Philosophys Lee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuePooh

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Does anyone know where Lee from Philosophy has gone? I noticed on QVC Beauty Day that the woman was there again but no Lee :-(

There was a thread a while ago - he sort of disappeared without explanation from QVC. Bit like Molton Brown!

Part of the thread said that he no longer works for the brand.

I do not understand why QVC don't just acknowledge that someone worked for them\with them, say where they have gone eg promotion, moved on to new pastures etc. thank them for their contribution and introduce the new rep.

I mean it's not unusual for someone to move on and develop their career. Seems so childish ignoring they were there & trying to airbrush them from memory.

I have an idea that there was a falling out with Lee and Philiosphy. The company changed handed about a year ago, and many on the QVC Community Board in the US are complaining about the quailty of the products. Seems to be the bath products in particular that the complains are about.

When the makeup artist from Smashbox moved on Timber and then Daniel. We got introduced to the next person taking over, Daniel was this is Nina who will be doing Smashbox shows from now on.

Makes you think that it the company and not QVC and the latter does not want to P off the former by saying oh Lee has left.

I do not understand why QVC don't just acknowledge that someone worked for them\with them, say where they have gone eg promotion, moved on to new pastures etc. thank them for their contribution and introduce the new rep.

I mean it's not unusual for someone to move on and develop their career. Seems so childish ignoring they were there & trying to airbrush them from memory.

Maybe Lee did something wrong and had to leave. Or maybe he fell out with QVC. We'll never know!

hear hear. lee described the products in a fun and informative way.and i have been buying philosophy for years and the quality has slipped.oh well so will thier sales eventually.

When lee was on they had quite a few sell outs.
At the weekend I'm not sure they had any.
I think Lee was a very good "salesman" for philosophy when he was on and I predict their sales will fall. The prices have also become a lot less competitive - John Lewis have a larger range in stock now, and can often be cheaper than QVC
I have begun shopping around far more - one of the special price kits on the weekend (miracle workers?) is dearer now at regular price at qvc than it is at hqhair.
I just wish skinstore hadn't stopped shipping philosophy to the UK.

Qvc were the same when Mike from MOP disappeared and Jill headynights Goldsmith.
The policy seems to be say nowt and hope we don't ask!!!!

I also agree that sales will drop. I think it's daft not to acknowledge the loss of a familiar face, especially when they are well loved.

A trust is built on the authenticity of the rep which takes time and is highly important.

Sadly, leaving with no explanation, no matter how brief, undermines the whole set up. and process.

just found this web site, LEE BRADLEY LTD, are brand guadians for many leading brands, web site not open yet.

on a previous thread re Lee, I contacted Philosophy direct in usa via email to enquire about Lee and they informed me that he no longer worked for them but wished him well. I replied that he would be a sad loss to their organisation. TBH it was Lee's enthiusiasm re the products which got me to change from being a Lis Earle girl. I have a friend who knows someone who actually works on the philosophy counter in Manchester so she's going to do some more digging when next over there. Apparently Lee used to go into the stores alot and all the girls loved him thought he was a good boss.

When lee was on they had quite a few sell outs.
At the weekend I'm not sure they had any.
I think Lee was a very good "salesman" for philosophy when he was on and I predict their sales will fall. The prices have also become a lot less competitive - John Lewis have a larger range in stock now, and can often be cheaper than QVC
I have begun shopping around far more - one of the special price kits on the weekend (miracle workers?) is dearer now at regular price at qvc than it is at hqhair.
I just wish skinstore hadn't stopped shipping philosophy to the UK.

I think it was Philosphy who put a stop to the shipping of the brand to the UK. It undercut their sales profit here as it was so much cheaper when the dollar was good.

Lee was a great ambassador for the brand. He was enthusiastic and knowledgable, (when Ali Young let him get a word in edgeways...) and his sense of humour made the presentations fun to watch. I think Robyn is too earnest for a UK audience, especially one used to Lee's style.
I, too, think it is wrong to not even make mention of someone who was so popular with the audience and whose presentations could be guaranteed to generate huge sales. There were constant sell-outs, and that was due, in large part, to the fact that Lee was the expert on hand to advise and enthuse about the products.
I am concerned that the quality of Philosophy stuff is changing, and know from my own experience that the last TSV seemed to be a watered-down version of an already faint scent. Many reviews on the website say the same thing, and on the US community board it is the same story. Not a good sign.
I live in Manchester and can get Philosophy from several places, and, at a price competitive with, and oftentimes lower than, QVC's, especially when I factor in the ridiculous p&p charges (almost £4.00 for a tube of eyecream???).

interestingly qvc are still showng Lee on the beauty channel wonder what they would do if put on spot next tme philosophy is on and someone rang in live to the studio to ask abut Lee

Looking back now in hindsight does anyone recall it must have been one of the last times Lee was on QVC and with Alison at the time.
They mentioned they had both gone to the same school up in the north east.
I just wonder if they had been reminiscing due to Lee leaving.
Perhaps an email to Alison is in order, since they seemed friendly.

Oh that's a shame, I liked Lee. I was hoping he was just on holiday!! I'm sure the new lady is very nice but she didn't make me NEED to buy in the same way Lee did. (Probably a good thing!!)

Oh that's a shame, I liked Lee. I was hoping he was just on holiday!! I'm sure the new lady is very nice but she didn't make me NEED to buy in the same way Lee did. (Probably a good thing!!)

Yes she seems nice enough but couldn't be doing with the 'buy this for your girlfriends who don't have partner for valentines day' malarky. My mates would think I was puddled if I did that!

Lee was the brands real asset. I think they've shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of him (or letting him go).

Latest posts

Back