Mike Mason.....RETURNS!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone on here has just posted on the bid tv fb page welcoming Mike back and asking for more tanzanite. Now who could that be!!! Pmsl.

Sorry to all the fans, but I am distinctly underwhelmed :hi: Never seen the guy before........and doubt if I shall be watching again. Of course, it doesn't help when you have to peddle a load of old cr*p.
Aaww give him a chance to get going again Phil, he was rather low key (for him) last night but I'm sure the old Spikey Mikey (just without the hair :grin:) will soon emerge. There were flashes of the old Mike as Steve has pointed out and it's a real pleasure to have him back imo but we need more late night FUN. :muscle:

Mike at his manic best!! :mysmilie_15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ivjctp7og

Thanks Steve. :clapping: It was good to see the assistant Nicky in those segments, I really liked her and her interaction with Mike on screen was often hilarious.

i was browsing last night as i do couldn't believe my eyes! mike was back! i'm really pleased he's back am a fan i personally enjoy his slight manic style least he don't over do it like a certain mr becque he's way over the top paul that is not lovely mike welcome back mike shall be tuning in :)

I think we saw a Mature Mike, last night. Less hair, less manic, very professional, obviously mellowed with his young kid (it was nice to hear him talk about his child).

I do hope we get the cheeky Mike again. I loved his antics. It makes late nights worth watching again on Bid.

I enjoyed watching him last night. He made me laugh out loud within 3~ minutes of tuning in.

I'd imagine Mike is keeping it cool because of how Sit-up is now run. Things back in the golden age of Sit-up are no more :sad:

Aaww give him a chance to get going again Phil, he was rather low key (for him) last night but I'm sure the old Spikey Mikey (just without the hair :grin:) will soon emerge. There were flashes of the old Mike as Steve has pointed out and it's a real pleasure to have him back imo but we need more late night FUN. :muscle:

Mike at his manic best!! :mysmilie_15:

Yes, your right - shouldn't judge too quickly. Watched a bit tonight & he's definitely growing on me - vast improvement on Paul Beque, and far preferable to that smarmy toad, James Russell and the silly old goat, Peter Simon.

Products very variable - a few decent ones, such as the George Foreman Grill, but a lot of sh*te as well - boring batteries (Yawn, Yawn!), those godawful Dr Cringles and some chavvy men's necklace and bracelet. What I liked was that he was completely up-front about the gold-plating and didn't try to bamboozle you into thinking it was something that it wasn't - unlike that old fraud Simon. :hi:

I saw him for the first time yesterday, or the day before, can't remember exactly but he's great isn't he. Chirpy without being irritating like that Beque person, sounds more sincere than Russell and actually gets the words right.

Mike does know his stuff, doesn't he! Fun to watch at the same time.

It's a refreshing change from the general bs and excessive use of superlatives to describe frankly ordinary products by other presenters.

Personally, I think it sets a new standard on which all the presenters could learn from.

watched again last night agree compared to how he was before he does seem a bit calmer but am pretty sure before long the old mike will creep in a bit he's just getting used to being back shall be tuning in tonight

Anybody know where he's been ? Wonderful to see him back, did'nt recognise him at first what with the lack of hair and a few wrinkles, defo looks older, but hey, exactly how long has it been since we've seen him ?

I love when presenters don't take themselves or the products seriously.

I am fed up with bores like Caroline, Nicola, Guy (yawn), that scottish man with no charisma, Far etc

it's wonderful having him back did used to catch him on galatv now and again he puts the other presenters to shame and he's only been back 3 days

It's a refreshing change from the general bs and excessive use of superlatives to describe frankly ordinary products by other presenters.
Ha. Yeah, if I ever see Sally Jaxx telling us she 'absolutely loves' whatever piece of tat she is selling again, I think I'll end up putting my foot through the TV screen.

I am fed up with bores like Caroline, Nicola, Guy (yawn), that scottish man with no charisma, Far etc
Does anyone find Far rather creepy and a bit of a letch whenever he is presenting with one of the female presenters or is with one of the assistants? Constantly touching them, holding their hands, putting his arm around them. I saw him with Cindy the other week and for no reason whatsoever he was putting his hand on hers all the time.

Regarding Mike Mason, I haven't watched too much of his first week back as I have been enjoying the Darts coverage, however, it certainly makes a nice change to see someone with a bit of personality and charisma on the channels. First night back and Andy Oliver was on Price Drop same time as Mike was on Bid, no comparison between the monotonous and dull Oliver and chirpy and bright Mike.

Latest posts

Back