Nail Boutique TSV Fri 29th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i get bored with the same polish after about 2 days, I must have a very very very low boredom threshold. Furthermore I always find what colour I wear does not match what I want to wear clothes wise, so I am forever chaning polish

I'm exactly the same! I find that normal polish will last about a week if I want but I tend to get bored after 3/4 days max.

I think that this system is like most things it will suit one person but not the next and like most process with several stages the more often you do it the easier it will get.
I don't ware polish as my nails are VERY short and I seem unable to grow them no matter what I use on them.
Thank goodness for the 30DMG as I must have tried every nail strengthener/grow faster liquid that Q sell or have sold and they have all been sent back for not working.
So what I want to know is would this system help to strengthen my own nails so allowing them to grow up underneath the polish?.
I wouldn't feel comfortable waring the red but the paler colour might work for me.

I'd avoid any system that required you to roughen the nail surface with a file or coarse buffer before application. I haven't seen the presentation yet but I think this happens with shellac nails and definitely damages the nails if you have other types of acrylic nails or overlays. You maybe genetically predisposed to short nails, in the same way that some people can grow their hair to their waist and other never will.

If my nails edge peels the Perfect Formula gel coat (really just a polish) seems to hold it together until I can file the free edge.

Jude xx

What you can do with this, as you can with shellac, is paint over it with another colour. Just remember to use acetone free polish remover though or it'll ruin the gels.

I've tried shellac and it knackered my natural nails. I know lots of people who love shellac etc so this could be great for them but it's not for me.

And sorry to be negative again but I don't think it's as easy as they're making out to get that salon perfect finish. My shellac nails looked amazing but none of the presenters nails look that good to me. If Carnel has it on and I think she does it looks a funny texture.

I'd avoid any system that required you to roughen the nail surface with a file or coarse buffer before application. I haven't seen the presentation yet but I think this happens with shellac nails and definitely damages the nails if you have other types of acrylic nails or overlays. You maybe genetically predisposed to short nails, in the same way that some people can grow their hair to their waist and other never will.

If my nails edge peels the Perfect Formula gel coat (really just a polish) seems to hold it together until I can file the free edge.

Jude xx

I agree am not keen at surface of my nail being roughened, can be very damaging! I like Nails Inc 2 week manicure as it is done by putting three coats of clear gel on and curing each one then they base coat, two coats of colour and top coat as normal. They do not need to roughen nail for that. As opposed to their 3 week manicure which is pretty much same as Shellac but it is Bioscuplture they use.

I wouldn't even consider using this stuff. I thought the finish of it looked awful and if that was done by an expert god help an amateur like me doing it. Having said all that one of my granddaughters does gel nails and everyone she does them for seem very happy with them.

I love my nail varnishes and doing my nails with the latest colours. I do not like the look of this at all. Its a lot of messing around in my opinion and I agree with those who thought the finish did not look that impressive. It would suit those who want the same colour on for a few weeks. I don't, i like to change it each week - sometimes twice a week.

The beige colour in the TSV looks the colour of putty! Not really me!

Jude xx

I agree! They could have chosen much nicer colours fir the TSV. I only like the plum shade! The others looks looks horrid! Something like a nice dark taupe brown wouldnt been nice.. the colour they call taupe in the kit isn't at all! I am interested in it.. but would prefer the Mally kit but I doubt they will bring that one over as they have this one now. I bet they didnt give nice colour shades in this kit so they can flock kits with other colours in!

I expect that if you have UV lamp already you could use it to set but don't quote me on that.. the mally lamp looks v similar but different colour and reviews on it have said that it is led but actually emits uv rays. This one might be the same.

I hope its not the Rio system, I'd love for it to be the SensationNails system

You can get the SensatioNail online at Boots.com and selected (larger stores I expect) for £69.99... all prep, light and 1 colour.. very similar to what qvc is selling and no p&p as is over £25. Also is cheaper.. and you can pay with points and you collect 276 points when you buy it. Just an idea for anyone who likes the idea but is put off by the qvc kit.

Last edited:
I love my nail varnishes and doing my nails with the latest colours. I do not like the look of this at all. Its a lot of messing around in my opinion and I agree with those who thought the finish did not look that impressive. It would suit those who want the same colour on for a few weeks. I don't, i like to change it each week - sometimes twice a week.

I agree. The only type of nail polish I'd want to last any length of time would be a French manicure and a. that looks like it would be a right old faff with one of these and b. there's no polishes I've seen that are French manicure colours. The colours that do come with it I wouldn't want on my nails for two minutes let alone two weeks.

I agree. The only type of nail polish I'd want to last any length of time would be a French manicure and a. that looks like it would be a right old faff with one of these and b. there's no polishes I've seen that are French manicure colours. The colours that do come with it I wouldn't want on my nails for two minutes let alone two weeks.

On the US website there is an FAQ page and it says yes can be used with UV lamp.. but has to be a certain wattage.. and you can do a french maincure and they suggest which shades are best.
https://www.buyredcarpetmanicure.com/faqs

i would love this tsv as my nails chip after a day and thats using opi/nails inc/leighton denny/ base coat. seche vite top coat et all . but i dont like any of the colours and i am not going to spend silly money topping up special removers and base coat etc

I was intrested as I do a lot of gardening , but it seems very time consming to me!

Early this morning Q were selling Roo beauty bag for £14.52 incl.p&p, #400186, only the one presentation. It has a removable tray that holds 20 nail polish bottles upright. I bought 2. I saw on here a link to RooBeauty. ThankYou!!! Nicer colours, £4.99 each and free delivery over £20. And various sizes and shapes. Trolleys and cases galore for makeup, nails and hair. Heaven for those who like gizmo bags. For that saving, wow. I, so, would like a trolley and the TwoVoicesInMyHead are giving me BrainAche. If these gizmo bags are nice, I'm athinking a purple trolley will be awheeling its way to Wales soon! Trolley is £89 and backpack 1pence! The Q 'Special Price Item' will be returned under DSR, when?!? will I learn to check around. [sigh] Wonder which will arrive first, ordered same day! hmmm

I've a pretty low boredom threshold with nail colour and never seem to have it on for very long before I'm getting ready to change it. TBH I don't much like the sound of that soaking off process either. With enough Nails Inc, Leighton Denny and OPI in my cupboard already to paint a battleship I reckon my credit card can rest easy with this TSV.

Shall certainly look forward to hearing how others get along with it though.

Totally agree with you there!! I thought exactly the same thing when I saw it being shown. I had acrylic nails for the first time this year as I wanted nice long pretty french manicured nails, BUT I really hated where it then started to show my natural nail, I also caught one of my nails and it slightly lifted (and flipping hurt too!)
and then I decided to get them removed and my nails were terrible afterwards and that was just by being on for about 3-4 weeks.. It has taken me months to get my nails better. SO, although this gel set seems like a really good idea, I will pass....

Latest posts

Back