Nail Boutique TSV Fri 29th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can understand people being wary of this but gel nail polish like this is not the same as acrylics or gel overlays. The removal is far more gentle and you don't need to buy special remover any nail varnish remover with acetone in it will do and there are some out there with moisturisers in to minimise the drying effect and as it lasts for 2 weeks you are actually exposing your nails to the chemical far less than of you were just removing normal polish every few days. The buffing process is not any more harmful to your nails as buffing once a week before a manicure. An added bonus is that the base coat is usually protein based and actually can help your nails and I find that Inam more likely to remember to use lashings of nail oil whilst I have the gel on and it adds strength to your nail which helps prevent it breaking as it grows.
In the end it is down to each individual to decide if it's for them. But you really can't compare the system to acrylic nails or gel overlays they are totally different nail enhancements.
I am surprised at the colours included I would have thought that they would have included a far more pink neutral the red and the plum look very similar to me and red carpet do have some very nice pinks. I did think they would have had a set available for a French manicure though

I'm amazed to hear they are suggesting this gel system to nurses and chefs people who are not allowed to wear nail polish.
Did they not say previously "you can wear Nail Envy matte if you are a nurse .. etc.. etc because you can't wear colour at work"?

I will not harm my nails in anyway, so this one is a definite "NO-NO" for me. For this polish to stay , we have to roughen the nails, that is damaging our nails on purpose.
To remove the polish, we have to use acetone, which dries out the nails and all nail experts tell us to use acetone free varnish remover on our nails, so again, we are abusing our nails if we use acetone.
Nails are precious, this is from someone who lost 4 toe nails (thankfully they grew back) and almost lost her finger nails , due to chemo.
Nails are like our hair, we must not damage them for something we can do without. We will not knowingly damage our hair by roughening them and then apply something that will dry them, will we?
:mysmilie_365:

I'm amazed to hear they are suggesting this gel system to nurses and chefs people who are not allowed to wear nail polish.
Did they not say previously "you can wear Nail Envy matte if you are a nurse .. etc.. etc because you can't wear colour at work"?
Nurses are not allowed to wear nail varnish, not because of the colour, but because as soon as they crack or chip, they provide extra breeding space and carry bacteria and viruses.(these chips and cracks may not be visible to our naked eyes...those who have access to microscopes do look at your polished nails and you will be horrified.)
Presenters who say that it is OK if they wear clear nail varnishes are grossly misleading the public. Nail envy is no different to any other nail varnish, microscopic chips and scratches harbour and carry bacteria. If you ever happen to be a patient in hospital, and you notice nurses wearing nail varnish, and if they say it is only clear varnish or it is nail envy, try to educate them.

I ordered one of these stands the other week they look great and all my nail varnish is organised now :)

ebay item 220943099751
NAIL VARNISH ACRYLIC DISPLAY STAND HOLDS APPROX 40 BOTTLES

i really wanted to try the tsv but the colours in it were horrid and the colours available to buy were worse. i think i'll buy the boots one i have some vouchers and points that i have never redeemed.

I happened to see Kathy on air today and already her gel polish has chipped, that is less than a week!!

RooBeautyBag for nail polishes

Received my RooBeautyBags. Qs' are being returned @ £15ea inclP&P. From Roo's online site, they're £5 and free del'y >£20. They're fab-u-luss! Flexible, removable foam dividers which slot together keeping 20 polish bottles upright; LD polish remover fits in too; has rubber mesh lid. Can cut foam to fit any configuration to hold nail files, etc. Sorted my lipsticks, upright, in one bag. Will buy more, to 'gift'. Thanks again for the link on here, teessvee, if I remember rightly. My stash of products is being sorted into the matching large-size bags (£6). x i-love-purple ~ ContentedSnarly

You are welcome Snarly, I will be getting some myself very soon I think. How do they keep a straight face on screen when they know they are screwing people? I used to get caught up in the hype of a show now I watch with a laptop and my friend Google :cheeky:

I agree, teessvee, the hype got to me. Am wiser, I hope! Roo has cantilever cases too. hmmm When you slot together the dividers, either do it when nobody's watching as you try and figure it out! Or, make it a race with your family. And if you put it together in 5 seconds, I don't wanna hear about it! Took me a good 5 minutes, I'm sure my facial expressions added a couple more wrinkles to the ol' forehead. They could use these for IQ tests! Or senility tests! lol x Snarly

I asked for this as a gift for my birthday tomorrow and it arrived on Tuesday. I did my nails that day and I am pleased with the results. The grey isnt as bad now I see it myself, better than on tv.. on my nails I have the plum shade! It is quite fiddly and time consuming but there is a learning curve to it! I think I did quite well for my first go! The brilliance coat is very important to make the nails glossy.. I had to cure nails on one hand twice as I applied it too thickly! You have to be very careful when applying and I kept getting it on my fingers and having to use the cleanser! Cotton pads and cotton buds to use around nails are advised! I've seen a gorgeous dark puple shade on beautybay that I want now! There was a girl on youtube who had it on who was reviewing this kit.. looked great! Nails still perfect after 2 days.. well as near to perfect as I could do! :smirk: I am going on holiday today for 2 weeks so shall see if they stand up to the test!

I've been lurking here for a few months - thanks for all the tips and heads up! I've spent rather too much with Q on some of the beauty TSVs recently, but I just wanted to give feedback to the person who posted about the Roo Beauty bags. THANKYOU SO MUCH!

Like Snarly I went over to their site but I succumbed to their 'Beauty Trolley & Backpack for 1p' offer. It was supposed to run until the end of June but it's still listed there : http://www.roobeauty.com/product.php/1248/emerald-trolley-with-beauticians-backpack

I have them in purple and they are AWESOME - top quality. They came with 2 nail polish storage bags so I can now carry *cough* most of my Leighton Denny obsession in them and all my other nail stuff.

Love this forum! :)

Love this kit!

Very excited when this kit arrived. Had wanted one for ages but the cost put me off. I used it the day it arrived and have had chip free nails for nearly a week. They still look shiny. Really glad I decided to try it. Has anybody else bought any other colours yet?

Latest posts

Back