OPI problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnieb

Registered Shopper
io used nail envy and my nails went all peculiar. has anyone else has a problem? they looked like plastic thats been heated. they were OK when i stopped usin g it tho.

when i tried it i followed the instructions and after one week my nails had got weaker and broke

I know its very popular but i really dont rate OPI. The polishes just do not agree with my nail and i hate the brushes. Have tried the nail envy and when in water my nails went all cloudy. Is this what you are experiencing?

Nail Envy doesn't do my nails much good, I recently used a Sally Hansen one and had way better results. Am going to move on to Barielle nail cream next as that's meant to be super.

Nail Envy made my nails worse. I've never been able to keep it on for the specified 5 days as it starts to peel off as soon as I have a shower or bath. I certainly wouldn't recomment it for peeling nails. The best I've tried so far is the Trind Nail Repair.

been ages replying to this, but yes, my nails went cloudy and wafered badly. they are still not right!

I seem to be the exception on this thread. I've been using Nail Envy matte for over a year and I now have nails that are long and very strong, whereas before I started using it they were anything but. Now I get asked if they're false. :11:

I use a range of brands for colour, but I still use Nail Envy as my base coat.

Yeh I have to say that I love Nail Envy and use it every time i do my nails. Don't really follow their instructions though - I put on two coats as a base coat then colour and then a top coat of nails inc and then i don't bother to reapply it through out the week. From memory I think I did used to reapply after about 3 days but then i didn't used to use a top coat.

My nails are now really strong when I last went for a manicure - not a regular occurence - the technician said I had really good nails too and asked what I used - woop!!

Nail Envy just made my nails weak and peel - so I only used it as a top coat after that, wouldn't buy it again. I've had much better results with much cheaper hardeners - like a previous poster said, Sally Hansen is an excellent range.

I've experienced both good and bad results from Nail Envy. Tried it about 10 years ago and it was pants; making my nails brittle and dry.

I bought a recent TSV intending to ebay the NE but my DD dabbled in the bottle before I could stop her so I thought I'd give it another try. Now the nails on my index fingers are as long as the rest (and I swear I not poking people/things any less than usual). OK my nails are bad but I could never grow the index finger nails much beyond the nail bed; and now I can.

Maybe my body chemistry has changed in the intervening years, certainly my BMI has increased! :tongue2:

Jude xx

I am unsure about nail envy. It does initially seem to strengthen my nails but if I keep using it as directed then my nails get very brittle and break. So now I use it as a base coat or as a clear varnish but my nails go orangish if I leave it on for long. Thanks for the recommend about Sally Hansen might try that instead.

nail envy for dry brittle nails is better

I had some problems after using nail envy when my nails started flaking so I switched to Pro strong which was even worse. I have now had some success in getting my nails back to their previous lengths by using a Nail Envy for dry nails. I haven't seen this on QVC but have just bought it on the high street. It may be worth a try....

I am unsure about nail envy. It does initially seem to strengthen my nails but if I keep using it as directed then my nails get very brittle and break. So now I use it as a base coat or as a clear varnish but my nails go orangish if I leave it on for long. Thanks for the recommend about Sally Hansen might try that instead.

That's the same for me.

Someone on here recommended NailTek and I bought the XTRA for "difficult and resistant nails" ..... I've been using it for a couple of weeks and am pleased with the results so far.

I found Nail Envy made my nails flakey, it's okay as a base or top coat occassionally, but not as the prep that they recommend. (I'm sure it's a ploy to make you use far more product than you usually would). I've had the best nail strengthening results with the Pro Strong pro tough. I don't use it as directed, but keep it by my computer keyboard so when I have a spare mo (and I remember!) I paint it on. As someone who has stopped biting their nails in recent years, the Pro Strong really gave my nails the strength they needed to grow.

Latest posts

Back