Molton Brown TSV 01/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not so much bothered about missing out on this TSV as I had not intention of going for it as it only contained on product I use. It's more about the principal of people being able to secure orders ahead of its launch that renders the term TSV almost a contradiction of the trades description act. I'd be really annoyed if it was something I was looking forward to only to find it had sold out by the morning repeat.

I don't shop with QVC, haven't for years but I agree it should be called the WBSSV....Weeks Before Slightly Special Value, then CBWLACOQM...Comes Back Later A Couple Of Quid More.

Sold out? ****** hell! Well I do not wish to crow but mine arrived this morning so thank goodness I decided to act early to secure the Sensual Hanaleni. Now I wonder what the OTOs will be........ Bet there will be a good hand wash offer. Now we were discussing that yesterday so maybe it will be an even better price today.

Actually there is a duo, Rhubarb and Rose and Pettigree Dew for £16.98 plus £4.95 so same as the duo the other week. Total 21.93 so I think good value......so needless to say I ordered it to add to the mountain. Item 215767.

I love Rhubarb & Rose but find several MB scents a bit too masculine for my taste. Can anyone tell me about Pettigree Dew (which I've never heard of)? I've seen the official description but it means nothing to me. Is there an overriding fragrance?

I might be in the minority here, but I've really warmed to Jemma, the Molton Brown guest. She seems to have a great sense of humour, which the presenters latch on to, she knows her stuff, and she actually looks like she enjoys her job.

I have just realised (AFTER buying it) that 215767 is not a hand wash duo, but the rhubarb and rose is shower gel. Sorry about that. I am assuming Pettigree will be quite light and floral if it is based on lily of the valley. I did get a set with lily of the valley and star anise in it, very nice too on a sniff from the bottle. Not started yet, obvs!!! Still in the mountain.

I might be in the minority here, but I've really warmed to Jemma, the Molton Brown guest. She seems to have a great sense of humour, which the presenters latch on to, she knows her stuff, and she actually looks like she enjoys her job.

I don't dislike her myself. Some of the "London via ..." spiel irritates me but she probably has to keep saying that. Like me, she was clearly getting quite wound up by Jill Franks last night, squeezing a quarter of a bottle of hand wash into the bowl of water to swish her giant hand around in. It was annoying me too - I hate waste. And anyway, what's the point of those silly bowls of water on these shows? We still can't feel or smell the product? It doesn't even tell us how well they lather when daft JF uses unrealistic quantities.

I have just realised (AFTER buying it) that 215767 is not a hand wash duo, but the rhubarb and rose is shower gel. Sorry about that. I am assuming Pettigree will be quite light and floral if it is based on lily of the valley. I did get a set with lily of the valley and star anise in it, very nice too on a sniff from the bottle. Not started yet, obvs!!! Still in the mountain.

I had noticed actually and was happy with it because I already have two bottles of R&R hand wash in my personal reservoir(!). Thanks re the Pettigree Dew. I am pondering ....

I don't dislike her myself. Some of the "London via ..." spiel irritates me but she probably has to keep saying that. Like me, she was clearly getting quite wound up by Jill Franks last night, squeezing a quarter of a bottle of hand wash into the bowl of water to swish her giant hand around in. It was annoying me too - I hate waste. And anyway, what's the point of those silly bowls of water on these shows? We still can't feel or smell the product? It doesn't even tell us how well they lather when daft JF uses unrealistic quantities.
Oh, was there a bit of tension??? Great! I shall watch the recording then and also hear what they have to say about the already purchased TSV. I do like to have my decisions validated!!!

we still have three months for christmas. i like molton brown but if its sold out so be it. not the end of the world. reading facebook you would have thought that the plague was back. there will be loads of other offers over the next few months

On the Q Facebook page quite a few of outrage over offering the TSV early and then not having enough stock on the day. People just turning on this morning expecting to buy it in the morning repeat but it was gone.

Oh, was there a bit of tension??? Great! I shall watch the recording then and also hear what they have to say about the already purchased TSV. I do like to have my decisions validated!!!

You could interpret it as friendly banter but I chose to sense tension, ha ha! The guest was definitely distracted as she was talking, though, as her face was to camera but her eyes were to her left as Jill held up the bottle and let the soap pour out freely. Well, "freely" considering how little we know you need. She did chastise Jill more than once.

we still have three months for christmas. i like molton brown but if its sold out so be it. not the end of the world. reading facebook you would have thought that the plague was back. there will be loads of other offers over the next few months

Same attitude here. And there's always OTOs, which will probably suit me better to be honest.

On the Q Facebook page quite a few of outrage over offering the TSV early and then not having enough stock on the day. People just turning on this morning expecting to buy it in the morning repeat but it was gone.

Wasn't there some furore a few months ago and a clampdown on information being released early? Have QVC just been unable to stop it?

I am pleased Molton Brown is doing well again on QVC as it will hopefully mean they are back to stay a while.

Wasn't there some furore a few months ago and a clampdown on information being released early? Have QVC just been unable to stop it?

I am pleased Molton Brown is doing well again on QVC as it will hopefully mean they are back to stay a while.

smacks of hypocrisy to me. its more like training the customers to shop early and not be complacent after all qvc are doing us a favour arent they.:mysmilie_467:

Just meandered through the Q Facebook posts. So many people moaning about Jill!!! I thought it was just on here. It does seem odd to me that they put it on early if they had so few. I can remember years back holding on the phone, in bed, longing to sleep because I had to get up early and go away, for an MB TSV. Didn't they use to sell about 20,000? What could the number be this time, 7,000 perhaps?

Just meandered through the Q Facebook posts. So many people moaning about Jill!!! I thought it was just on here. It does seem odd to me that they put it on early if they had so few. I can remember years back holding on the phone, in bed, longing to sleep because I had to get up early and go away, for an MB TSV. Didn't they use to sell about 20,000? What could the number be this time, 7,000 perhaps?

the big christmas one was more like 100,000 & a standard one 20-35,000 or more so deffo less than 10,000 on this one

Yes of course, I remember now you say that it was indeed 100,000. Such a value of turnover (into the £millions) it was incredible, for L'Occy as well I believe. This was quite a piddly amount really for the Q birthday and their Xmas TSV. Perhaps they are happy with the Xmas sales from the DHS. Perhaps they do not have the production capacity.

smacks of hypocrisy to me. its more like training the customers to shop early and not be complacent after all qvc are doing us a favour arent they.:mysmilie_467:

I think it's so that we will be grateful to QVC for deigning to spread the word early, rather than glad for any sleuthing done on here.

Yes of course, I remember now you say that it was indeed 100,000. Such a value of turnover (into the £millions) it was incredible, for L'Occy as well I believe. This was quite a piddly amount really for the Q birthday and their Xmas TSV. Perhaps they are happy with the Xmas sales from the DHS. Perhaps they do not have the production capacity.

It's quite interesting that some brands decide to, or have to, come to QVC with such massive stocks for the TSVs. L'Occitane as you say, Liz Earle and Elemis of course. Which are the other big brands that get so hyped and have up to 100,000 (or more?) in stock for the big days? Is it always beauty because there is so much press coverage and the beauty bloggers spread the hype? And do we actually know that Molton Brown didn't provide more than a few thousand for this TSV? I'm sure they could produce the quantities if they wanted to??

I have just watched the three shows back to back (fully employing the FF button especially when JF was on) and I am sure someone said they did not get in a huge number. Mrs Windmill said she was very surprised it had gone so early. They must have under-estimated demand. But how? It was a very good price and they know how the big Xmas Elemis one sells when it is at that kind of price, even with the Team orchid malarkey making us too nauseated to watch.

Latest posts

Back