New fashions from Nina Leonard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Roseanne

Registered Shopper
I've got phots of my mother-in-law at our wedding in 1986 in this very dress: item number 106933.

It didn't look any better then LOL.

Ah yes the stay-pleated skirt...a classic! I've been married twice and the M-in-Ls didn't look too bad, but the respective sisters-in-law (both 10years younger than me) looked absolutely shockingly awful. No wedding should be without a few bobby dazzlers I reckon!

Jude xx

Ah yes the stay-pleated skirt...a classic! I've been married twice and the M-in-Ls didn't look too bad, but the respective sisters-in-law (both 10years younger than me) looked absolutely shockingly awful. No wedding should be without a few bobby dazzlers I reckon!

Jude xx

It never hurts to put the bride at an even greater advantage.

Ladies Im having a wee chuckle at your remarks about your inlaws sense of style at your weddings lol!
Styles are always coming back around, but really some should just stay in the past lol.. Funny enough I was in Dorothy Perkins the other day and the outfits all hanging are exactly like the ones I wore when I started going clubbing in the late 80s. All those long clingy dresses & skirts are exactly what I wore back in the day. Madonna wore them & we copied her! Wonder will the mens 20 pleated trousers come back into fashion again?

The "Bowie" trousers that would have sent home to change, any yoof who thought they'd get away with wearing them to school!

Jude xx

Oh yes, PLEASE call in, as I would love to see the look on Lennie's face. Gawd it makes you wonder how much more 'duff' stuff from years ago is going to be re-cycled from the dusty warehouse they all buy their items from. But I will seriously throw a brick at the tele if those bl....dy awful gouchos make a re-appearance !!!!!!

Feck me I had one of those in royal blue!!! Next it'll be pvc shiny macs - oh no, too late!!!! What about a 'Kriss' jumpsuit with a silver sequinned boob tube? My sister lent me this ensemble for a river boat disco circa 1980. Fine till you needed a wee. Probably shouldn't have downed a bottle of Taboo. Gosh, I feel old!

I've just realised what's going on. QVC like to have themed programming from time to time, don't they? It must have been "Timewarp Thursday" yesterday.

Feck me I had one of those in royal blue!!! Next it'll be pvc shiny macs - oh no, too late!!!! What about a 'Kriss' jumpsuit with a silver sequinned boob tube? My sister lent me this ensemble for a river boat disco circa 1980. Fine till you needed a wee. Probably shouldn't have downed a bottle of Taboo. Gosh, I feel old!
PVC macs are back; jumpsuits are back and a hit;boob tubes are back :giggle:
I think we ought to save our clothes, they will come back, only problem is, will we be able to get in them when the time comes:wonder:

Was it Nina Leonard's:wonder: Roseanne?

LOL, I very much doubt it as it came from a little dress shop in Winchester. I know because I got lumbered with taking her to get it! Honestly, same colour and everything, and she had tangerine coloured nylon gloves to match.

White handbag, sandals and straw hat if you would like to visualise the complete ensemble.

I struggled to fit in them then - no chance now!! I do have a leather look pencil skirt that I so loved I couldn't throw away, that would fit one leg now. When does old become vintage?!

I think we ought to save our clothes, they will come back, only problem is, will we be able to get in them when the time comes:wonder:

Wonder if the "Dynasty" look will come back? I seem to remember wearing clothes with such large shoulder pads that I had to go through doorways sideways.

Wonder if the "Dynasty" look will come back? I seem to remember wearing clothes with such large shoulder pads that I had to go through doorways sideways.

I remember wearing a dress with shoulder pads and then a jacket with them on top of that I looked like an american footballer. I used to feel soooo glam too. :mysmilie_15:

I have a 1950s multicoloured net petticoat that I wore in the 80s. God knows if it will come back into fashion a third time but I'm keeping it just in case. I've also got a 1920s coat and a 1930s silk jacket. Oh and some 1980s shoes that actually never went out of fashion ... ridiculously high red and black stilettos.

I have a 1950s multicoloured net petticoat that I wore in the 80s. God knows if it will come back into fashion a third time but I'm keeping it just in case. I've also got a 1920s coat and a 1930s silk jacket. Oh and some 1980s shoes that actually never went out of fashion ... ridiculously high red and black stilettos.

My sister in law has a suede 1960s mini skirt and I wore it in the early 80s (when I was thin) to a 60's theme party. It had purple panels in it and I dyed a pair of stilettos the same colour and my mum made me a top to go with it. It didn't look bad either! :happy:

The "Bowie" trousers that would have sent home to change, any yoof who thought they'd get away with wearing them to school!

Jude xx

I think the wide male trouser with massive side pocket on the thigh would be a look to die for all over again! Not! Lol.

I think the wide male trouser with massive side pocket on the thigh would be a look to die for all over again! Not! Lol.

A few of the fellas I went out with wore those, and when they were dancing the change in their pockets would roll out everywhere and that high waistband reminded me of Simon Cowells trousers :mysmilie_505:

Latest posts

Back