Nail Boutique TSV Fri 29th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina Maybeline is simply a nail polish whereas this system is similar to shellac, which as akimbo says is cured by a UV lamp

It's not a special nail varnish remover that's to be used ,its simply acetone, cheap as chips and available from any chemist.

I'm sorely tempted by this system, as I go to my nail technician and have shellac applied, currently a natural French, as I am a nurse. It costs me £25 for finger application or £40 for fingers and toes

It lasts 2 weeks easily with no chipping even though I am constantly applying alcohol gel to my hands.

To remove I simply soak cotton pads in acetone and place on my nails and cover with foil, it then it wipes away, after 10 minutes

The point that I am trying to make is that you cannot compare this system to simple nail polish , it's like comparing microdermabrasion to an exfoliator

Last edited:
Cheers for that Jabba and thanks for the link.

On reflection I'll stick with polish, if I take the time to apply properly and allow lots of drying time I can squeeze 4-5 days out of most opi polishes (slightly less for Nails Inc).

Jude xx

I've a pretty low boredom threshold with nail colour and never seem to have it on for very long before I'm getting ready to change it. TBH I don't much like the sound of that soaking off process either. With enough Nails Inc, Leighton Denny and OPI in my cupboard already to paint a battleship I reckon my credit card can rest easy with this TSV.

Shall certainly look forward to hearing how others get along with it though.

Isn't it funny how AY's normal nail polishes now don't last her the week, two weeks she used to say, suddenly she has to redo them anytime she comes into work as they don't survive her working with the horses!!! :rolleyes:

You can get a gel system on ebay for pennies, so when you are bored with it, it's not such a wrench to bin it.

Isn't it funny how AY's normal nail polishes now don't last her the week, two weeks she used to say, suddenly she has to redo them anytime she comes into work as they don't survive her working with the horses!!! :rolleyes:

A typical case of change the spiel according to the product she's trying to flog! :thinking:

the website wont let you buy it just keeps saying contact cust services

clear your cookies Sugarplum mine does that all the time

I was going to suggest the same. I often have trouble with the QVC website when I use Firefox but it's usually OK with Safari. Not that I intend to buy but I did get one in my basket using the latter although the normal website "error" message appeared on Firefox.

I was going to suggest the same. I often have trouble with the QVC website when I use Firefox but it's usually OK with Safari. Not that I intend to buy but I did get one in my basket using the latter although the normal website "error" message appeared on Firefox.

Ahhh didn't realise it was firefox to blame, just thought the webshite was naff lol.

Hope her bessie mate Leighton wasn't watching!!

Debbie Flint's been using this nail system and I'm sorry but I think her nails look a mess. They're all lumpy bumpy and not smooth like nails should be. I wonder how easy it is to get the technique right. Unless her nails are always like that and I've never noticed.

I noticed that the model demonstrating the system also had lumps on her nails. Not a good look and surely it can't be good for your natural nails, having to soak them in acetone for so long, and then all that buffing!

I use Firefox and very rarely have a problem with the website. On the Facebook page loads of complaints about the website from all web browsers, think the most is IE.

I was surprised they didn't offer the TSV on easy.

Saw the presentation last night,thought it was quite amateurish tbh and looks way to complicated for me to be bothered with......the colours were boring too.I appreciate that the colour may last a lot longer but I think that certain glossy nail polishes applied carefully look better.

Will stick to putting nail polish on instead,though for somethinh like a holiday where you may want it to last a professional gel manicure may be a treat to invest in.

The colours look old-fashioned and a bit boring to me, so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter how long they last. In any case, I like to change my nail colour frequently, and (shamed confession) I thoroughly enjoy picking off old polish. This system unticks all the boxes!

i get bored with the same polish after about 2 days, I must have a very very very low boredom threshold. Furthermore I always find what colour I wear does not match what I want to wear clothes wise, so I am forever chaning polish

Latest posts

Back