Julia's vocabulary.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Believe me, you would be committing murder if you ever crossed paths with my daughter's boyfriend, who's descriptive powers definatly mark him out as a future QVC presenter, if he fails in his preferred career.

This is how he recently described the colour of his mothers new car:

" Its a sort of kind of a blue, but not like a really blue blue, its got a sort of kind of a green in it, but it does nay look like green, it looks more kind of, sort of like a weirdy kind of shiny blue, but definitely no as weird as thingmay's, his is just mad". Apparently it also lacks one of those "thingy things" that thingmay has on his car.

I really don't know who thingmay is or what his car looks like, (don't think with that description ,I really want to know), but the colour of his mothers car is actually turquoise.

By the way, who says that education standards haven't been dumbed down, he got an A* for Higher English and is currently in First year at a highly rated uni studying to be a Quantity Surveyor.

Well, I hope his maths in his chosen career are a darn sight better than his grasp of English, or he won't last long as a QS !!!!

I was brought up with, 'bolairo'. The first time I heard, 'bolero', I had no idea what the woman in question was talking about!

When I was brought up a bol-er-o was something you wore and a bol-air-o was something you performed on the dance floor. I blame Torvill and Dean for the change in pronunciation.

Latest posts

Back