Oh Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
Watching JR on the 4 pm hour with Kirk's Folly she was describing an item as resembling tantalising tanzanite. She went on to say that " illiteration is alive and well on QVC". If you are going to try and show off ,JR, please make sure you use the correct word. The word used to describe a series of words beginning with the same letter is Alliteration. Rant over.

On the subject of JR on the Kirks Folly show, when is she going to start wearing tops with sleeves? My Husband and myself were eating while the show was on, what a mistake that was. We kept getting close ups of saggy wrinkled under arm skin,over and over again. It made me feel sick, I can't tell you what my Husband said it looked like. Surely she could wear short or even long sleeves which can look very elegant. I know lots of women get this as they get older but most have the sense to wear something that covers it.

On the subject of JR on the Kirks Folly show, when is she going to start wearing tops with sleeves? My Husband and myself were eating while the show was on, what a mistake that was. We kept getting close ups of saggy wrinkled under arm skin,over and over again. It made me feel sick, I can't tell you what my Husband said it looked like. Surely she could wear short or even long sleeves which can look very elegant. I know lots of women get this as they get older but most have the sense to wear something that covers it.

Age will happen to everyone and I do think it should just be accepted as something that happens. Why should she cover up just to make others feel better? Live and let live would surely be a much better option? I really wish we would get over judging other women so harshly just because they are getting older, and expect them to cover up so others can feel better and hide the aging. Is it also possible that maybe she does not wish to wear sleeves as she also has temperature fluctuations and would consequently be showing sweat stains under her arms?

Age will happen to everyone and I do think it should just be accepted as something that happens. Why should she cover up just to make others feel better? Live and let live would surely be a much better option? I really wish we would get over judging other women so harshly just because they are getting older, and expect them to cover up so others can feel better and hide the aging. Is it also possible that maybe she does not wish to wear sleeves as she also has temperature fluctuations and would consequently be showing sweat stains under her arms?

I would agree with you but fear I might incur another hilarious reply from someone.

No names no pack drill Gemma..just in case I get accused of being a bitch again ( was thinking of Jill Franks actually..oops)

Her best one for me is when she says "kitsch"when she means retro, she creases me up every time. I wish someone would tell her that kitsch is not a very complimentary description! Daft woman.

Glad you found it funny hon :up: cos you give many of us a good laugh over your worship of Miss Piggy. :tongue:
When I said hilarious I meant tedious. I have posted as much or as little as others but for some reason you always pick up on my posts.

Julia can look amazing, but can also look ****** awful.

So she's ahead of some of her colleagues already :wink:

I wish Lulu would come on with a bag over her head - I would feel so much better !

I've watched a couple of shows with JR today and yesterdays centigrade and she seems very giggly and silly - obviously shes enjoying the time of year!!

she was lovely when i saw her earlier. she had a kind of flapper dress on. it was ace. i think she is going lighter on her hair which is totally approropiate for someone who probably has a lot of grey coming through now.

i dont know why some of our unofficial guardians of the forum, i.e the "stop being nasty" brigade forget their duties when it comes to Julia. Apparently you can slag her of as much as you like, but criticise anyone else and youre morally corrupt.

what is it about the woman that makes you all so critical. or is it defensive? oh.... no need to answer that ..... She is 53, slim, successful and by most peoples standards a VERY good looking woman.

Claws in, bitches.

she was lovely when i saw her earlier. she had a kind of flapper dress on. it was ace. i think she is going lighter on her hair which is totally approropiate for someone who probably has a lot of grey coming through now.

i dont know why some of our unofficial guardians of the forum, i.e the "stop being nasty" brigade forget their duties when it comes to Julia. Apparently you can slag her of as much as you like, but criticise anyone else and youre morally corrupt.

what is it about the woman that makes you all so critical. or is it defensive? oh.... no need to answer that ..... She is 53, slim, successful and by most peoples standards a VERY good looking woman.

Claws in, bitches.

She 'Told the nation tonight that she is 34 DD' her words.

She 'Told the nation tonight that she is 34 DD' her words.

and your point is what missmolly?

she was selling underwear/control garments for larger women. the words "heavy busted" appeared several times which i found highly amusing but what else are they supposed to say at tea time? "if you have massive tits you may like this....". its not like she raised her knockers out of context is it? as for the size, are you saying she shouldnt mention being 34DD when sellingb bras and if so why?

and your point is what missmolly?

she was selling underwear/control garments for larger women. the words "heavy busted" appeared several times which i found highly amusing but what else are they supposed to say at tea time? "if you have massive tits you may like this....". its not like she raised her knockers out of context is it? as for the size, are you saying she shouldnt mention being 34DD when sellingb bras and if so why?

Calm down i was just saying she told us her bra size, but i doubt she would describe herself as a larger women.

sorry that DID sound a tad over defensive didnt it. she referred to herself as being "heavy busted" * and the problems this presents. good for her!

i have the same issues with the size of my.... well... never mind but needless to say i'm a martyr to it!

Latest posts

Back