Postal Charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also, I dont know if it is common knowledge, but the reason for these Royal Mail price increases is because they are *alledgedly* losing money, £4 million lost last year :(

Gah, I hate to annoy people but, if the documents from QVC say you have to insure an item and you dont and it goes missing, then that is your fault. Same with sending jewellery back, recorded delivery does not cover jewellery at all. We all bitch when QVC do something against the rules and it annoys me a little that people do think they are above the rules :( It may not seem fair to have to pay for insurance of an item, but if it states you have to do that, then you have to do that. Also, as for claiming when things get lost.... good luck! The royal mail want proof of what was IN the parcel, reciepts etc. How you prove what was in a parcel is beyond me....

I wasn't bitching as my item yesterday wasn't a QVC item, I was just commenting on what a parcel cost me yesterday in comparison to what it would have done three weeks ago. It was near on 100% dearer.

It does seem a bit rich when Q don't post things out with insurance though, they don't even use "signed for" (formerly recorded delivery). QVC are pretty good at refunding for returns that go astray even with a basic proof of posting so there's rarely any need for the Q customer to try to claim from Royal Mail. I agree Royal Mail claims are a nightmare for ebay sellers.

Jude xx

A suggestion

Wrap any returned items as small as possible.

When returning lightweight items - clothes in particular, fold over the plastic bag, press all the air out and seal.

Today I returned the lightest of cotton tops, BUT in came in a HUGE plastic bag. The counterstaff at the PO then went through all the rigmarole of the dreaded plastic measurer, and in its current state this blasted top was going to cost £5.80 simply because of the measurments. After a quick pressing of air and folding over, the staff (to their credit) reduced it in size and re-stuck it with parcel tape. Cost £2.60 !!

These PO prices are absolutely crazy now for the lightest of items - its all down to the actual size of the parcel/package. I was told that many people take their parcels home to repackage. I just wont be buying that much now from QVC. Their pp are beyond belief, as the cheapest appears to be £3.45, and I've seen £7.95 on many items lately - absolute rip-off.

I ordered 2 toys from Amazon the other day, both arrived in quite large boxes, both arrived within 48 hours of ordering and both were free p and p. It beats me why Q is so damned expensive with their delivery charges and its *ollocks when they say other companies add the cost of the p and p onto the item price cos the 2 toys I ordered from Amazon were still cheaper than Argos and other places even with the free p and p.

I have to say my experiences with amazon have always been brilliant
I always find them the cheapest (even if the product is a price match,the delivery is usually free thus making it cheaper)
I have only ever returned one thing,and I got my refund even before I'd posted the item back.
The item was free to post back
I have only ever had one item lost,and money refunded straight-away on first email,no forms to fill out.
No form filling at all actually all online - and if not instant results,certainly very very quick.

QVC could do very well to follow this example!

I ordered two things off Amazon a few weeks back on a Sunday, they arrived on Tuesday, one if them didn't work so sent it back Wednesday and I was refunded on Friday. Brilliant.

Another Amazon satisfied customer here. I had to contact them about an item which hadn't arrived a good week passed the expected delivery time. Sent an email around 5.00 p.m., received a reply within 15/20 minutes apologising for the non-receipt but advising a new order had been processed. Replacement was received at 8.30 the next morning!!!! QVC could learn a lot from this instead of making us wait to receive the relevant "non received" letter and them to have it in their possession before any refunds are processed! To add insult to injury WE the customer who hasn't received our order have to fund the return postage on that said letter!

Like I've said previously, QVC are going to have to discuss a major rethink on their postage charges in view of the latest RM increases. I, for one, will be seriously considering any future purchases unless I can be 100% certain I actually want the item. No doubt there will be many others thinking the same!

I ordered a couple of sizes of stretchy vests from Ideal World the other week (in my defence I need a close fitting cami in pale blue to go under a sheer top which clings to cotton tops and it's the only place I've seen them in this colour). I opted for the £1.49 add-on to get a collect+ return label because I knew I'd be returning one of the sizes. They arrived in 2 days, kept one and returned the other via my local Spar, and the refund email came 8 days after ordering. I know IW has it's knockers :mysmilie_17: but QVC are lagging behind with their logistics planning in my experience.

Jude xx

Gah, I hate to annoy people but, if the documents from QVC say you have to insure an item and you dont and it goes missing, then that is your fault. Same with sending jewellery back, recorded delivery does not cover jewellery at all. We all bitch when QVC do something against the rules and it annoys me a little that people do think they are above the rules :( It may not seem fair to have to pay for insurance of an item, but if it states you have to do that, then you have to do that. Also, as for claiming when things get lost.... good luck! The royal mail want proof of what was IN the parcel, reciepts etc. How you prove what was in a parcel is beyond me....

I was only asking a question/advice which I kind of thought this forum was for. I took that advice and sent my item back as instructed!

with the new postage hike comes less insurance £20 max. shopping with qvc and selling on e-bay are not good business i'm afraid

Wrap any returned items as small as possible.

When returning lightweight items - clothes in particular, fold over the plastic bag, press all the air out and seal.

Today I returned the lightest of cotton tops, BUT in came in a HUGE plastic bag. The counterstaff at the PO then went through all the rigmarole of the dreaded plastic measurer, and in its current state this blasted top was going to cost £5.80 simply because of the measurments. After a quick pressing of air and folding over, the staff (to their credit) reduced it in size and re-stuck it with parcel tape. Cost £2.60 !!

These PO prices are absolutely crazy now for the lightest of items - its all down to the actual size of the parcel/package. I was told that many people take their parcels home to repackage. I just wont be buying that much now from QVC. Their pp are beyond belief, as the cheapest appears to be £3.45, and I've seen £7.95 on many items lately - absolute rip-off.

I'm with you Brissles, the P & P is getting beyond a joke, QVC must be making a huge profit on what they charge for P & P alone. It has played a big part in me getting a grip on my QVC buying addiction - Paying so much to have parcels delivered and then if you don't like them having to spend a fortune sending them back, or more often than not, just keeping them because the cost of returning is so prohibitive, you can easily spend a tenner on postage receiving and sending back something which has been disappointing. I am now being more cautious about what I buy. I wanted the Ultrasun glimmer to take on holiday next month. Checked QVC and there was a duo for £36 plus P & P of £3.95 I think. Searched the internet and found a website called The Suncare Shop with one bottle for only £13.99 with free P & P. I wish I'd come to my senses 10 years ago x

I have just received my (potentially!!) last delivery from Q & have been a very good customer in the past but the P&P plus cost of returns are just money thrown away.I can get anything I need from other places & cheaper when you take the postage into account.Will keep watching & commenting tho'!

If you are returning under DSRs you have to email them now. They won't accept a phone call to CS anymore. [email protected]
Also, I often find that when I check the refund to my bank account they haven't included the p&p and then I have to phone up to chase it.
I've emailed them (no reply yet) but thought I would also call CS. The lady I spoke to said I didn't need to call her but just return as usual and write cancel all over the returns note.

I always shop around for Gatineau Floracil, especially now it's £25...nearly ran out last week eeek! Managed to get it from Beauty Expert who if you haven't ordered for a while will send out discounts so got it for £20 and pennies plus free delivery, ordered and despatched same day.
Happy bunny:clapping:

Latest posts

Back