Oh Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia is undoubtedly Q's best presenter. She is informative and usually very professional. Added to that she is a very attractive woman and has done exceptionally well to shed such a lot of weight. However,she has a very,very inflated opinion of herself and isn't afraid to shove it in viewers' faces. This is a deeply unattractive side to her character and I think it alienates a lot of Q's audience, as illustrated by all the previous posts on here. We can't ALL be wrong, can we?

Just waiting for BB to join in the bunfight.

I am still of the opinion that she does her job exceptionally well and is a highly valued member of staff. It seems that the powers that be (and probably Ms R herself) don't give a toss about what the viewers think as long as she keeps producing the goods. I mean, reality check here folks, if you really wanted an item but JR was presenting and happening to get on your nerves - would you seriously not buy it because of that??!! :tongue: :confused:

I'm sure that the majority of QVC customers are not members of this forum or FB and have no strong feelings one way or another about any of the presenters, they just get on and buy things.

I'm sure that the majority of QVC customers are not members of this forum or FB and have no strong feelings one way or another about any of the presenters, they just get on and buy things.

I'm sure they aren't,but we'll never know will we? My opinion is based on the straw poll of opinions expressed on this forum

I'm sure they aren't,but we'll never know will we? My opinion is based on the straw poll of opinions expressed on this forum

Fair enough.

People that actually do like presenters and want to say good things about them maybe don't post because they don't want to be shot down.

Fair enough.

People that actually do like presenters and want to say good things about them maybe don't post because they don't want to be shot down.

No one should feel that way. Stand up and be counted is what I say,after all, this is a forum. I like many of the presenters but none of them are above criticism,it just happens to be exaggerated because they are on tv with an audience of millions

Fair enough.

How do you know? my problem is if anybody says anthing that is not considered positive about a certain presenter you get shot down so you can't win.

Julia is definitely q's best presenter. She gives a damn good presentation and is very informative too. However, at times she can be quite irritating for reasons already stated by other forumites (not including her dress sense as this doesn't bother me one bit) and when this happens I just switch her off and if I am interested in the product I just look online, which I do mostly as I don't feel the majority of the presenters focus on items they are selling.

I don't think anyone should be "shot down" for voicing their opinions in favour of presenters and vice versa. We are all different and will therefore have different opinions. I can't watch Jill Franks and I won't shy away from saying that but others may like her and thats ok with me.

How do you know? my problem is if anybody says anthing that is not considered positive about a certain presenter you get shot down so you can't win.
I am going by my own experience. I have never had a go at anyone for stating their opinions on here. I may have disagreed with what they have said but have never been anything but polite in my replies.

We all have our opinions good or bad and its a forum so we can post our thoughts. I have noticed that on recent posts about JF or CH nobody has jumped to their defence, but mention HRH JR and god help you.
I used to really like JR but since she has lost weight she really loves herself and that is only my opinion.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. In essence, no one would deny that.
Personally, I don't like getting into anything heavy because I come on here for light relief, but I do follow the debates with interest.
I just make sure I put my tin hat on.

Maybe not JF, but plenty of people would defend CH even if she came round and set fire to their kids' Xmas presents.

Julia divides opinion pretty much down the middle. She IS a bit of a diva, but on the other hand, unlike most of the other presenters who rely on superlatives to sell products (Jilly, Charlie and Jill, I'm looking at you) or tell you to buy something just because so-called "celebs" may use them (hello, Ali Young!), Julia WILL give you product information as it comes to air.

And she takes her time to explain them: it's not all not rushed in towards the end of a slot like a certain fragrant Ms Huntley I could mention.

So I can forgive a bit of "me, me, me" because Julia is the nearest QVC has come to having an effective telly sales person.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. In essence, no one would deny that.
Personally, I don't like getting into anything heavy because I come on here for light relief, but I do follow the debates with interest.
I just make sure I put my tin hat on.

Me too but just had to comment on this one. Something's cant be helped!

We all have our opinions good or bad and its a forum so we can post our thoughts. I have noticed that on recent posts about JF or CH nobody has jumped to their defence, but mention HRH JR and god help you.
I used to really like JR but since she has lost weight she really loves herself and that is only my opinion.

My point is that perhaps people don't rush to defend presenters because of the flack they would get.

I have seen a few people on this forum recently say that they like JR and think she is good at her job but have not seen anyone rush to her defence or bash anyone who has slagged her off. The one and only comment I made on a post about JR and AY having a bit of banter was immediately pounced upon.

My point is that perhaps people don't rush to defend presenters because of the flack they would get.

I have seen a few people on this forum recently say that they like JR and think she is good at her job but have not seen anyone rush to her defence or bash anyone who has slagged her off. The one and only comment I made on a post about JR and AY having a bit of banter was immediately pounced upon.

Well love em or hate em we all come on here for the banter and it keeps us all entertained. We all have our favorites and QVC certainly provides us with plenty to discuss/debate.

Well I'm a fan of Julia but I don't particularly want to be confronted by her crepey old upper arms :cheeky: She'd look so much better if she covered them up. It's called dressing appropriately for your age.
At last!! :rock: A man who can see it and tell it like it is. :clapping: Funny how some of us wimmen who comment on her wrinkly chicken skin get called jealous bitches. :wonder:

Btw do you still hang out (metaphorically speaking :tongue:) in West Ken Phil??

I don't think Julia's arms are particularly bad. Yes, she's not 25 any more, but does that mean she has to put on 30 or so layers just because she's the wrong side of 50?

I just wish she'd stop wearing those tarty jeans/jeggings whatever/and the ever-present sandals.

She is a great looking woman, and they do her no favours whatsoever.

I think the thing with you LH,as I read your posts,so only my opinion :hi: is that you defend JR every time someone says anything vaguely against her and it comes across that you are truly upset.And you just keep on defending and defending her and only her.Of course you can - why not?Its your opinion.

I really like Craig - lots of people don't - but I don't feel that I have to keep jumping into defend him everytime something vaguely "off" is written.I've written on the current Alexis thread that I like her,but I'm happy to leave it that.I don't feel the need to keep jumping to her defence.

Latest posts

Back