Pippa's Slurred Speech

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The presenters are professionals. I doubt her marriage break-up comes into it. I have a professional job and you just get into the zone when you're doing it. Everything is put to one side and out of mind when I'm in court. It's an automatic thing. I have to in order to focus 100% on the client and the case. Probably no different for the presenters. Anyway, Pippa may be over the moon for giving the old man the final boot. A friend of mine did just that and she's been in an fantastically good mood since (other than getting breast cancer since).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Well I half watched a bit of the Tiana B hour and didn't notice any slurred speech. I thought she was a bit hyper but that was it!

I just caught a few minutes of the dresses and thought she looked and sounded a bit odd, like she was very tired.
I agree with Flamenco, these are professional people and I can't imagine she was flummoxed re lack of colleague
Have always liked her

many presenters seem to have developed a more frenzied presentation style of late - perhaps this is an executive instruction, trying to whip up customers' enthusiasm.

Well, the more frenzied approach has put me off and I've barely watched QVC over the past few weeks, so if it is an executive instruction then, for this customer, it's failed.

If I want to buy something I want to be informed about the product. I don't want to be distracted with boring tweets about how many bags someone has got or what they've had for tea. The presenters seem to be highlighting all these 'wonderful' tweets to back up their belief that they are the country's number one presenter and have millions of followers.

Well, I, for one, won't be a sheep by following the 'Twitter trend' and so the presenters that don't hang onto their iPads like a security blanket are the only ones I'd consider watching (if and when I want to purchase anything.)

As this forum has consistently shown there is never going to be one presenter or style that suits everyone and if there was all the shopping hours would be the same.

Q's mistake is in trying to make them the same rather than embracing the differences. They don't address the areas for improvement that some presenters show from time to time and take them to one side for a bit of refresher training/mentoring, they just try and clone presenters and situations and it's a big mistake. We aren't all nurses, teachers, social workers, or working with the general public for a reason and sometimes it comes down to horses for courses.

i think it was the fact she had to do the clothing part with no guest & it showed.. She was very clearly not cut out for a lone show when the stuff clearly wasnt that good & not selling.. panic mode set in .. how the hell am i going to fill an hour with no guest to bounce off

lets face it 99% of the population would struggle to sit & talk in a positive & calm manner about what approximated to shapeless crimpoline tat

She was a lot calmer at the start of the bedding session with that woman guest .. not that i watched a great deal of that as i had seen enough stupidness

yes but 90% of the population aren't qvc presenters are they? it's her job! and she could have filled just as much time reeling off measurements, different colours, commenting on how they looked on the models, instead of acting as though the models weren't even there, as se did with her self absorbed screeching.

So I assume this happened on Saturday night, but outside of the Anything Goes slot?

Maybe there's a new policy for Saturday which lets the presenters off the leash, and she took it too far.

The screeching is deffo getting worse with Pippa though. Calm down dear.

So I assume this happened on Saturday night, but outside of the Anything Goes slot?

Maybe there's a new policy for Saturday which lets the presenters off the leash, and she took it too far.

The screeching is deffo getting worse with Pippa though. Calm down dear.

i think it was directly afterwards. i didn't see any of the northern nights hour so don't know if she was as bad with the ipad then.

Pippa needs to pipe down most of the time. Gets far too hyper & the yeah, yeah, yeahing is annoying. Plus even if she is flogging some dire stuff she should get on with her job which is talking about the product, not herself or her Tweeting fans.

I really dislike the frenzied panic buy and high pressure sales approach. I like Pipa but I had to switch over during a show a couple of months ago. Pipa and the guest (I forget who) were so hyper they were shouting at each other - but not in an angry way. I found it stressful to watch.

I really dislike the frenzied panic buy and high pressure sales approach. I like Pipa but I had to switch over during a show a couple of months ago. Pipa and the guest (I forget who) were so hyper they were shouting at each other - but not in an angry way. I found it stressful to watch.

so agree with you Weathergirl, I used to find Q quite relaxing to watch but there is now so much screeching and amazement and general frenzied exhortation to "buy it now!!!" that I watch it less and less. So if it is a policy it has had the reverse affect on the likes of me. I miss presenters such a Sara G and Claudia who were a bit easier on the ear than the gobby, yelling hyperactive ones we have a lot of these days.

I DON'T NORMALLY WATCH ANYTHING BUT BEAUTY SHOWS AND AM NOT A TWEETING FAN BUT I THOUGHT LAST NIGHT'S SHOW WAS RALLY FUNNY WHEN THEY KEPT BRINGING IN DIFFERENT BITS OF FURNITURE ETC (THE 10PM TIANA b HOUR) SO I KEPT WATCHING - MAYBE I DON'T SEE PIPPA ENOUGH BUT SHE SEEMED ok TO ME, JUST HAVING A GOOD TIME. I RECKON SHE WOULD PRESENT IN THAT STYLE ALL THE TIME IF SHE COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. - oops just realised caps lock on - sorry :)

I only watched the last 10 minutes or so of the Tianna B hour purely by accident, somebody tweeted her asking about the plant or something, and she said ooh don't u lot know weve moved studios or something. Then she made some comment, about being annoyed by everyone, I don't no if she meant the camera crew, people in the gallery area, or the customer, Then she said something along the lines of, hi im pippa, im around most days, and most places, if u want a laugh

I like her, I think it would be super if she started to become really interesting. If she is angry with people and life in general, good on her, there are too many goody two shoes on qvc. make a change in she was to become a rebel presenter.

QVC have a format, a dull, boring, highly sanitized format and Pip(p)a is paid to adhere to it. I'm not saying I like how they do things but either do what you're paid for or find another job that suits you better.
This isn't a comment on Pip(p)a personally or whether she's right that it seems in her opinion that things need changing.

I found it most interesting. Pippa has had a few hard knocks and bully for her to come back fighting. More strength to her elbow

I only watched the last 10 minutes or so of the Tianna B hour purely by accident, somebody tweeted her asking about the plant or something, and she said ooh don't u lot know weve moved studios or something. Then she made some comment, about being annoyed by everyone, I don't no if she meant the camera crew, people in the gallery area, or the customer, Then she said something along the lines of, hi im pippa, im around most days, and most places, if u want a laugh

Sounds like she was totally off her face.

(On cola, obviously)

Latest posts

Back