their daughters - are regular on-air callers to Alison's live shows. She's also a real-life footballer's wife! Alison is featured in the Wedding Bible Planner.

Tx

when are they going to find another presenter to relieve us of all the hours that gf is filling?

How come gf moved from being the "fitness expert" to a full time position - but now doesn't launch any fitness tsv's or any "feel good hours" - as you'd think they would be her area of expertise.

As much as I dislike her,why doesn't AY present and launch all the beauty tsv's and hours - again as this is meant to be her area of expertise

Why isn't glen more used if he is the expert in fashion

How come when presenters start,they have to do all the bank holidays,weekends,christmas/boxing day,new years eve shifts - is this like a test they have to pass or some sort of initation test

How come when anthony started he presented every show going - now he just works the odd hour doing technology or NN

Why are summer/christmas/easter surprises always really old stock

Can presenters refuse to work with Dennis 'The Butcher' Basso?

As IMHO working with Basso, is the QVC equivalent of selling your soul to the devil!:devil:

what do you all plan to do once you are made redundant when qvc hits the wall because previous customers found cheaper prices elsewhere and your no quible money back guarantee pee'd all the remaing customer off with, well because they could not stand the quibbling

Julia-can you not find any footwear other than those stupid wedge flip-flops?
When will you realise that squeezing your boobies into clothes that are a size too small doesn't mean your boobies are actually that size?

The powers that be-why can't p&p be capped?

Why in TSV beauty collections is there always something I don't want?
Why in TSV beauty collections do they have to include piddling little sample sizes that just aren't good value?
Why do presenters not give their guests time to talk about all the benefits of the item instead of constantly interrupting them?
Why don't QVC bosses listen when we all say we switch off because of Alison's awful voice?
Why don't they let the Christmas guests do more guesting?
As already said in previous posts, why don't they give postage discounts when you're ordering more than one of the same item?
Why do they spend soooooo long droning through some really boring items but skip through others?
Why don't they get buyers who have some taste - particularly in the fashion department!

I would say in QVc sizing as they make them big for some reason, she is a medium but in the "Real" world high street she would be size 16. Also it depends if we are talking about the clothes actually fitting properly as she does squeeze into small sizes which would have all her lumps and bumps hanging but in her "mind" it fits!

I think it's her ridiculously enormous gazonkas that make her look bigger. I'd say because of those, she'd probably have to buy size 16/18 tops but could get away with a size 14 on her bottom half. Dresses she'd probably not get away with a 14 unless they're really generous or stretchy. The question I'd like to ask some of the female presenters is how can you work with DB, ok, I guess you have to, but flirting with him surely isn't compulsory, so why do it?

If AY is such a beauty expert how come her face is wrinkled and often has the 80s block o' blusher look.

If AY has so many horses what does she put on her nails to stop them breaking .... mucking out, plaiting up, training youngsters etc

Have you reduced the % return rate before customers get THE letter to allow for the tat you are mostly currently peddling

What happened to some of the innovative products you used to present to the UK market and are you becoming a beauty, netbook and granny fashion channel

JF why do you look like you need a good meal, a big dump and some sunshine on your face

Does Clowdia tell filthy jokes when she's drunk

Is CH a manic depressive

Did Pippa used to be a man?

Would Anthony present a product for thinning hair for men ie aersol boot polish

Julian - fancy a date

:eek:)

I would say in QVc sizing as they make them big for some reason, she is a medium but in the "Real" world high street she would be size 16. Also it depends if we are talking about the clothes actually fitting properly as she does squeeze into small sizes which would have all her lumps and bumps hanging but in her "mind" it fits!

i think that is quite accurate. i am "ample" at the top and as a result my hg str sz is 12. my qvc sz is either extra small or small.

I have never believed that jr is a size 12.

I'm a 14 with ample boozers and have often thought bless her,why does she squeeze into things.However,I've always been led to believe that tv makes you look a stone heavier than you are - so I've just thought,she doesn't realise how bad she looks....

Latest posts

Back